Ambassador Service Survey

Old Dec 4, 19, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: DYKWIA, UA GS/1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador
Ambassador Service Survey

Just got this survey this morning. One of the questions noted that I'd been staying less with Marriott than in the past. Seems like Marriott is getting a little worried about their slowing revenue.....

--------------------------------------------------------------

Help us make Ambassador Service even better.

Dear Porciuscato,

Providing you an exceptional experience is our top priority. As a Marriott Bonvoy™ Ambassador Elite member, your feedback about Ambassador Service is extremely valuable.

Please complete this important survey by Wednesday,
December 11, 2019, to share your thoughts and insights about your Ambassador Service experience. Responses and insights may be shared with ambassador teams, Member Support centers and Marriott® leadership.
Old Dec 4, 19, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I bet there are a lot of us like that
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Dec 4, 19, 10:54 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Ambassador (LTT)
Got the email too.

One of the questions in the survey was.. we noticed you havent stayed with us this year as compared to previous years. Why?
Old Dec 4, 19, 1:14 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE, VSE 5 Star Elite
Interesting, I got the survey this AM, but I didn't get either of those questions. Just asked me to rate Bonvoy and Ambassador service and 2 text fields for suggestions, etc...
Old Dec 4, 19, 1:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I got an Ambassador service survey some months ago and reported it here somewhere, although my Starriott nights didn't decline.
Old Dec 4, 19, 2:17 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Amb, Hilton Diamond, AMEX Plat
I didn't get the last survey and haven't received this one yet. I wonder if Marriott have noticed my spend has gone down by 60% in the last year, and that the decline only started 3 months ago...
Old Dec 4, 19, 3:32 pm

Programs: SPG Plat100, DL Diamond, AA Executive Platinum (former CK)
No survey

I’ve spent $36k this year and my great ambasador was promoted and now I have a terrible one. I want a survey.
Old Dec 4, 19, 11:17 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
I got the survey a few months ago AND this new one. I did get the "we noticed you haven't stayed with us as much" question this time around. I was brutally honest about the lack of tangible Ambassador recognition at properties AND the utter failure of my personal Ambassador to handle even the simplest requests.
supatight80 and BearX220 like this.
Old Dec 4, 19, 11:44 pm

I didn’t get it this time, nor the previous one. Had I received it, it would have been a very positive reply in respect of my Ambassador but rather negative about the program as a whole. It’s something of a moot point: I won’t renew this year with 115 nights, so certainly won’t qualify next year with the 50 or 75 nights ( max) I plan to spend in Marriotts.
Old Dec 5, 19, 12:52 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman View Post
I got the survey a few months ago AND this new one. I did get the "we noticed you haven't stayed with us as much" question this time around. I was brutally honest about the lack of tangible Ambassador recognition at properties AND the utter failure of my personal Ambassador to handle even the simplest requests.
Looking forward to their reply. I hope you post it here!
Old Dec 5, 19, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990 View Post
Looking forward to their reply. I hope you post it here!
I’d be surprised if they replied to a survey.
Old Dec 5, 19, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT; QR PLT; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by porciuscato View Post
One of the questions noted that I'd been staying less with Marriott than in the past. Seems like Marriott is getting a little worried about their slowing revenue.....
All businesses have customers who spent less this year than last. It's good management practice to ask them why. Doesn't mean that a business is worried about revenue. Do you have any data/evidence to support your assertion that revenue is declining? That's what I thought.

In fact, Marriott's revenue is growing. Here's the actual information, taken from publicly filed financial documents: Total revenues in first nine months of 2018 were $15.469 billion and went up slightly in 2019 to $15.601 billion. Same with REVPAR.
Old Dec 5, 19, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH View Post
In fact, Marriott's revenue is growing. Here's the actual information, taken from publicly filed financial documents: Total revenues in first nine months of 2018 were $15.469 billion and went up slightly in 2019 to $15.601 billion. Same with REVPAR.
1% top line increase against 2% inflation for a company that is supposed to be realizing post-integration synergies? That is not growth.
Old Dec 5, 19, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Especially for a company with increased pricing power that should benefit from the network effect
unclepants and nexusCFX like this.
Old Dec 5, 19, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: DYKWIA, UA GS/1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador
...Do you have any data/evidence to support your assertion that revenue is declining?
Um yeah, as a matter of fact, I do. Note first, that I wrote slowing revenue -- as in a decline in growth, not "declining revenue," which you misattribute to me. From the earnings release:

Third quarter 2019 comparable systemwide constant dollar RevPAR rose 1.5 percent worldwide, 1.9 percent outside North America and 1.3 percent in North America;
So, as others have pointed out, they're not keeping pace with inflation, particularly in the U.S. where I live. But more importantly, their revenue is not keeping up with costs:

Third quarter reported net income totaled $387 million, a 23 percent decrease from prior year results. Third quarter adjusted net income totaled $488 million, an 18 percent decrease from prior year adjusted results;
That's what I thought.
You thought wrong -- or perhaps you weren't thinking.
supatight80 and nexusCFX like this.

Last edited by porciuscato; Dec 5, 19 at 8:35 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: