Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Kraków, Hotel Royal [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2019, 8:38 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG

This one's a bit on the horizon without an opening date mentioned, but Le Méridien will be returning to Poland through a [very much needed] renovation of the Hotel Royal in Kraków's old town, right by the Wawel Castle. Below is a translated article from the owning company's website.

As always, thrilled to see more of these hotels.

khabah

Polski Holding Hotelowy introduces the Le Méridien brand, which belongs to the Marriott International chain

During the most important hotel forum "Hotel Trends Poland & CEE" on November 25 President of the Polish Hotel Holding Company and AMW Hotels, Gheorghe Marian Cristescu and Janusz Mitulski, Senior Development Director in the CEE and Ukraine region, Marriott International signed a letter of intent to introduce an exclusive brand Le Méridien. The Royal Hotel in Krakow, belonging to the AMW Hotele company, which is part of the Polski Hotel Holding Group, will operate under this brand.

- This is another step in line with the strategy and development schedule of PHH. We have made a thorough market analysis and decided that the Le Méridien brand is ideally suited to the Royal Hotel, which is located in the center of Krakow and near the biggest tourist attractions, frequented by foreign guests. It will be the only Le Méridien hotel in Poland , one of the most trusted and classic brands in the global hotel industry - says Gheorghe Marian Cristescu, President of the Management Board of the Polish Hotel Holding.

Le Méridien is an exclusive international hotel brand belonging to the Marriott International chain. Le Mčridien believes that everyone in a time of unlimited travel should discover the world in a big way. The main goal of the brand is to show these places through monuments, sounds, aromas and culinary offers, inspiring guests with beautiful and cultural experiences based on its Parisian roots. Currently, it is one of the most trusted and classic brands in the global hotel industry, with locations around the world, including in the United States and Europe, as well as more distant and exotic places such as Bali, Bora Bora and Marrakech. In Krakow, the Le Méridien hotel will be the only hotel in Poland.

- Due to the beautiful history of Krakow, I am glad that we will be able to continue using the name 'Royal', which is strongly associated with the history of this unique city. One of PHH's assumptions is also caring and nurturing hotel traditions, where there are historic buildings such as the Royal Hotel, which has been neglected for many years despite its excellent location and great potential - adds Gheorghe Marian Cristescu.

The unique Hotel Royal is an ideal place for tourists traveling on business and leisure. The unique location of the hotel in the center of Krakow, at the foot of the Wawel Royal Castle, as well as the close proximity of the Main Square and the Kazimierz district encourage tourists and businessmen to discover the charms of this most tourist city in Poland. The location of the hotel is very important for guests who care about being in the very center of the city, near the most important tourist attractions of Krakow. Ultimately, the facility will have 120 rooms.

Polish Hotel Holding is a 100% company with state capital. The holding's goal is to create a strong and professional Polish hotel entity, competitive in the industry, efficiently managing the database of state-owned facilities. Currently, PHH's portfolio includes 10 facilities located in Warsaw, Katowice, Gdańsk, Rzeszów, Poznań, Międzyzdroje and the Hel Peninsula. In 2019, PHH acquired all the shares of AMW Hotels, Gliwice Tourist Agency, Hotel Olsztyn and the Provincial Enterprise of Tourist Services. Thanks to this, the hotel group of Polski Hotel Holding has a total of 27 hotel facilities. In addition, under the management contract with PHN, PHH will open the Moxy & Residence Inn in Warsaw in the coming years and be the first to introduce the Vīb brand in Poland and Europe, belonging to the Best Western Hotels & Resorts chain. The Zgoda Apartments in Warsaw will operate under the Vīb brand name.

Over the next few years, Polski Hotel Holding will manage dozens of various hotel facilities throughout Poland.

Source: https://phh.pl/polski-holding-hotelo...international/
James Luckard likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 9:50 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Interesting! Very close Sheraton as well which is about 2 minutes walking away from Wavel Castle.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 1:46 pm

Will be there in July... any idea if 6 months is realistic for a reopening?
Old Dec 11, 2019, 10:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by omghaxcode
Will be there in July... any idea if 6 months is realistic for a reopening?
The letter of intent to rebrand the hotel to Le Méridien was signed on November 25th. Unless they’ve already started renovations several months ago, I don’t expect this thing to be done any time before 2021 or 2022 based on property photos I’ve seen online. If you’re in the city in a few months, it’d be great if you could drop by and see what progress, if any, there is!

khabah
Old Dec 12, 2019, 1:31 am

I walked in the hotel and looked around when I was there twenty years ago (hard to believe). Based on photos online, it doesn't appear to have changed much since. It was a lovely but badly faded old pre-WWI Austro-Hungarian Empire palace that would absolutely look at home on an avenue in Vienna.

Interested to see how they transform it.

The Hotel Saski not far away, where I had dinner on that long-ago trip, is also being renovated right now, to become a Hilton Curio Collection property. I'm glad to see Krakow's grand historic hotels getting some attention, there are a number of them.
jorguh likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Renderings of the interior [reception, concierge, Hub, standard room and bathroom] were released a few days ago by the owners; they've selected an interior designer and are now in the process of selecting a general contractor. They seem motivated to begin the renovation of the old Hotel Royal as soon as they can, so I reckon they'll push to start late this year or early next and wrap up sometime in early 2023.

khabah

Old Aug 4, 2020, 9:51 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
That looks pretty nice actually!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.