Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 7, 2021, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jason8612
Hotel email:
[email protected]

Resort Shared Seaplane Transfer:
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees and to be paid upon check-out.
420 USD per adult (12 years and above)
210 USD per child (ages between 2 and 11.99 years)
Baggage
Complimentary for infants (below 2 years)
Standard baggage is 30 25kg including hand luggage. Excess weight will be charged at 5.60 USD per kg (per round trip).
Max dimensions are 158 cm and 32 kg. Infants do not have baggage allowance.
Hours
Operate between 06:00 to 16:00.
For check-in, last international flight must arrive at or before 15:30.
For check-out, first international flight must depart at or after 09:00.
Complete Details can be found here.

COVID Related Topics
Testing
Testing available at 120++ USD pp and reservations should be made no later than 72 hours prior to departure.
Quarantine/Isolation Policy
What happens if I test positive for COVID? Current policy can be found here.
Contact Tracing
Where can I find the list of properties under contract tracing? Here.
What happens if a resort is listed under contract tracing?
Guests must travel directly between MLE airport and the property post arrival and pre departure via international flight ONLY.
Inter-island transfers will be ceased and guests will not be able to arrive from, depart to, another island in the Maldives.

Water Sports & Diving Menu

Spa, Beauty, & Fitness Menu

F&B Menu

Latitude Menu
Riviera Menu
Tabemasu Menu
Turquoise Menu
Velaa Lunch Menu
Velaa Dinner Menu
Waves Menu
Wine Master List
Mini Bar Menu

Meal Plans
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees
Bed and Breakfast per night

30 USD per adult (12 years and above)
15 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Half Board per night
95 USD per adult (12 years and above)
47.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Complimentary for infants (below 3 years)
Full Board Plus per night
155 USD per adult (12 years and above)
77.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
All-Inclusive per night
230 USD per adult (12 years and above)
115 USD per child (ages 3 and 11.99 years)
Details can be found here.

F&B Bonvoy Discounts
General Members & Silver Elite 10%
Gold Elite 15%
Platinum, Titanium, & Ambassador Elite 20%
Full Details can be found here.

Resort Map
Can be found here.
Room total can be found here.
Beach Bungalow and Beach Villa are categorized by location. See the resort map for more information.

Paid/confirmed upgrades
Rates per night as of 08-May-2021
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV 50++ USD
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV w/ pool 250++ USD
Terms
Must be for entire duration of reservation
Requires non-refundable payment at time of confirming
Availability and rates subject to change
Can you apply SNAs at this property? No.

Late Checkout Policy (subject to availability)
General Members: None
Silver Elite: "Priority"
Gold Elite: 2pm
Platinum & Titanium Elite: 4pm
Ambassador Elite: 4pm or "Your24"

Welcome Gift
General Members & Silver Elite: None
Gold Elite: 500 points per stay
Platinum, Titanium, and Ambassador Elite: Welcome Gift: 1000 points per stay OR amenity per stay OR breakfast at Turquoise Restaurant per day for 2 persons (member + 1)

Drone Restrictions
"We strictly prohibit the operation of any type of UAV or drones for any purpose within and above the premises of the resort as our guests' privacy is of our utmost concern. This prohibition extends to devices launched from the resort or from outside the boundaries of the resort. If you wish to take photographs or videos, you may do so at the common areas of our resort."
Print Wikipost

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2021, 9:01 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by phasher99
WasKnown That's what they quoted you for per night for 2 people, I assume? Did they say that All-Inclusive upgrade wasn't an option or did you not inquire?
I assumed the upgrade prices are per-person. However, I am not sure. I did not ask about any all-inclusive upgrade.
Old May 7, 2021, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by WasKnown
The email I contacted was: [email protected]. They followed up with a direct response from someone on the team. Good luck!
Originally Posted by phasher99

nasaflyer01 The email they gave me when I reached out on social media was: [email protected]
Thank you both. I posted the emails in the wiki for easy access in the future.
Old May 7, 2021, 11:53 am

Do we think that Plats will get the continental breakfast as an elite benefit?
Old May 7, 2021, 12:50 pm

Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Reaching
Do we think that Plats will get the continental breakfast as an elite benefit?
You can pick it as a welcome gift.
  • Welcome Gift: 1000 points per stay OR amenity per stay OR breakfast at Turquoise Restaurant per day for 2 persons (member + 1)
Old May 7, 2021, 1:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
  • Welcome Gift: 1000 points per stay OR amenity per stay OR breakfast at Turquoise Restaurant per day for 2 persons (member + 1)
What type of amenity?
Old May 7, 2021, 1:33 pm

did you reach out to ask this?
Old May 7, 2021, 4:06 pm

Programs: OWE, *Gold, STE+, Globalist, Titanium, Spire, Diamond
Reached out to the property for paid upgrades and got this:
Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV is 50.00++ USD per night
Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV w/ pool is 250++ USD per night

Sunset OWV upgrade seems quite reasonable. I'm assuming the resort calculates upgrades based on the difference in flexible rates.

Beach Bungalow 450.00++ USD
Sunrise OWV 500.00++ USD
Sunset OWV 550.00++ USD
Beach Villa 550.00++ USD
Lagoon Villa 600.00++ USD
Beach Villa w/ Garden Pool 650.00++ USD
Beach Villa w/ Pool 700.00++ USD
Sunset OWV w/ Pool 750.00++ USD
2Br Beach Villa w/ Pool 1,170.00++ USD
2Br OWV w/ Pool 1,470++ USD
3Br Thilamaafushi Villa 2780++ USD

Also PCR testing is 120.00++ pp.

Last edited by ALGU; Aug 16, 2021 at 10:09 am Reason: Added rates for 2Br OWV and Thilamaafushi Villa
Old May 7, 2021, 4:08 pm

Programs: OWE, *Gold, STE+, Globalist, Titanium, Spire, Diamond
Looks like OVW villas got booked up quickly. The team seems very professional. For people interested in upgrading redemptions to half/full board:
Do you know if they offer discounted rates for Plats and above if they use their welcome amenity for the breakfast?
Old May 7, 2021, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07
did you reach out to ask this?
Yes

Originally Posted by ALGU
Do you know if they offer discounted rates for Plats and above if they use their welcome amenity for the breakfast?
I did not ask but the flexible rate includes free breakfast too
Soccerjoshj07 likes this.
Old May 7, 2021, 7:41 pm

FYI.......here is the Plat Benefits they provided.Platinum Elite Members (50 nights per year)
  • Member Rates
  • Mobile Check-In / Services (subject to availability)
  • Complimentary Enhanced Wi-Fi Service
  • Ultimate Reservation Guarantee (no walk policy)
  • Complimentary Room Upgrade (subject to availability)
  • 4 pm Late Checkout (subject to availability)
  • Receive 50% bonus points of the total accumulated points for the stay

I also just tested some rates. For example for 2 people in October the rate for a Beach Bungalow is $438.00 / night........if you go with the All-Inclusive Plan it is $650.00 / night. A difference of $212.00 Total.. The problem here is the price doesn't change when I adjust the occupancy from 1 person or 2. Price stays the same so something to be aware of.
If I read properly on the previous posts when booking with points.....moving to only Full Board (not all-inclusive) is $190.00 / per person.
Old May 8, 2021, 1:43 am

does this hotel give platinums a continental or full breakfast?
Old May 8, 2021, 6:29 am

I received some fairly detailed information as below. I can say the response etc., has been spot on. Very quick and detailed. I will have to give this some thought but I think the Maldives is just out of my price range for the annual winter vacation. Things start to add up very quickly in large amounts! I was looking at business flights and/or using Aeroplan miles but yikes, I have a tough time swallowing this amount for 10 days. If I put it at CAD dollars, the seaplane transfer adds a $1000.00 ($420.00 per person) and adding the All-Inclusive adds probably another $6000.00.($230.00 per person). I see some of you visit here on a regular basis.........I wish. Need to sleep on this but I think it is a little too rich for my blood! -

Is there a Food & Beverage discount at the hotel dining establishments for Platinum members?

We currently do not offer a Food & Beverage discount for our Elite Members at any of our Restaurants at the time.

All Inclusive price for guests booking on points:

All-Inclusive:
  • Continental buffet breakfast is served at Turquoise.
  • All Inclusive meal plan is applicable for buffet lunch and dinner at Turquoise or for a 3-course menu consisting of 1 appetizer, 1 main course and 1 dessert from a la carte menu at Turquoise for lunch and dinner on days where the restaurant is offering a la carte option at no additional cost.
  • All-inclusive meal plan can be utilized as a USD 60.00 lunch credit at Velaa Bar + Grill and USD 100.00 dinner credit at Velaa Bar + Grill. Surcharges apply on selected items

Additional All-Inclusive Entitlements:
  • Complimentary Le Scoop handmade ice cream for all guests for duration of stay.
  • Unlimited beverage consumption from the all-inclusive beverage list served in the above mentioned restaurants and bars only during the designated service hours and to be consumed at the restaurants and bars only:
  • Selection of non-alcoholic beverages including soft drinks, mocktails, smoothies, milkshakes and chilled juices.
  • Selection of premium hot and iced teas.
  • Selection of alcoholic cocktails.
  • Selection of house international brand spirits and wines by the glass.
  • Selection of house international draught and bottled beer
  • Minibar: non-alcoholic drinks included and replenished once per day.

Additional Information’s
  • The package is available for the entire duration of the stay and starts:
    • On the day of arrival at the Resort, Standard Check-In time at 14:00 local time
    • Ends on departure day at Resort, Standard Check-Out time at 12:00 local time
  • Credit is not cumulative and non-transferrable to other guests.
  • Please be advised that any charge that is not part of the All Inclusive package, should be paid direct to the Resort prior to departure.
  • All food and beverage items are for personal consumption only and must be ordered one at a time.
  • Alcoholic beverages are not available to guests under the age of 18 years.
  • Specialty Outlets, Destination Dining and Special Events are not included, as an example but not limited to Tabemasu, Fisherman’s Barbeque and In-Villa dining.
  • The below rates are inclusive of 10% service charge and 12% goods and services tax.

Terms & Conditions (applicable to all meal plan options)
  • A la Carte option is limited to 2 courses for lunch and 3 courses for dinner and to one meal per person per meal period.
  • In Villa Dining, minibar, destination dining and special events are not included in any meal plan.
  • Additional supplement charges apply on selected menu items.
  • Venue change during same meal periods is not permitted. Meals included with each meal plan are to be enjoyed in one venue. If a guest chooses to have a second meal at another venue, this second meal will incur additional charges.
  • All venues mentioned are indicative of the available options. The resort reserves the right to change venues without notice.
innerspace, ALGU and WasKnown like this.
Old May 8, 2021, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by Bravada04
I received some fairly detailed information as below. I can say the response etc., has been spot on. Very quick and detailed. I will have to give this some thought but I think the Maldives is just out of my price range for the annual winter vacation. Things start to add up very quickly in large amounts! I was looking at business flights and/or using Aeroplan miles but yikes, I have a tough time swallowing this amount for 10 days. If I put it at CAD dollars, the seaplane transfer adds a $1000.00 ($420.00 per person) and adding the All-Inclusive adds probably another $6000.00.($230.00 per person). I see some of you visit here on a regular basis.........I wish. Need to sleep on this but I think it is a little too rich for my blood! -
If you're going with the all inclusive option, I feel that you might as well save the certs/points and book the cash rate considering it's only $200~ extra for 2 people. The all inclusive rate significantly changes the math!
Old May 8, 2021, 10:43 am

Programs: AC, AS, BA Silver/OW Sapphire, DL, SQ/*A Silver, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Looks like OVW villas got booked up quickly. The team seems very professional. For people interested in upgrading redemptions to half/full board:

Half Board:
  • Half board meal plan is applicable for buffet dinners at Turquoise or for a 3 course menu consisting of 1 appetizer, 1 main course and 1 dessert on evenings where the restaurant is offering a la carte option at no additional cost.
  • The Half board meal plan can be utilized as a USD 100.00 dinner credit per person per night at Velaa Bar + Grill. Surcharges applies on selected items.

Additional Information’s
  • On the day of arrival at the Resort, Standard Check-In time at 14:00 local time
  • Specialty Outlets, Destination Dining and Special Events are not included, as an example but not limited to Tabemasu, Fisherman’s Barbeque and In-Villa Dining.
  • Beverages are not included and will be charged on consumption. Still and sparkling island water will be available with our compliments.
  • Please be advised that any charge that is not part of the Half Board package, should be paid direct to the Resort prior to departure.
  • The below rates are inclusive of 10% service charge and 12% goods and services tax.

Meal Plan

Upgrade Supplement

Half Board

Below 3 years Complimentary

3 – 11.99 years USD 65.00

12 years & above USD 130.00

Full Board:
  • Full board meal plan is applicable for buffet lunch and dinner at Turquoise or for a 3 course menu consisting of 1 appetizer, 1 main course and 1 dessert from the a la carte menu at Turquoise for lunch and dinner on days where the restaurant is offering a la carte option at no additional cost.
  • Full board meal plan can be utilized as a USD 60.00 lunch credit per person per day at Velaa Bar + Grill and USD 100.00 dinner credit per person per day at Velaa Bar + Grill. Surcharges applies on selected items.

Additional Full Board Entitlements:
  • A selection of non-alcoholic beverages, still and sparkling water, and selection of premium hot & cold coffee and tea are available during meal hours only.

Additional Information’s
  • Specialty Outlets, Destination Dining and Special Events are not included, as an example but not limited to Tabemasu, Fisherman’s Barbeque and In-Villa Dining.
  • Alcoholic beverages are not included and will be charged on consumption.
  • Please be advised that any charge that is not part of the Full Board package, should be paid direct to the Resort prior to departure.

Meal Plan

Upgrade Supplement

Full Board

Below 3 years Complimentary

3 – 11.99 years USD 95.00

12 years & above USD 190.00

Terms & Conditions (applicable to all meal plan options)
  • A la Carte option is limited to 2 courses for lunch and 3 courses for dinner and to one meal per person per meal period.
  • In Villa Dining, minibar, destination dining and special events are not included in any meal plan.
  • Additional supplement charges apply on selected menu items.
  • Venue change during same meal periods is not permitted. Meals included with each meal plan are to be enjoyed in one venue. If a guest chooses to have a second meal at another venue, this second meal will incur additional charges.
  • All venues mentioned are indicative of the available options. The resort reserves the right to change venues without notice. One child under the age of 12 eats for free from the kid’s menu when dining with their parents.
Just to clarify, this is the daily redemption top up per person or per room?
Old May 8, 2021, 11:12 am

Sounds like it's per person .. but that is brutal as the cash price difference was only about that $200 per night. If so, post tax it would be... around $570 a night? If you were to stay 5 nights, and include the sea plane transfer that's already about $3.7k. A lot to consider if you're doing AI as you can stay at other AI resorts for around that price including the price of the room. It also doesn't even include alcohol in the mini-bar, and no way to dine at the Japanese restaurant outside of wasting a dinner + paying on top for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.