Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Need few more nights to hit platinum. Can i book for my friends and get the nights?

Need few more nights to hit platinum. Can i book for my friends and get the nights?

Old Dec 21, 2019, 10:48 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, AA PLT for Life
I find it mind boggling that people "check out" of hotels.

I do this maybe 1 in 50 nights, when I want to see the bill (folio) before leaving.

Otherwise why bother spending time doing some useless thing when instead I could be reading FlyerTalk?!?
duhe likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: AC SE, Fairmont Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
I may have accidentally have had the similar happen where I planned on meeting my daughter at the Prince de Galles in Paris for a couple of days to celebrate her birthday.

I knew she would arrive first so had added her to the reservation but silly me, when I got to the airport to head to France discovered my ticket was for a work trip to New Orleans instead.

Night credit and points came through fine and it sounded like my daughter and her girlfriends had a great time in Paris without Dad being there.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 2:33 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by rogo
I find it mind boggling that people "check out" of hotels.
why bother spending time doing some useless thing ?
As a courtesy to the hotel and to the next guest who may be waiting for the room, maybe ?
margarita girl likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 7:12 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
As a courtesy to the hotel and to the next guest who may be waiting for the room, maybe ?
... and it takes like 10 seconds in the app e.g. while waiting for the elevator.
margarita girl and TXJeepGuy like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.