Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Old May 7, 2021, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jason8612
Hotel email:
[email protected]

Resort Shared Seaplane Transfer:
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees and to be paid upon check-out.
420 USD per adult (12 years and above)
210 USD per child (ages between 2 and 11.99 years)
Baggage
Complimentary for infants (below 2 years)
Standard baggage is 30 25kg including hand luggage. Excess weight will be charged at 5.60 USD per kg (per round trip).
Max dimensions are 158 cm and 32 kg. Infants do not have baggage allowance.
Hours
Operate between 06:00 to 16:00.
For check-in, last international flight must arrive at or before 15:30.
For check-out, first international flight must depart at or after 09:00.
Complete Details can be found here.

COVID Related Topics
Testing
Testing available at 120++ USD pp and reservations should be made no later than 72 hours prior to departure.
Quarantine/Isolation Policy
What happens if I test positive for COVID? Current policy can be found here.
Contact Tracing
Where can I find the list of properties under contract tracing? Here.
What happens if a resort is listed under contract tracing?
Guests must travel directly between MLE airport and the property post arrival and pre departure via international flight ONLY.
Inter-island transfers will be ceased and guests will not be able to arrive from, depart to, another island in the Maldives.

Water Sports & Diving Menu

Spa, Beauty, & Fitness Menu

F&B Menu

Latitude Menu
Riviera Menu
Tabemasu Menu
Turquoise Menu
Velaa Lunch Menu
Velaa Dinner Menu
Waves Menu
Wine Master List
Mini Bar Menu

Meal Plans
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees
Bed and Breakfast per night

30 USD per adult (12 years and above)
15 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Half Board per night
95 USD per adult (12 years and above)
47.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Complimentary for infants (below 3 years)
Full Board Plus per night
155 USD per adult (12 years and above)
77.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
All-Inclusive per night
230 USD per adult (12 years and above)
115 USD per child (ages 3 and 11.99 years)
Details can be found here.

F&B Bonvoy Discounts
General Members & Silver Elite 10%
Gold Elite 15%
Platinum, Titanium, & Ambassador Elite 20%
Full Details can be found here.

Resort Map
Can be found here.
Room total can be found here.
Beach Bungalow and Beach Villa are categorized by location. See the resort map for more information.

Paid/confirmed upgrades
Rates per night as of 08-May-2021
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV 50++ USD
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV w/ pool 250++ USD
Terms
Must be for entire duration of reservation
Requires non-refundable payment at time of confirming
Availability and rates subject to change
Can you apply SNAs at this property? No.

Late Checkout Policy (subject to availability)
General Members: None
Silver Elite: "Priority"
Gold Elite: 2pm
Platinum & Titanium Elite: 4pm
Ambassador Elite: 4pm or "Your24"

Welcome Gift
General Members & Silver Elite: None
Gold Elite: 500 points per stay
Platinum, Titanium, and Ambassador Elite: Welcome Gift: 1000 points per stay OR amenity per stay OR breakfast at Turquoise Restaurant per day for 2 persons (member + 1)

Drone Restrictions
"We strictly prohibit the operation of any type of UAV or drones for any purpose within and above the premises of the resort as our guests' privacy is of our utmost concern. This prohibition extends to devices launched from the resort or from outside the boundaries of the resort. If you wish to take photographs or videos, you may do so at the common areas of our resort."
Print Wikipost

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Old Nov 10, 2021, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by bobu
You won't get your credit card points but there's no reason why you wouldn't get Marriott points for the stay.
used Chase Sapphire. Cresit, Amex Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant credit - seeking discounted Marriott gift cards. Recently saw a post through Raise…prefer direct from Marriott if possible. Have about a week to procure.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by ADKOP
So for the all-inclusive plan, the menu options are from a limited menu? We thought all-inclusive would be pretty much open menu options (with supplement for some options) because the wording of the plans are different. The full board plus wording is, "3-course set menu", while all-inclusive is, "3-course meal." Ugh. This makes a great plan much less appealing IMO.
Now I see a post from earlier today that says it's no longer a limited menu. Can anyone confirm? phasher99 Great news!
We just arrived.
1/2 board at $65
Full board at $125
All inclusive at $200
Old Nov 10, 2021, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
I would imagine the answer to this would be no, the plans are very much per person. If you ordered a ala carte meal alongside I would imagine it would be fine, but if you just ordered a side or starter then ate mainly from your partners food it would be considered unacceptable, which I would agree with them on.
Scan through the thread and you will see many references as not allowed. We are light eaters as well - read where you can purchase a single meal to go - split it at home.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
I would imagine the answer to this would be no, the plans are very much per person. If you ordered a ala carte meal alongside I would imagine it would be fine, but if you just ordered a side or starter then ate mainly from your partners food it would be considered unacceptable, which I would agree with them on.
Scan through the thread and you will see many references as not allowed. We are light eaters as well - read where you can purchase a single meal to go - split it at home.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by JC5280
A few questions for those of you who are there or who have been there.
  • Is the majority of the island sand? As in, Are flip flops and sandals the preferred shoe to wear vs running shoes or boat shoes?
  • I saw a review on TripAdvisor that they took part in a coffee making and a cocktail making class. Did anyone experience any of that? They also had a pic of a branded Le Meridien canvas tote, which looks like it comes from a store or gift shop there.
  • How dark do the rooms get with all of the windows? Would you recommend bringing an eye shade?
  • Is there anything else beyond the standard beach resort packing list you wish you had brought?
  • Did you have a long wait at the Male airport on your way back? My business class booking was significantly cheaper to book the 11pm flight to Doha, so I am a bit curious of any creative recommendations to pass the time in Male. We are pretty well traveled and usually can't sit still for too long. ha ha
The two of us (Bonvoy Lifetime titanium) are known to indulge in cocktails while on vacation, so thinking the all-inclusive is a good route for us. We currently have a Sunrise Overwater Villa booked.
Recently arrived and below are points we either didn’t notice in our reading and planning. Hope other find these nuanced points helpful.

- Plenty of drinking water. We saved water bottled from the flight etc not knowing what to expect - drinking water included and refreshed at request.

- Universal outlets. Between universal outlets and usb ports at the airports etc - charging isnt a big problem. We overpacked with a variety of lower banks and such. You can go lighter.

- All the mentions of snacks and food along the way (for instance in the lounge while waiting for the sea plane) - rather poor. All forms white bread. If you try to eat healthier, ignore mentions of food along the way or you will be disappointed. (Oh, and lunch was defined as “comfort food” options of burgers and such for those considering meal plans.)

- First time flying Qatar…quickly jumped to the top of the list as preferred airlines. Meals were also good.

- Silverware. We read there is a coffee maker, cups and spoons which is true. We ALSO pleasantly surprised to find two cloth napkins and a metal fork and knife in each. So we packed our own plastics (for some of our own food) but don’t need them.

- No need for a GPS. The entire island is small and an easy walk. (and yes, that was a joke, we didn't pack a special gps.)
Old Nov 10, 2021, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by JC5280
A few questions for those of you who are there or who have been there.
  • Is the majority of the island sand? As in, Are flip flops and sandals the preferred shoe to wear vs running shoes or boat shoes?
  • I saw a review on TripAdvisor that they took part in a coffee making and a cocktail making class. Did anyone experience any of that? They also had a pic of a branded Le Meridien canvas tote, which looks like it comes from a store or gift shop there.
  • How dark do the rooms get with all of the windows? Would you recommend bringing an eye shade?
  • Is there anything else beyond the standard beach resort packing list you wish you had brought?
  • Did you have a long wait at the Male airport on your way back? My business class booking was significantly cheaper to book the 11pm flight to Doha, so I am a bit curious of any creative recommendations to pass the time in Male. We are pretty well traveled and usually can't sit still for too long. ha ha
The two of us (Bonvoy Lifetime titanium) are known to indulge in cocktails while on vacation, so thinking the all-inclusive is a good route for us. We currently have a Sunrise Overwater Villa booked.
Recently arrived and below are points we either didn’t notice in our reading and planning. Hope other find these nuanced points helpful.

- Plenty of drinking water. We saved water bottled from the flight etc not knowing what to expect - drinking water included and refreshed at request.

- Universal outlets. Between universal outlets and usb ports at the airports etc - charging isnt a big problem. We overpacked with a variety of power banks and such. You can go lighter.

- All the mentions of snacks and food along the way (for instance in the lounge while waiting for the sea plane) - rather poor. All forms white bread. If you try to eat healthier, ignore mentions of food along the way or you will be disappointed. (Oh, and lunch at Merdien was defined by staff as a selection of as “comfort foods” option's) burgers and such) for those considering meal plans.)

- First time flying Qatar…quickly jumped to the top of the list as preferred airlines. Meals were also good.

- Silverware. We read there is a coffee maker, cups and spoons which is true. We ALSO pleasantly surprised to find two cloth napkins and a metal fork and knife in each. So we packed our own plastics (for some of our own food) but don’t need them.
update - there was a plate of fruit upon arrival, which was the reason for the silverware. We moved to a second reservation, no fruit and no silverware.

- No need for a GPS. The entire island is small and an easy walk. (and yes, that was a joke, we didn't pack a special gps.)

- Outdoor plumbing - only a single toilet inside the beach bungalow. Showers and sinks (in the beach villas, at least this one) are great AND fully outside with high walls. Anyone who has spent more that 20 minutes on Google Earth will know that if daylight can see in, it is captured by Google. So while there are high walls to provide a feeling of privacy, understand that if you are showering you (all of you) will likely also be part of the Google information troves.

- room gets pretty dark when pulling all the curtains closed. Heavy curtains, blackouts. Small sliver of light at gaps. (Update - hard to keep the sliver of light put where the two curtains meet - consider bringing a few binder clips.)

- crazy long waits. 9 hours at doha. About 3 for sea plane. Factor in recovery time, especially if you do not sleep well traveling.

- staff are fantastic.

- upon entry Male expects a QR code to enter. We had no knowledge of this or what it was about. We were sent out to use a desktop on a card table to fill out a long application asking for everything - including vaccine info and dates - the works. Apparently if you actually fill out all the “required” fields the application will not progress so a gate agent went and removed our vaccine info, other data and QR code generated where we took photos and returned to passport processing..

- we are now in over water accommodations loving the view and water access and we are missing the comfy outdoor sofa from the beach bungalow. Nighclub beats heard in the distance. Cowboy shutter doors to the closet, well, they need to go.

- sounds of waves from the beach bungalow blend as white noise, while the continual slosh of water from the over water villa sounds like you are sitting in a canoe 24-7.

- nice to see marine life in the morning. This morning we were visited by a turtle, needlefish, a different longish fish and a reef shark.

- snorkeling? Happy resort provides great, less to pack and the gear is actually decent. That said, snorkeling is so so. Amazing accommodations for snorkeling, launching right from your private back deck, however marine life seems basic. If you are here primarily to snorkel, understand snorkel options are limited. What visits in the morning is more interesting than what you’ll actually find at each of their marked snorkeling locations.

Last edited by pixelrogue; Nov 17, 2021 at 5:23 pm
Old Nov 11, 2021, 9:52 am

Max persons in bungalow?

When booking with points - are kids allowed to stay with parents in the same room?
We have a 12 year old, will the child be allowed to be added to the same reservation?

Thanks
Old Nov 13, 2021, 6:29 am

All-inclusive already worth it with mini-bar?

Looking at the mini-bar menu, it’s about $700 worth without the champagne.
Even though alcoholic drinks are replenished once every 4 days, all other items can be replenished once per day.

assuming if I sign up for all-inclusive for 4 days for 2 people, that is $1600 total (with Titanium discount).

that comes out to $900 total minus all the mini bar items if I do not replenish anything at all. So that would be around $110 per person per day for all the meals and bev consumed in the resorts…seems to be a no-brainer?!
Old Nov 13, 2021, 11:14 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by ggb7135
Even though alcoholic drinks are replenished once every 4 days, all other items can be replenished once per day.

assuming if I sign up for all-inclusive for 4 days for 2 people, that is $1600 total (with Titanium discount).

that comes out to $900 total minus all the mini bar items if I do not replenish anything at all. So that would be around $110 per person per day for all the meals and bev consumed in the resorts…seems to be a no-brainer?!
I guess that depends if everything in the mini bar appeals. Personally I prefer to drink what appeals rather than just because it's there.

But I can see that if the contents appeals it would be a very good deal.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 11:37 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,

That is a very strange way of calculating value, but to each their own.

I don't want to throw off your math too much, but on the all-inclusive plan, they include alcoholic beverages as replenished once per day. It is the 375ml bottles that are replenished every four days. But that makes for a better valuation based on your math.

All Inclusive fine print: "Includes Minibar beverages alcoholic (excluding Champagne)+ non-alcoholic and snacks. Replenishing of consumed items will be one time per day only. 375ml spirits and bottles of wine will only be replenished every four days"
Izanoroly likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 10:22 pm

If anyone has any questions about the resort feel free to ask as I’ve completed a stay. For the all inclusive it is way more generous than previous so I would recommend it.

That being said I will follow up with another post but I can’t in good conscious recommend the resort.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 10:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by phasher99
That being said I will follow up with another post but I can’t in good conscious recommend the resort.
Will wait to hear as to why you would not recommend the LM.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 12:34 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor

there is no Elite discount for meal plan options.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 1:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Why we can't have nice things.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 7:09 am

Programs: OW
Quick one pls - does the resort now take MasterCard - I recall at the time of booking this wasn't accepted for some reason. Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.