Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 7, 2021, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jason8612
Hotel email:
[email protected]

Resort Shared Seaplane Transfer:
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees and to be paid upon check-out.
420 USD per adult (12 years and above)
210 USD per child (ages between 2 and 11.99 years)
Baggage
Complimentary for infants (below 2 years)
Standard baggage is 30 25kg including hand luggage. Excess weight will be charged at 5.60 USD per kg (per round trip).
Max dimensions are 158 cm and 32 kg. Infants do not have baggage allowance.
Hours
Operate between 06:00 to 16:00.
For check-in, last international flight must arrive at or before 15:30.
For check-out, first international flight must depart at or after 09:00.
Complete Details can be found here.

COVID Related Topics
Testing
Testing available at 120++ USD pp and reservations should be made no later than 72 hours prior to departure.
Quarantine/Isolation Policy
What happens if I test positive for COVID? Current policy can be found here.
Contact Tracing
Where can I find the list of properties under contract tracing? Here.
What happens if a resort is listed under contract tracing?
Guests must travel directly between MLE airport and the property post arrival and pre departure via international flight ONLY.
Inter-island transfers will be ceased and guests will not be able to arrive from, depart to, another island in the Maldives.

Water Sports & Diving Menu

Spa, Beauty, & Fitness Menu

F&B Menu

Latitude Menu
Riviera Menu
Tabemasu Menu
Turquoise Menu
Velaa Lunch Menu
Velaa Dinner Menu
Waves Menu
Wine Master List
Mini Bar Menu

Meal Plans
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees
Bed and Breakfast per night

30 USD per adult (12 years and above)
15 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Half Board per night
95 USD per adult (12 years and above)
47.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Complimentary for infants (below 3 years)
Full Board Plus per night
155 USD per adult (12 years and above)
77.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
All-Inclusive per night
230 USD per adult (12 years and above)
115 USD per child (ages 3 and 11.99 years)
Details can be found here.

F&B Bonvoy Discounts
General Members & Silver Elite 10%
Gold Elite 15%
Platinum, Titanium, & Ambassador Elite 20%
Full Details can be found here.

Resort Map
Can be found here.
Room total can be found here.
Beach Bungalow and Beach Villa are categorized by location. See the resort map for more information.

Paid/confirmed upgrades
Rates per night as of 08-May-2021
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV 50++ USD
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV w/ pool 250++ USD
Terms
Must be for entire duration of reservation
Requires non-refundable payment at time of confirming
Availability and rates subject to change
Can you apply SNAs at this property? No.

Late Checkout Policy (subject to availability)
General Members: None
Silver Elite: "Priority"
Gold Elite: 2pm
Platinum & Titanium Elite: 4pm
Ambassador Elite: 4pm or "Your24"

Welcome Gift
General Members & Silver Elite: None
Gold Elite: 500 points per stay
Platinum, Titanium, and Ambassador Elite: Welcome Gift: 1000 points per stay OR amenity per stay OR breakfast at Turquoise Restaurant per day for 2 persons (member + 1)

Drone Restrictions
"We strictly prohibit the operation of any type of UAV or drones for any purpose within and above the premises of the resort as our guests' privacy is of our utmost concern. This prohibition extends to devices launched from the resort or from outside the boundaries of the resort. If you wish to take photographs or videos, you may do so at the common areas of our resort."
Print Wikipost

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2021, 10:24 pm

Programs: Marriott
PCR at resort

Hi, does anyone know how quickly the resort turn around the PCR results after testing? Hoping to use the same PCR test result after a stopover in DXB for an onward journey after leaving LM.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by ajp1
Hi, does anyone know how quickly the resort turn around the PCR results after testing? Hoping to use the same PCR test result after a stopover in DXB for an onward journey after leaving LM.
They will schedule you 2 days beforehand. I don't think you'll have a choice to do it any later. It showed up next day at around 7-8pm for us and 2 other groups that we were with. We all left different dates but timing was all very similar.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 5:15 am

Programs: SQ Gold, UA Silver, DL Plat, AS MVP, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ajp1
Agree they said they could do it the morning the day before you leave if necessary but it is flown by seaplane to the lab there from what the folks at check-in told me.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 12:51 pm

Programs: OW
Any one had any recent experience of on-arrival testing either at MLE or specifically the hotel? If at MLE, do they let you go ahead to the hotel or do you need to wait around for results? TIA
Old Dec 16, 2021, 1:44 pm

Has anybody had any luck with using self-performed lateral flow (rapid antigen) tests with certificates at the airport flying to the UK? A couple of people are reporting that they are being refused, and they are getting people to pay 165 USD for a new lateral flow test carried out by the airport staff?
Old Dec 16, 2021, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by sbryans605
Has anybody had any luck with using self-performed lateral flow (rapid antigen) tests with certificates at the airport flying to the UK? A couple of people are reporting that they are being refused, and they are getting people to pay 165 USD for a new lateral flow test carried out by the airport staff?
Out of interest, where are you seeing these reports of self-LF tests being rejected - even the ones on the BA website if flying direct to UK?
Old Dec 16, 2021, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by eh220160
Out of interest, where are you seeing these reports of self-LF tests being rejected - even the ones on the BA website if flying direct to UK?
Yeah, I've seen reports from British Airways/Qatar on Facebook/Twitter by searching Maldives PCR or Maldives lateral flow
eh220160 likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 2:20 am

Programs: SQ Gold, UA Silver, DL Plat, AS MVP, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sbryans605
Yeah, I've seen reports from British Airways/Qatar on Facebook/Twitter by searching Maldives PCR or Maldives lateral flow
Yikes, I fly back on Sunday and am planning to use the self test LFT same way I have for all my previous international trips back to the UK. I think I'll probably roll the dice, but need to talk the more cautious half first. Worst case I can book a few nights at the Sheraton and do a PCR there.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by crjtraveler
Yikes, I fly back on Sunday and am planning to use the self test LFT same way I have for all my previous international trips back to the UK. I think I'll probably roll the dice, but need to talk the more cautious half first. Worst case I can book a few nights at the Sheraton and do a PCR there.
Good luck, and let us know how it goes please!
Old Dec 18, 2021, 9:07 am

Programs: UA 1MM
For the TMA seaplane to the hotel, do they weigh everything including backpacks, or just suitcases/rollaboards?
Old Dec 18, 2021, 9:29 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, GHA Discovery Titanium, Accor Gold, LH Senator
Originally Posted by boat stuck
For the TMA seaplane to the hotel, do they weigh everything including backpacks, or just suitcases/rollaboards?
TMA weighs everything. Don’t bother trying to pack your backpack with heavy items.
renila and boat stuck like this.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 7:28 am
YXU

Programs: AC 50K, Marriot Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA Silver
Got an email that there are special christmas eve dinners, I emailed them back asking about other dining options but didn't get a straight answer. Anyone know if there are other options included with the dining plans? (Not looking to spend 260++ per person)
Old Dec 19, 2021, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by YXU
Got an email that there are special christmas eve dinners, I emailed them back asking about other dining options but didn't get a straight answer. Anyone know if there are other options included with the dining plans? (Not looking to spend 260++ per person)
The resort has only been open a couple of months so this will be their first Xmas. You might want to follow this thread.

Advice needed - compulsory Christmas dinner at Maldives resort
Old Dec 19, 2021, 8:46 am
YXU

Originally Posted by margarita girl
The resort has only been open a couple of months so this will be their first Xmas. You might want to follow this thread.
Thank you!
Thing is, I chose this resort over the Westin as when I called + emailed they confirmed that there is no mandatory christmas dinner. It was only a few days ago that they suddenly decided to offer these dinners. Since it's not mandatory, is it safe to assume I can still use my meal plan? And can anyone currently at the resort confirm this.
​​​​​​​
Old Dec 19, 2021, 8:46 am
YXU

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Thank you!
Thing is, I chose this resort over the Westin as when I called + emailed they confirmed that there is no mandatory christmas dinner. It was only a few days ago that they suddenly decided to offer these dinners. Since it's not mandatory, is it safe to assume I can still use my meal plan? And can anyone currently at the resort confirm this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.