Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 7, 2021, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jason8612
Hotel email:
[email protected]

Resort Shared Seaplane Transfer:
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees and to be paid upon check-out.
420 USD per adult (12 years and above)
210 USD per child (ages between 2 and 11.99 years)
Baggage
Complimentary for infants (below 2 years)
Standard baggage is 30 25kg including hand luggage. Excess weight will be charged at 5.60 USD per kg (per round trip).
Max dimensions are 158 cm and 32 kg. Infants do not have baggage allowance.
Hours
Operate between 06:00 to 16:00.
For check-in, last international flight must arrive at or before 15:30.
For check-out, first international flight must depart at or after 09:00.
Complete Details can be found here.

COVID Related Topics
Testing
Testing available at 120++ USD pp and reservations should be made no later than 72 hours prior to departure.
Quarantine/Isolation Policy
What happens if I test positive for COVID? Current policy can be found here.
Contact Tracing
Where can I find the list of properties under contract tracing? Here.
What happens if a resort is listed under contract tracing?
Guests must travel directly between MLE airport and the property post arrival and pre departure via international flight ONLY.
Inter-island transfers will be ceased and guests will not be able to arrive from, depart to, another island in the Maldives.

Water Sports & Diving Menu

Spa, Beauty, & Fitness Menu

F&B Menu

Latitude Menu
Riviera Menu
Tabemasu Menu
Turquoise Menu
Velaa Lunch Menu
Velaa Dinner Menu
Waves Menu
Wine Master List
Mini Bar Menu

Meal Plans
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees
Bed and Breakfast per night

30 USD per adult (12 years and above)
15 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Half Board per night
95 USD per adult (12 years and above)
47.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Complimentary for infants (below 3 years)
Full Board Plus per night
155 USD per adult (12 years and above)
77.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
All-Inclusive per night
230 USD per adult (12 years and above)
115 USD per child (ages 3 and 11.99 years)
Details can be found here.

F&B Bonvoy Discounts
General Members & Silver Elite 10%
Gold Elite 15%
Platinum, Titanium, & Ambassador Elite 20%
Full Details can be found here.

Resort Map
Can be found here.
Room total can be found here.
Beach Bungalow and Beach Villa are categorized by location. See the resort map for more information.

Paid/confirmed upgrades
Rates per night as of 08-May-2021
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV 50++ USD
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV w/ pool 250++ USD
Terms
Must be for entire duration of reservation
Requires non-refundable payment at time of confirming
Availability and rates subject to change
Can you apply SNAs at this property? No.

Late Checkout Policy (subject to availability)
General Members: None
Silver Elite: "Priority"
Gold Elite: 2pm
Platinum & Titanium Elite: 4pm
Ambassador Elite: 4pm or "Your24"

Welcome Gift
General Members & Silver Elite: None
Gold Elite: 500 points per stay
Platinum, Titanium, and Ambassador Elite: Welcome Gift: 1000 points per stay OR amenity per stay OR breakfast at Turquoise Restaurant per day for 2 persons (member + 1)

Drone Restrictions
"We strictly prohibit the operation of any type of UAV or drones for any purpose within and above the premises of the resort as our guests' privacy is of our utmost concern. This prohibition extends to devices launched from the resort or from outside the boundaries of the resort. If you wish to take photographs or videos, you may do so at the common areas of our resort."
Print Wikipost

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2022, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by cutnana
We may want to upgrade to a Sunrise Overwater Villa. If they have availability, is it also $50 a night?
I'm using points, but it was a $50 a day upgrade over the standard room to the sunrise villa. I assume that's correct for cash booking too.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by andrew148
Debating between this with a overwater villa or St Regis Maldives with a garden villa. I noted the half board or full board options are significantly cheaper than St Regis by at least 50% - should I be concerned about its quality? How is the house reef situation? Also, should I expect to pay for one activity a day for the water sports center? Seems pricey from their brochure. Thanks so much! Going in early January.
I mean, one is a Cat 8 resort, and one's a Cat 5 resort, so there's a reason why one is much more expensive - see also room rates.
friedablass likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 6:14 am

Has anyone stayed in the owv with pool? I think they all say sunset, but are they not on both sides of the jetty, technically one facing towards the resort (sunrise)?
Old Mar 24, 2022, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by tylerc
Has anyone stayed in the owv with pool? I think they all say sunset, but are they not on both sides of the jetty, technically one facing towards the resort (sunrise)?
If you look carefully at the overwater villa plan you’ll see that the villas are in three sections.

The pool villas are all on the sunset side of the last section. None on the sunrise side.

The pools are plunge pools rather than swimming pools and take up the same area as the net bit of our sunset OWV - maybe 6ft by 9ft.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by Cris
Has there been a post regarding what the 3-course set menu at Velaa Bar + Grill looks like? I've seen the regular menu, but could not located the pre-fix, if that's what it's called. I assume as the Turquoise meals is listed as a 3-course meal, the full menu is fair game?
The full board and all inclusive menus are a subset of the a la carte. Simply take away the 10-15% of very highest price items.

And/but at times of low occupancy (as now) Turquoise is buffet only.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 12:31 pm

Programs: British Airways Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium, Singapore Krisflyer Gold
Debating between this with a overwater villa or St Regis Maldives with a garden villa. I noted the half board or full board options are significantly cheaper than St Regis by at least 50% - should I be concerned about its quality? How is the house reef situation? Also, should I expect to pay for one activity a day for the water sports center? Seems pricey from their brochure. Thanks so much! Going in early January.
I don't think that food in the Maldives is ever going to represent great value for money, but I was pleasantly surprised by the food at various outlets at LM. Not phenomenal, but certainly solid across the board. The breakfast buffet at Turquoise is actually very strong. The house reef is quite good for a new resort and perhaps even swimmable from sunrise overwaters on the western pier. With regards to activities, it truly depends on what you want out of the trip and the speed in which you want to operate. We did a guided night snorkel of the house reef for $60 and a 3-hour sea turtle snorkel for $120 at a large reef nearby. Jet skis are not cheap, but that's true pretty much everywhere.

I'll double down on Smiley90's comment that you can't really compare a Cat8 to a Cat5 if you have Cat8 expectations. If you want the absolute best, book (and pay for) St. Regis or Ritz-Carlton. If you don't have Cat8 expectations, Le Meridien is a tremendous value in my opinion and really over-delivers for its price point. We just checked-out last week and are strongly considering returning to LM next year. Based on our excellent experience there, we're less inclined to pay for a Cat8 but YMMV.
friedablass likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 12:35 pm

Thanks so much wb2020 for your detailed reply - yes I agree with you - I think I am leaning more and more towards LM now. Feel like the category 8 is great for honeymooner and special celebrations, but LM would be perfect in terms of budget for normal family vacation....
Old Mar 24, 2022, 1:29 pm

Programs: British Airways Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium, Singapore Krisflyer Gold
Thanks so much wb2020 for your detailed reply - yes I agree with you - I think I am leaning more and more towards LM now. Feel like the category 8 is great for honeymooner and special celebrations, but LM would be perfect in terms of budget for normal family vacation....
Yeah, for a normal family vacation I think you'll be quite happy here. It's great for couples but probably a bit more family-friendly than some of the higher-end resorts.
andrew148 likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingStantoni
The full board and all inclusive menus are a subset of the a la carte. Simply take away the 10-15% of very highest price items.

And/but at times of low occupancy (as now) Turquoise is buffet only.
That's helpful, thank you. And how about drinks? Was a little confusing, but to be clear the full board and above includes alcohol throughout the day and not just meal times, correct?

Unlimited beverage consumption from the beverage list served in the above-mentioned restaurants and bars only during
the designated service hours (or during Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner) and to be consumed at the restaurants only:
• Selection of non-alcoholic beverages including soft drinks, mocktails, smoothies, milkshakes and chilled juices.
• Selection of premium hot and iced teas.
• Selection of alcoholic cocktails.
• Selection of international brand spirits and wines by the glass from a select menu.
• Selection of international draught and bottled beer from a select menu.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 3:25 am

Programs: All of 'em
What recognition does the hotel give for Titanium members?
And what's the stand alone breakfast cost?
Old Mar 25, 2022, 4:30 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100
Originally Posted by Nekamah7
What recognition does the hotel give for Titanium members?
And what's the stand alone breakfast cost?
Here is the run down of the benefits I got as Ambassador:
  • Member Rates
  • Mobile Check-In / Services (subject to availability)
  • Complimentary Enhanced Wi-Fi Service
  • Ultimate Reservation Guarantee (no walk policy)
  • Complimentary Room Upgrade (subject to availability)
  • Welcome Gift: 1000 points per stay OR amenity per stay OR breakfast at Turquoise Restaurant per day for 2 persons (member + 1)
  • 4 pm Late Checkout (subject to availability)
  • Receive 75% bonus points of the total accumulated points for the stay
  • Your 24 
So apart of the Your24, you should get everything else. In practice this means free breakfast and potential room upgrade.

Cost of breakfast if you don't have it included, or select as Welcome gift is USD 30 per adult.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 4:55 am

Programs: All of 'em
And if it's a gifted stay, then no recognition benefits?
Old Mar 25, 2022, 5:20 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100
Originally Posted by Nekamah7
And if it's a gifted stay, then no recognition benefits?
Rather not, maybe they could underpromise and overdeliver.
In my case we booked two rooms (my wife has Platinum status) and asked whether my wife status could apply to the second room (she will be in the same room as me as second room is for our friends) and they answered that no.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by Cris
That's helpful, thank you. And how about drinks? Was a little confusing, but to be clear the full board and above includes alcohol throughout the day and not just meal times, correct?
Drinks only during food service. In practice this means 6am-11am in Turquoise; noon-17:00 at Velaa and then 18:00-23:00 at Velaa. Both Turquoise and Velaa have some soft seating and staff will still serve you if you move.

What you can’t do is take your drink away or drink at Riviera on the full board. It’s not too big a hardship unless you really want to go for it.

You can eat in Tabemasu on full board and get a $50 credit.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by FlyingStantoni
Drinks only during food service. In practice this means 6am-11am in Turquoise; noon-17:00 at Velaa and then 18:00-23:00 at Velaa. Both Turquoise and Velaa have some soft seating and staff will still serve you if you move.

What you can’t do is take your drink away or drink at Riviera on the full board. It’s not too big a hardship unless you really want to go for it.

You can eat in Tabemasu on full board and get a $50 credit.
However, I can take it I can have lunch at 1pm, and come back at say 4:30 for a cocktail in the restaurant? It's just when the applicable restaurants/bars are open, correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.