Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 7, 2021, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jason8612
Hotel email:
[email protected]

Resort Shared Seaplane Transfer:
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees and to be paid upon check-out.
420 USD per adult (12 years and above)
210 USD per child (ages between 2 and 11.99 years)
Baggage
Complimentary for infants (below 2 years)
Standard baggage is 30 25kg including hand luggage. Excess weight will be charged at 5.60 USD per kg (per round trip).
Max dimensions are 158 cm and 32 kg. Infants do not have baggage allowance.
Hours
Operate between 06:00 to 16:00.
For check-in, last international flight must arrive at or before 15:30.
For check-out, first international flight must depart at or after 09:00.
Complete Details can be found here.

COVID Related Topics
Testing
Testing available at 120++ USD pp and reservations should be made no later than 72 hours prior to departure.
Quarantine/Isolation Policy
What happens if I test positive for COVID? Current policy can be found here.
Contact Tracing
Where can I find the list of properties under contract tracing? Here.
What happens if a resort is listed under contract tracing?
Guests must travel directly between MLE airport and the property post arrival and pre departure via international flight ONLY.
Inter-island transfers will be ceased and guests will not be able to arrive from, depart to, another island in the Maldives.

Water Sports & Diving Menu

Spa, Beauty, & Fitness Menu

F&B Menu

Latitude Menu
Riviera Menu
Tabemasu Menu
Turquoise Menu
Velaa Lunch Menu
Velaa Dinner Menu
Waves Menu
Wine Master List
Mini Bar Menu

Meal Plans
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees
Bed and Breakfast per night

30 USD per adult (12 years and above)
15 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Half Board per night
95 USD per adult (12 years and above)
47.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Complimentary for infants (below 3 years)
Full Board Plus per night
155 USD per adult (12 years and above)
77.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
All-Inclusive per night
230 USD per adult (12 years and above)
115 USD per child (ages 3 and 11.99 years)
Details can be found here.

F&B Bonvoy Discounts
General Members & Silver Elite 10%
Gold Elite 15%
Platinum, Titanium, & Ambassador Elite 20%
Full Details can be found here.

Resort Map
Can be found here.
Room total can be found here.
Beach Bungalow and Beach Villa are categorized by location. See the resort map for more information.

Paid/confirmed upgrades
Rates per night as of 08-May-2021
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV 50++ USD
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV w/ pool 250++ USD
Terms
Must be for entire duration of reservation
Requires non-refundable payment at time of confirming
Availability and rates subject to change
Can you apply SNAs at this property? No.

Late Checkout Policy (subject to availability)
General Members: None
Silver Elite: "Priority"
Gold Elite: 2pm
Platinum & Titanium Elite: 4pm
Ambassador Elite: 4pm or "Your24"

Welcome Gift
General Members & Silver Elite: None
Gold Elite: 500 points per stay
Platinum, Titanium, and Ambassador Elite: Welcome Gift: 1000 points per stay OR amenity per stay OR breakfast at Turquoise Restaurant per day for 2 persons (member + 1)

Drone Restrictions
"We strictly prohibit the operation of any type of UAV or drones for any purpose within and above the premises of the resort as our guests' privacy is of our utmost concern. This prohibition extends to devices launched from the resort or from outside the boundaries of the resort. If you wish to take photographs or videos, you may do so at the common areas of our resort."
Print Wikipost

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2022, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MRT Lifetime Titanium Elite, UAL, DL, SPG
Originally Posted by mball
Can someone confirm the elite dining discount no longer applies? It's mentioned in the thread, but still in the Wiki.

I'm going for 5 nights in about two months - I saw that you had to do a meal plan for 4 nights? Does that mean if I decided on the 3rd night to upgrade they wouldn't allow me (or at least the could choose not to)?

We'd probably do Tabemasu one night, so I think it might make sense to wait 1 day if we wanted to upgrade to half board? We typically share app's and the like, so I'm still a little on the fence if its worth it.

Does anyone know if they have hot water kettles, or I could have one brought to the room? I might bring my own coffee to brew (mostly because I enjoy the ritual, though buying a few less cups probably doesn't hurt. )

I believe they had really nice new Illy coffee machines in the rooms. You can get extra coffee in the evening when they come to do turn down services.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MRT Lifetime Titanium Elite, UAL, DL, SPG
Originally Posted by buylowsellhigh
Thats a great use of certs, as they've updated the rooms to where it was difficult to use mine

Yep - I was only able to use 1 free night cert for next Sept but I did book for 120K Marriott points for 5 nights (book 4 get the 5th free). Used the free night then booked 1 more night for another 30K for a week stay there. My guess is once it's fully operational, they'll increase the awards. At that rate, it's like robbing a bank! :-)
Old Apr 18, 2022, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by jfks35
- I My guess is once it's fully operational, they'll increase the awards. At that rate, it's like robbing a bank! :-)
That ship has sailed. My two 140K pt 5 night reservations are now 200K and 216K pts respectively.
Coathanger, Jerrremy and Dav77 like this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
That ship has sailed. My two 140K pt 5 night reservations are now 200K and 216K pts respectively.
Insane how 3 years back 240k points can get one 5 nights at St Regis Maldives...
Dav77 likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 4:45 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Jerrremy
Insane how 3 years back 240k points can get one 5 nights at St Regis Maldives...
and unfortunately there are a lot of examples like this one. Points rates in Dubai got creazy also.
Jerrremy likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 12:27 pm

Has anyone managed to to cash upgrade from beach bungalow (points redemption) to sunrise overwater villa recently (e.g. last couple weeks)? I contacted the hotel requesting a cash upgrade and the hotel tells me that the sunrise overwater villas are fully booked. However, marriott.com is showing 3+ sunrise overwater villa available, and hotels.com allows me to book 5 sunrise overwater villa for my stay period. I wonder if the hotel is purposely holding back sunrise overwater villas for revenue as oppose to them eligible for upgrade.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by travelisawesome
Has anyone managed to to cash upgrade from beach bungalow (points redemption) to sunrise overwater villa recently (e.g. last couple weeks)? I contacted the hotel requesting a cash upgrade and the hotel tells me that the sunrise overwater villas are fully booked. However, marriott.com is showing 3+ sunrise overwater villa available, and hotels.com allows me to book 5 sunrise overwater villa for my stay period. I wonder if the hotel is purposely holding back sunrise overwater villas for revenue as oppose to them eligible for upgrade.
I’m told that this is a common issue with Marriott - the property oversells specific room types by making more inventory than they have available on Marriott.com in the expectation of some last minute cancels and upgrading Elites on arrival. It’s the same as airlines in that respect. As long as they’ve got enough rooms available overall. You may well have luck upgrading on arrival.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 9:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by jfks35
We were there in Sept and were so full from brunch that we ate later in the day.
We, and another household we met, were on another level. Breakfast kept us full well into the night (and that's after 4 hours snorkeling) and we skipped dinner some nights. Vella was good by private island standards but the fish was too hard. If I don't have a big appetite, I'd rather just have instant ramen (boiler is provided in room).
Old Apr 20, 2022, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by travelisawesome
Here right now, and the front desk agent who checked me in told me hotel occupancy is currently 70% and they hope to open the new wing by 1st June. To be honest, most people here are staying on points, therefore i feel after redemption has been devalued at this property, i dont think occupancy will continue to remain this high.
Dav77 likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by Jerrremy
Here right now, and the front desk agent who checked me in told me hotel occupancy is currently 70% and they hope to open the new wing by 1st June. To be honest, most people here are staying on points, therefore i feel after redemption has been devalued at this property, i dont think occupancy will continue to remain this high.
hi ! Can you please take some photos of beach bungalows area (located at north east in front of seaplane arrival pavilion) ?

I would like to understand how is the beach / sea and area in front of the beach bungalows and if it’s so different than the area where the beach villas are located

many thanks 🙏
Old Apr 22, 2022, 8:21 am

Is upgrading to a pool over water villa a good suggestion?

or should we stay with our original room?

also, we are paying cash. Is the hotel worth it or should we look somewhere else in the Maldives?
Thanks!
Old Apr 22, 2022, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by yolie
Is upgrading to a pool over water villa a good suggestion?
Thanks!
We stuck with our Sunrise Overwater Villa during our stay last month as we'd have to move to sunset side for a Villa with pool. A factor for us was that wife was not a strong swimmer so sunrise side had calmer water and closer swim out to corals for daily snorkeling. She used the other pools when not snorkeling so turned out well for us.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by pilot04
We stuck with our Sunrise Overwater Villa during our stay last month as we'd have to move to sunset side for a Villa with pool. A factor for us was that wife was not a strong swimmer so sunrise side had calmer water and closer swim out to corals for daily snorkeling. She used the other pools when not snorkeling so turned out well for us.
thanks for the feedback.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 11:14 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
We loved our sunrise villa too and didn't miss the private pool at all.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 4:01 am

I can’t find the post where I read about discount for the guests that choose half board if have dinner in a different restaurant than turquoise or velaa

if I’m at half board and have dinner at Tabemasu, how much they deduct from my bill ?

many thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.