Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 7, 2021, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jason8612
Hotel email:
[email protected]

Resort Shared Seaplane Transfer:
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees and to be paid upon check-out.
420 USD per adult (12 years and above)
210 USD per child (ages between 2 and 11.99 years)
Baggage
Complimentary for infants (below 2 years)
Standard baggage is 30 25kg including hand luggage. Excess weight will be charged at 5.60 USD per kg (per round trip).
Max dimensions are 158 cm and 32 kg. Infants do not have baggage allowance.
Hours
Operate between 06:00 to 16:00.
For check-in, last international flight must arrive at or before 15:30.
For check-out, first international flight must depart at or after 09:00.
Complete Details can be found here.

COVID Related Topics
Testing
Testing available at 120++ USD pp and reservations should be made no later than 72 hours prior to departure.
Quarantine/Isolation Policy
What happens if I test positive for COVID? Current policy can be found here.
Contact Tracing
Where can I find the list of properties under contract tracing? Here.
What happens if a resort is listed under contract tracing?
Guests must travel directly between MLE airport and the property post arrival and pre departure via international flight ONLY.
Inter-island transfers will be ceased and guests will not be able to arrive from, depart to, another island in the Maldives.

Water Sports & Diving Menu

Spa, Beauty, & Fitness Menu

F&B Menu

Latitude Menu
Riviera Menu
Tabemasu Menu
Turquoise Menu
Velaa Lunch Menu
Velaa Dinner Menu
Waves Menu
Wine Master List
Mini Bar Menu

Meal Plans
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees
Bed and Breakfast per night

30 USD per adult (12 years and above)
15 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Half Board per night
95 USD per adult (12 years and above)
47.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Complimentary for infants (below 3 years)
Full Board Plus per night
155 USD per adult (12 years and above)
77.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
All-Inclusive per night
230 USD per adult (12 years and above)
115 USD per child (ages 3 and 11.99 years)
Details can be found here.

F&B Bonvoy Discounts
General Members & Silver Elite 10%
Gold Elite 15%
Platinum, Titanium, & Ambassador Elite 20%
Full Details can be found here.

Resort Map
Can be found here.
Room total can be found here.
Beach Bungalow and Beach Villa are categorized by location. See the resort map for more information.

Paid/confirmed upgrades
Rates per night as of 08-May-2021
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV 50++ USD
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV w/ pool 250++ USD
Terms
Must be for entire duration of reservation
Requires non-refundable payment at time of confirming
Availability and rates subject to change
Can you apply SNAs at this property? No.

Late Checkout Policy (subject to availability)
General Members: None
Silver Elite: "Priority"
Gold Elite: 2pm
Platinum & Titanium Elite: 4pm
Ambassador Elite: 4pm or "Your24"

Welcome Gift
General Members & Silver Elite: None
Gold Elite: 500 points per stay
Platinum, Titanium, and Ambassador Elite: Welcome Gift: 1000 points per stay OR amenity per stay OR breakfast at Turquoise Restaurant per day for 2 persons (member + 1)

Drone Restrictions
"We strictly prohibit the operation of any type of UAV or drones for any purpose within and above the premises of the resort as our guests' privacy is of our utmost concern. This prohibition extends to devices launched from the resort or from outside the boundaries of the resort. If you wish to take photographs or videos, you may do so at the common areas of our resort."
Print Wikipost

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2022, 6:30 am

I received an email with a link to pay for the flight and the green tax. Can I just ignore it and pay at the end of our stay?
I saw a mention of the ray/turtle area, is that at the house reef or elsewhere?

Last edited by cutnana; Jun 13, 2022 at 7:13 am
Old Jun 13, 2022, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by mball
Have people had success in using gift cards to pay for the sea plane charges? My partner got the 20% off Marriott gift cards, so we're definitely going to take advantage of that! '
I know they said things are charged differently but does that mean two bills? If it's a likely but not guaranteed chance, I might as well put more on the gift card.
Are you reffering to the AMEX offers? Where did you buy the gift cards? Can they be bought online? Thanks
Old Jun 13, 2022, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by cutnana
Are you reffering to the AMEX offers? Where did you buy the gift cards? Can they be bought online? Thanks
It was a targeted Marriott offer. You would have gotten an email if you were included.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 7:20 am

In case anyone missed, I got twice a link to pay for the sea plane in advance.
Did you pay in advance? Is that a new thing? Can I just ignore?
First resort in the Maldives that asks me in advance to pay for transfers.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 7:35 am

I received an email with a link to pay for the flight and the green tax. Can I just ignore it and pay at the end of our stay?
I saw a mention of the ray/turtle area, is that at the house reef or elsewhere?
I'm not sure if you can wait to pay it or not. I would reach out to the hotel and ask. I paid though the link and then it showed as a credit on my bill.

I don't know if I would call it a ray/turtle "area" they are just in the water around the resort. I saw two turtles and a few rays (usually feather tailed ray or sting ray) from the OWV area as well as a small black tip reef shark that I saw twice near the Japanese restaurant. We also saw a guitar ray from our shower, but according to the dive center those are very rare.
I either snorkeled or dove the house reef every day. It was the "usual" to see at least one turtle and about two rays per snorkel/dive. I usually went out around the morning and or low tide. I only had one snorkel where I didn't see a turtle and a ray and "just saw" hundreds of fish. There are both green turtles and hawksbill turtles. They are often camouflaged tucked into/layed on the reef (see photo) and so sometimes people miss them and just swim past! I usually saw two eagle spotted rays each snorkel out at the reef, these were in the deep dark blue water, so if you are right over/on top of the reef you would probably miss them. I was usually at least 3 yards off the reef to see them on the opposite side. They were usually out a bit further and were cruising in the deep water. The feather tail rays were usually down in the sandy area, just below/off the reef.
Here are photos mostly from the OWV area and one from a dive. The dive shop is amazing at the resort. Top notch, but with a relaxed attitude. We dove with Hayden all week and would highly recommend her! She took her go pro with her on our dives and got us amazing photos and videos!

Old Jun 14, 2022, 11:25 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
In case anyone missed, I got twice a link to pay for the sea plane in advance.
Did you pay in advance? Is that a new thing? Can I just ignore?
First resort in the Maldives that asks me in advance to pay for transfers.
How many days before your check in date have you been required to pay in advance for the sea plane ?
Old Jun 14, 2022, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by Dav77
How many days before your check in date have you been required to pay in advance for the sea plane ?
About 7-10 days before.
Dav77 likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 3:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mball
For those staying in an overwater villa - was it that far to get to the house reef? And do you have to pay if you want to use the shuttle?
Originally Posted by frenchkiki
About 5 minutes, depending on where your villa is. If you go during low tide, you can pretty much walk there.
I stayed in the middle of the OWBs and it was more like 20min to swim to the dropoff (where I saw the best marine life). I swim pretty leisurely though.

From there I swim eastward to the other end (where the speedboat starts, I think) and back. 4 hours total.
cutnana likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 1:20 am

Programs: IML GOLD, Bonvoy LTPE, WOH Globalist, AAEXPLT
I saw someone mention about paying for seaplane - Do you pay the airline directly or pay the hotel? This will help me with my points planning
Old Jun 16, 2022, 11:30 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by buylowsellhigh
I saw someone mention about paying for seaplane - Do you pay the airline directly or pay the hotel? This will help me with my points planning
It was added to my room charge back in March (paid at checkout). However, you don't get stay points for it (it's a "pass-thru" charge). You do get any CC points for using the CC.
buylowsellhigh likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by italdesign
I stayed in the middle of the OWBs and it was more like 20min to swim to the dropoff (where I saw the best marine life). I swim pretty leisurely though.

From there I swim eastward to the other end (where the speedboat starts, I think) and back. 4 hours total.
Maybe it varies dramatically where you start from! We were in a sunrise overwater villa, near the end of the pier. It took us probably 10 min to walkout, don't need to swim unless it is high tide, can walk to most the day. The current takes you down the reef, so you don't really have to swim that part. It was taking us about 20/30 minutes to snorkel down the reef. It does feel like the longest part is walking back after the snorkel bc you are walking in the water against the current. I would say a full lap took us just under an hour. We went from the buoy off the villas down to the next buoy (I think these are labeled 4 and 5 in the dive shop).
Old Jun 23, 2022, 12:07 am

Bonvoy Escapes is showing availability for this hotel over the next 8 weeks, roughly $80 off per night.

https://hotel-deals.marriott.com/apac-escapes/
Old Jun 30, 2022, 10:16 am

Free night question

I am booking this hotel for the 4 nights get a 5th free for October. Not sure if we want to stay the 5th night though, time is an issue. If we change our plans not at the resort but say a month before would there be any problems with the flight back to the airport.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 3:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by rakeshs_ca
I am booking this hotel for the 4 nights get a 5th free for October. Not sure if we want to stay the 5th night though, time is an issue. If we change our plans not at the resort but say a month before would there be any problems with the flight back to the airport.
No, if you let them know that far in advance it won't be an issue. You can keep the 5th night free booked to guarantee yourself late check out, I've done that several times at various properties- I don't lose any points either way and there's no need to rely on the hotel granting me late check out because I'm really allowed to keep the room until the following morning.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 4:45 pm

Anyone been to another resort and this one that can compare it? I am having a hard time choosing a resort.

Can someone sell me to Le Meridien??

thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.