Do I get points on airport transportation?

Old Dec 8, 19, 1:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Do I get points on airport transportation?

I tried to search for it but couldn't find an answer (maybe I am not using the right terms).

If I use hotel transportation (for a charge Billed to my room), do I get points for it?

I looked up Marriott Bonvoy terms but couldn't find anything making it a qualifying or non-qualifying charge.

Thanks
Old Dec 8, 19, 7:21 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22 View Post
I tried to search for it but couldn't find an answer (maybe I am not using the right terms).

If I use hotel transportation (for a charge Billed to my room), do I get points for it?

I looked up Marriott Bonvoy terms but couldn't find anything making it a qualifying or non-qualifying charge.

Thanks
I doubt it. We don't even get points for valet parking. Unless parking or whatever else gets bundled into the room rate, generally you will not.
Old Dec 8, 19, 8:39 am

Programs: Accor Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Alitalia CFA, Emirates/Oman air Silver
I never got points (even at other chains) for transportations, even if managed by the hotel, because normally they are made by third parts
Points Scrounger likes this.
Old Dec 8, 19, 10:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS 75K; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
It's up to the property. Usually not.
Old Dec 8, 19, 10:09 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is the OP talking about a car service operated by the hotel, an outside car service arranged through the concierge (and presumably billed to the room), a small fee to use the hotel's airport shuttle bus, a commercial airport bus or train ticket sold by the hotel or what? Some details would help, but ultimately it's YMMV.
Old Dec 8, 19, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Is the OP talking about a car service operated by the hotel, an outside car service arranged through the concierge (and presumably billed to the room), a small fee to use the hotel's airport shuttle bus, a commercial airport bus or train ticket sold by the hotel or what? Some details would help, but ultimately it's YMMV.
I am talking about hotel car. Billed to my room. The car has property name on it so doesn't look like third party.

It's not the shuttle either.

It's definitely not the outside car service arranged by concierge.
Old Dec 8, 19, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS 75K; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
I am talking about hotel car. Billed to my room. The car has property name on it so doesn't look like third party.
You actually can't tell. Many properties contract the service out, even when the cars nominally bear the property's name.

Property can handle this however it likes. Only Marriott that's ever given me credit is Essex House. And I routinely book airport car service at luxury properties.
Old Dec 8, 19, 2:11 pm

Programs: Accor Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Alitalia CFA, Emirates/Oman air Silver

It's not the shuttle either.

It's definitely not the outside car service arranged by concierge.
hotel cars / van are normally managed by third parties, even if with the hotel logo on each door.
Old Dec 8, 19, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dav77 View Post
hotel cars / van are normally managed by third parties, even if with the hotel logo on each door.
Thanks. I guess we are getting to

"Thereis no easy way to find out if a hotel car ride is eligible for points or not and it's better to just ignore and move on"
Old Dec 8, 19, 7:29 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Ask the hotel in advance by email and keep the response; I'd do this before booking the car service with the hotel.
Old Dec 8, 19, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Ask the hotel in advance by email and keep the response; I'd do this before booking the car service with the hotel.
Thanks, that's a good suggestion will do this in future.
Old Dec 9, 19, 11:08 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott Titanium (LT Plat), Hilton Gold
Manila Marriott near the airport. Transport fee charged to the room and got points. Not sure if it was a hotel car or 3rd party.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: