Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 7, 2021, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jason8612
Hotel email:
[email protected]

Resort Shared Seaplane Transfer:
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees and to be paid upon check-out.
420 USD per adult (12 years and above)
210 USD per child (ages between 2 and 11.99 years)
Baggage
Complimentary for infants (below 2 years)
Standard baggage is 30 25kg including hand luggage. Excess weight will be charged at 5.60 USD per kg (per round trip).
Max dimensions are 158 cm and 32 kg. Infants do not have baggage allowance.
Hours
Operate between 06:00 to 16:00.
For check-in, last international flight must arrive at or before 15:30.
For check-out, first international flight must depart at or after 09:00.
Complete Details can be found here.

COVID Related Topics
Testing
Testing available at 120++ USD pp and reservations should be made no later than 72 hours prior to departure.
Quarantine/Isolation Policy
What happens if I test positive for COVID? Current policy can be found here.
Contact Tracing
Where can I find the list of properties under contract tracing? Here.
What happens if a resort is listed under contract tracing?
Guests must travel directly between MLE airport and the property post arrival and pre departure via international flight ONLY.
Inter-island transfers will be ceased and guests will not be able to arrive from, depart to, another island in the Maldives.

Water Sports & Diving Menu

Spa, Beauty, & Fitness Menu

F&B Menu

Latitude Menu
Riviera Menu
Tabemasu Menu
Turquoise Menu
Velaa Lunch Menu
Velaa Dinner Menu
Waves Menu
Wine Master List
Mini Bar Menu

Meal Plans
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees
Bed and Breakfast per night

30 USD per adult (12 years and above)
15 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Half Board per night
95 USD per adult (12 years and above)
47.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Complimentary for infants (below 3 years)
Full Board Plus per night
155 USD per adult (12 years and above)
77.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
All-Inclusive per night
230 USD per adult (12 years and above)
115 USD per child (ages 3 and 11.99 years)
Details can be found here.

F&B Bonvoy Discounts
General Members & Silver Elite 10%
Gold Elite 15%
Platinum, Titanium, & Ambassador Elite 20%
Full Details can be found here.

Resort Map
Can be found here.
Room total can be found here.
Beach Bungalow and Beach Villa are categorized by location. See the resort map for more information.

Paid/confirmed upgrades
Rates per night as of 08-May-2021
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV 50++ USD
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV w/ pool 250++ USD
Terms
Must be for entire duration of reservation
Requires non-refundable payment at time of confirming
Availability and rates subject to change
Can you apply SNAs at this property? No.

Late Checkout Policy (subject to availability)
General Members: None
Silver Elite: "Priority"
Gold Elite: 2pm
Platinum & Titanium Elite: 4pm
Ambassador Elite: 4pm or "Your24"

Welcome Gift
General Members & Silver Elite: None
Gold Elite: 500 points per stay
Platinum, Titanium, and Ambassador Elite: Welcome Gift: 1000 points per stay OR amenity per stay OR breakfast at Turquoise Restaurant per day for 2 persons (member + 1)

Drone Restrictions
"We strictly prohibit the operation of any type of UAV or drones for any purpose within and above the premises of the resort as our guests' privacy is of our utmost concern. This prohibition extends to devices launched from the resort or from outside the boundaries of the resort. If you wish to take photographs or videos, you may do so at the common areas of our resort."
Print Wikipost

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2022, 7:04 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by bergcy
Did anyone who stayed here have problems with the points posted to your Marriott account? I had booked 3 rooms on points and had about $3k in seaplane transfers, $3k in dining and $2k for activities.

They essentially posted points for about $250. I have been going back and forth between Marriott and the Resort. I was curious is this is an isolated issue (or) if others had similar issues.
after 10 days from my check out date no points posted at all.

After claim to Marriott, the agent posted the right amount of points for all the incidental expenses (f&b)
Majuki likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 7:52 am

Hello all! We are coming in 4 months... just want to check if I am a platinum member, is there a 20% discount to food and beverage? since the breakfast will be included as part of the benefit, will my half board price be reduced by $30 (i.e. from $95 to $65)? What other benefits are there as a platinum member at this hotel? Thanks so much.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 9:45 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by andrew148
Hello all! We are coming in 4 months... just want to check if I am a platinum member, is there a 20% discount to food and beverage? since the breakfast will be included as part of the benefit, will my half board price be reduced by $30 (i.e. from $95 to $65)? What other benefits are there as a platinum member at this hotel? Thanks so much.
That 20% discount program is over chain-wide.
andrew148 likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
That 20% discount program is over chain-wide.
thanks!
Old Sep 13, 2022, 11:02 am

i haven’t been offered the 20% discount on f&b at my arrival …and at the end I forgot to mention about that at check out when payed the bill and it was not applied “automatically”. So be careful to ask about this discount at check in ….

half board is $65 pp

other benefits … upgrade (based on availability- I found them very generous on that) and there is a weekly free aperitif for Marriott members (near the reception, free unlimited aperol spritz )
andrew148 likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 11:15 am

Thanks so much! Really appreciate your detailed reply! I hope you have had a great time there!
Old Sep 13, 2022, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by bergcy
Did anyone who stayed here have problems with the points posted to your Marriott account? I had booked 3 rooms on points and had about $3k in seaplane transfers, $3k in dining and $2k for activities.

They essentially posted points for about $250. I have been going back and forth between Marriott and the Resort. I was curious is this is an isolated issue (or) if others had similar issues.
You need to check the T&C -- seaplane transfers and a lot of activities (if technically run by operating partners and not the hotel directly) will be excluded from normal earning. I learned this the hard way when I expected a scuba cert at a Marriott in Indonesia to award a bunch of extra points. I would expect most dining to post though.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 12:36 am

Thanks so much! Really appreciate your detailed reply! I hope you have had a great time there!
everything was really wonderful at this property, but the sandflies
andrew148 likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 1:45 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
I have a somewhat different topic. While at the resort for about a week earlier this year, we made friends with a few members of staff. I would like to donate a specific card game (very light, available at Amazon) to the crew at one of the restaurants. Of course, I would pay for it if there is anyone traveling within the next few weeks who could assist on delivering it to the resort? PM very much welcome.
brownpaw likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 1:06 am

Programs: marriott
I am a Titanium member and book the room on DEC.
2 adults and 2kids with 3 and 5 yr.
They charge me with extra kid for $75 per day which including breakfast in the charge, since we have the breakfast for free do we need to pay full amount?
And further, how shall we book the drinking plan since we drink. Can we do half board with drinking plan?
Old Sep 15, 2022, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by Sanny Lee
I am a Titanium member and book the room on DEC.
2 adults and 2kids with 3 and 5 yr.
They charge me with extra kid for $75 per day which including breakfast in the charge, since we have the breakfast for free do we need to pay full amount?
And further, how shall we book the drinking plan since we drink. Can we do half board with drinking plan?
Technically speaking, elite breakfast benefit is supposed to be for member + 1 guest. I’m not sure if this particular hotel will be willing to bend that, as some others have on occasion.

According to the brochures we got at the resort, it didn’t seem like there is a package just for drinks.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 9:34 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by martzipan
Technically speaking, elite breakfast benefit is supposed to be for member + 1 guest. I’m not sure if this particular hotel will be willing to bend that, as some others have on occasion.

According to the brochures we got at the resort, it didn’t seem like there is a package just for drinks.
This was our experience. Breakfast amenity was for 2. The $75 child fee covered accommodations and breakfast. When adding meal plan, we paid the lower rate for all of us since we all already had breakfast covered.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by martzipan

Thank you.

The hotel was charging me for 2 kids at the beginning but then i show them the kids benefits so then they say you can have 1kid for free but charge the second one, so im wondering if the breakfast is complimetary is there another price for extra kid.
oh by the way, do you have activities quotation? gonna see which fit the kids, or shall we book them in advanced.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by Sam P. Goodman
This was our experience. Breakfast amenity was for 2. The $75 child fee covered accommodations and breakfast. When adding meal plan, we paid the lower rate for all of us since we all already had breakfast covered.
Thank you.
What was your meal plan?
Old Sep 19, 2022, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by trvlnjack
We're not checking in for a couple more weeks so I haven't paid yet. I will have to do it next week though and will report back with how it codes. I'm planning to use a Marriott card based off the other replies.
Just curious if you've paid the seaplane through the link yet and if it ended up coding as Marriott or not. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.