Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 7, 2021, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jason8612
Hotel email:
[email protected]

Resort Shared Seaplane Transfer:
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees and to be paid upon check-out.
420 USD per adult (12 years and above)
210 USD per child (ages between 2 and 11.99 years)
Baggage
Complimentary for infants (below 2 years)
Standard baggage is 30 25kg including hand luggage. Excess weight will be charged at 5.60 USD per kg (per round trip).
Max dimensions are 158 cm and 32 kg. Infants do not have baggage allowance.
Hours
Operate between 06:00 to 16:00.
For check-in, last international flight must arrive at or before 15:30.
For check-out, first international flight must depart at or after 09:00.
Complete Details can be found here.

COVID Related Topics
Testing
Testing available at 120++ USD pp and reservations should be made no later than 72 hours prior to departure.
Quarantine/Isolation Policy
What happens if I test positive for COVID? Current policy can be found here.
Contact Tracing
Where can I find the list of properties under contract tracing? Here.
What happens if a resort is listed under contract tracing?
Guests must travel directly between MLE airport and the property post arrival and pre departure via international flight ONLY.
Inter-island transfers will be ceased and guests will not be able to arrive from, depart to, another island in the Maldives.

Water Sports & Diving Menu

Spa, Beauty, & Fitness Menu

F&B Menu

Latitude Menu
Riviera Menu
Tabemasu Menu
Turquoise Menu
Velaa Lunch Menu
Velaa Dinner Menu
Waves Menu
Wine Master List
Mini Bar Menu

Meal Plans
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees
Bed and Breakfast per night

30 USD per adult (12 years and above)
15 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Half Board per night
95 USD per adult (12 years and above)
47.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Complimentary for infants (below 3 years)
Full Board Plus per night
155 USD per adult (12 years and above)
77.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
All-Inclusive per night
230 USD per adult (12 years and above)
115 USD per child (ages 3 and 11.99 years)
Details can be found here.

F&B Bonvoy Discounts
General Members & Silver Elite 10%
Gold Elite 15%
Platinum, Titanium, & Ambassador Elite 20%
Full Details can be found here.

Resort Map
Can be found here.
Room total can be found here.
Beach Bungalow and Beach Villa are categorized by location. See the resort map for more information.

Paid/confirmed upgrades
Rates per night as of 08-May-2021
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV 50++ USD
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV w/ pool 250++ USD
Terms
Must be for entire duration of reservation
Requires non-refundable payment at time of confirming
Availability and rates subject to change
Can you apply SNAs at this property? No.

Late Checkout Policy (subject to availability)
General Members: None
Silver Elite: "Priority"
Gold Elite: 2pm
Platinum & Titanium Elite: 4pm
Ambassador Elite: 4pm or "Your24"

Welcome Gift
General Members & Silver Elite: None
Gold Elite: 500 points per stay
Platinum, Titanium, and Ambassador Elite: Welcome Gift: 1000 points per stay OR amenity per stay OR breakfast at Turquoise Restaurant per day for 2 persons (member + 1)

Drone Restrictions
"We strictly prohibit the operation of any type of UAV or drones for any purpose within and above the premises of the resort as our guests' privacy is of our utmost concern. This prohibition extends to devices launched from the resort or from outside the boundaries of the resort. If you wish to take photographs or videos, you may do so at the common areas of our resort."
Print Wikipost

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2022, 4:43 am

Bit of a silly question, but I've just been looking at the Traveller Health Declaration form at https://imuga.immigration.gov.mv/ethd/create and I can't find Thilamaafushi on the list of islands. Could I ask what others have used?

^^^^ Homer Simpson moment...

They are listed as "Le Meridien Maldives Resort & Spa" under the "Select Island" dropdown.

Sometimes you can't see for looking... *DUH*

Last edited by FlyingStantoni; Mar 11, 2022 at 5:47 am Reason: Answering my own question...
Old Mar 14, 2022, 3:58 pm

The Maldives appears to have further relaxed entry requirements. This from https://imuga.immigration.gov.mv/ethd

COVID-19 Travel AdvisoryRecent updates;

Public Health Emergency regarding the Covid-19 Pandemic has been revoked on 13th March 2022.

Important Notes;
  • All arriving and departing passengers via airports and seaports are required to complete the Traveler Health Declaration form within 48 hours to the flight time.
  • PCR result is not mandatory from any passenger during arrival and departure. This applies to unvaccinated travelers as well.
  • Travel-related quarantine is not required by any traveler. However, except the arriving tourists and Maldivians (residing in the Maldives) to the Maldives, other travelers are advised to do a PCR test between the 3rd and 5th day of arrival.
See also https://covid19.health.gov.mv/guidan...-maldives/?c=0
CkScotland likes this.

Last edited by FlyingStantoni; Mar 15, 2022 at 7:44 am Reason: Added link to covid19.health.gov.mv
Old Mar 15, 2022, 3:40 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100
Originally Posted by jason8612
If anyone else is here and wants to meet up, I'll be here till the 10th. And if anyone has any specific questions, I can try to ask the staff.
How was your stay Jason? Did you have a chance to try any of the "food-related" activities / master classes? Any tips for people coming here?

In a month time we will be there. Glad to see that the entry requirements were relaxed for kids as well, so we don't have to hassle ourselves with testing them.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 9:37 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by Kayano
How was your stay Jason? Did you have a chance to try any of the "food-related" activities / master classes? Any tips for people coming here?

In a month time we will be there. Glad to see that the entry requirements were relaxed for kids as well, so we don't have to hassle ourselves with testing them.
The stay was excellent - really enjoyed it.
I didn't have a chance to try any of the food-related classes.
Kayano likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 10:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
You can buy this policy at www.insubuy.com (Insurance Agent) I have purchased it twice so far and have recently submitted a claim for delayed baggage. Claim has not been adjudicated yet. Submitted 20+ days ago and their responsiveness is rather terrible so this experience will guide my future purchases.
To provide an update on my claim for delayed baggage with this policy & agent - I did get paid out in full about 10 weeks after I submitted the claim. So very slow but they do pay as long as you submit all the paperwork. I just repurchased this policy (primarily for the quarantine coverage) for my trip to Europe in a couple of days.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 2:50 am

Programs: British Airways Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium, Singapore Krisflyer Gold
We're here at the resort, down to our final 24 hours on property. I'll post with more details in a few days, but we've had an absolute blast so far. One nice surprise - The food has been better than expected.
Kayano likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 3:10 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by wb2020
We're here at the resort, down to our final 24 hours on property. I'll post with more details in a few days, but we've had an absolute blast so far. One nice surprise - The food has been better than expected.
Here too. Have a week left and then will provide a full report and some comparisons to our stay at the Westin last year.
Kayano, reggiekush and wb2020 like this.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by Sam P. Goodman
Here too. Have a week left and then will provide a full report and some comparisons to our stay at the Westin last year.
Originally Posted by wb2020
If you had a chance to try the Tabemasu restaurant I would be keen to read your opinion. In particular I am interested in the private dining option - Teppanyaki. Since this restaurant is not part of the meal plans, we are planning to enjoy it at the beginning of our stay before we switch to the HB plan.

Also any recommendations for the activities while there would be appreciated.

Enjoy your stays!
Old Mar 17, 2022, 7:09 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Hello from a new member! I was researching resorts in the Maldives when I chanced upon this forum. What a wealth of information there is to be had and shared here!

After some deliberation, my family and I have decided to book a few nights in Le Meridien (we have been to the W and thought might be best to try somewhere new). I have a couple of questions and I hope you'd be able to help:
1. We have booked 2 sunrise overwater villas for our family. We have both Ambassador and Platinum memberships and assuming that there is a chance of being upgraded, what type of room upgrade would we expect?
2. Are the overwater villas on the eastern side of the island open now, and if they are and if we are allocated rooms there, should we take them?
2. Should we start making reservations for Velaa now?

My apologies for these questions. we are only there for 3 nights and I feel the need to get things right from the start. Thank you so much for any thoughts/advice/help.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 11:44 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cakerawala
Hello from a new member! I was researching resorts in the Maldives when I chanced upon this forum. What a wealth of information there is to be had and shared here!

After some deliberation, my family and I have decided to book a few nights in Le Meridien (we have been to the W and thought might be best to try somewhere new). I have a couple of questions and I hope you'd be able to help:
1. We have booked 2 sunrise overwater villas for our family. We have both Ambassador and Platinum memberships and assuming that there is a chance of being upgraded, what type of room upgrade would we expect?
2. Are the overwater villas on the eastern side of the island open now, and if they are and if we are allocated rooms there, should we take them?
2. Should we start making reservations for Velaa now?

My apologies for these questions. we are only there for 3 nights and I feel the need to get things right from the start. Thank you so much for any thoughts/advice/help.
An Ambassador friend was offered an upgrade to a (beach? lagoon? I forget exactly the category) villa, which he declined; it was a larger room, technically, but we both agreed that we'd rather be in the overwater villas. (On the same note, I echo others' perspective that a sunrise villa is preferable to a sunset villa, despite the lower room rate, as the access to protected waters is preferable.)

I can't remark on the other side of the island, but I suspect the situation would be reversed there (e.g. sunrise villas would be more protected). We really enjoyed the proximity to Tabemasu and Rivera, and would probably prefer to be on the original pier if offered a choice when returning.

Long story short - yes, you might get offered an upgrade, but I'd probably decline it and ask to be in a normal sunrise overwater villa.

Re: Velaa, reservations were necessary but were obtainable as long as you planned at least a day or two in advance, and I suspect that will be the case up until the second pier opens. Once the second pier opens, demand will likely increase and speculative reservations in advance of your stay might be wise.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 2:11 am

Has anyone used family or friends free night certificate at the resort?
Old Mar 18, 2022, 9:37 am

Does anyone know if it costs extra for a 6 year old kid if we book with points? If so how much per night? Thanks
Old Mar 18, 2022, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by kalu0922
Does anyone know if it costs extra for a 6 year old kid if we book with points? If so how much per night? Thanks
When I contacted the hotel, I was quoted USD 75 per night for kids above 3 years old. That is supposed to include breakfast.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 4:21 am

Arrived at LM yesterday. So far it's been smooth at our sunrise overwater villa and looking forward to the remainder of our stay.

1. Checking in at Emirates counter in JFK. We were asked for Covid vaccination certificate so we showed our WA state QR codes as we didn't bring our paper CDC vaccine card with us. Asked for Imuga QR but barely glanced at them. They spent more time looking at the hotel reservation. Even though Maldives doesn't require anything besides Imuga form per recent updates, we didn't complain when they asked to see proof of vaccination.
2. Arrival into MLE airport was a breeze for our afternoon Emirates flight. We didn't even have to wait at all at Immigration line and was through in a couple of minutes on our way to luggage claim. They didn't even ask to see our Imuga QR and just stamped our US passports. Had planned on using fast track lane with our business class tickets if regular line was long so surprised there was no queue.
3. Had to wait an extra hour in TMA lounge for additional passengers for our seaplane ride to island.
4. Was informed that the other side overwater villas will start up on July 1st just in time for summer tourists.
5. Water current near our overwater villa is stronger than we'd expected since it's been fairly windy today.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 5:01 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by pilot04
Arrived at LM yesterday. So far it's been smooth at our sunrise overwater villa and looking forward to the remainder of our stay.

1. Checking in at Emirates counter in JFK. We were asked for Covid vaccination certificate so we showed our WA state QR codes as we didn't bring our paper CDC vaccine card with us. Asked for Imuga QR but barely glanced at them. They spent more time looking at the hotel reservation. Even though Maldives doesn't require anything besides Imuga form per recent updates, we didn't complain when they asked to see proof of vaccination.
2. Arrival into MLE airport was a breeze for our afternoon Emirates flight. We didn't even have to wait at all at Immigration line and was through in a couple of minutes on our way to luggage claim. They didn't even ask to see our Imuga QR and just stamped our US passports. Had planned on using fast track lane with our business class tickets if regular line was long so surprised there was no queue.
3. Had to wait an extra hour in TMA lounge for additional passengers for our seaplane ride to island.
4. Was informed that the other side overwater villas will start up on July 1st just in time for summer tourists.
5. Water current near our overwater villa is stronger than we'd expected since it's been fairly windy today.
We had an early morning Emirates arrival on Monday and the arrival hall was packed, so much so that they held us on the plane. We then picked the wrong line and it took over an hour to get through immigration. On the plus side, TMA check-in was smooth, and we basically went straight to our sea plane gate and were on the plane 15-20 minutes after checking in.

We are sunrise too and I'm very happy about that. Nice sea access, endless aqua views, and the sun gets out of the way early in the day, making the deck bearable and better lighting for pics too. Today is windier than it has been, but sea can still get choppy at times.

So far very happy, save for a lot of confusion about meal plan rules for our daughter, but hopefully we are past that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.