Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 7, 2021, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jason8612
Hotel email:
[email protected]

Resort Shared Seaplane Transfer:
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees and to be paid upon check-out.
420 USD per adult (12 years and above)
210 USD per child (ages between 2 and 11.99 years)
Baggage
Complimentary for infants (below 2 years)
Standard baggage is 30 25kg including hand luggage. Excess weight will be charged at 5.60 USD per kg (per round trip).
Max dimensions are 158 cm and 32 kg. Infants do not have baggage allowance.
Hours
Operate between 06:00 to 16:00.
For check-in, last international flight must arrive at or before 15:30.
For check-out, first international flight must depart at or after 09:00.
Complete Details can be found here.

COVID Related Topics
Testing
Testing available at 120++ USD pp and reservations should be made no later than 72 hours prior to departure.
Quarantine/Isolation Policy
What happens if I test positive for COVID? Current policy can be found here.
Contact Tracing
Where can I find the list of properties under contract tracing? Here.
What happens if a resort is listed under contract tracing?
Guests must travel directly between MLE airport and the property post arrival and pre departure via international flight ONLY.
Inter-island transfers will be ceased and guests will not be able to arrive from, depart to, another island in the Maldives.

Water Sports & Diving Menu

Spa, Beauty, & Fitness Menu

F&B Menu

Latitude Menu
Riviera Menu
Tabemasu Menu
Turquoise Menu
Velaa Lunch Menu
Velaa Dinner Menu
Waves Menu
Wine Master List
Mini Bar Menu

Meal Plans
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees
Bed and Breakfast per night

30 USD per adult (12 years and above)
15 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Half Board per night
95 USD per adult (12 years and above)
47.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Complimentary for infants (below 3 years)
Full Board Plus per night
155 USD per adult (12 years and above)
77.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
All-Inclusive per night
230 USD per adult (12 years and above)
115 USD per child (ages 3 and 11.99 years)
Details can be found here.

F&B Bonvoy Discounts
General Members & Silver Elite 10%
Gold Elite 15%
Platinum, Titanium, & Ambassador Elite 20%
Full Details can be found here.

Resort Map
Can be found here.
Room total can be found here.
Beach Bungalow and Beach Villa are categorized by location. See the resort map for more information.

Paid/confirmed upgrades
Rates per night as of 08-May-2021
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV 50++ USD
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV w/ pool 250++ USD
Terms
Must be for entire duration of reservation
Requires non-refundable payment at time of confirming
Availability and rates subject to change
Can you apply SNAs at this property? No.

Late Checkout Policy (subject to availability)
General Members: None
Silver Elite: "Priority"
Gold Elite: 2pm
Platinum & Titanium Elite: 4pm
Ambassador Elite: 4pm or "Your24"

Welcome Gift
General Members & Silver Elite: None
Gold Elite: 500 points per stay
Platinum, Titanium, and Ambassador Elite: Welcome Gift: 1000 points per stay OR amenity per stay OR breakfast at Turquoise Restaurant per day for 2 persons (member + 1)

Drone Restrictions
"We strictly prohibit the operation of any type of UAV or drones for any purpose within and above the premises of the resort as our guests' privacy is of our utmost concern. This prohibition extends to devices launched from the resort or from outside the boundaries of the resort. If you wish to take photographs or videos, you may do so at the common areas of our resort."
Print Wikipost

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2021, 1:55 pm

Other than snorkeling and paddle boarding, are there any other complementary activities on the island?
Old Sep 23, 2021, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Looking at the link in the wiki, it doesn't look like there is a fixed schedule for the seaplanes. Is that correct?
Old Sep 23, 2021, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Looking at the link in the wiki, it doesn't look like there is a fixed schedule for the seaplanes. Is that correct?
Nope. I asked... Was told it depends on the arrivals and departures. One of the days last week there was no seaplane in or out of LE.

Due to very high winds... departure today of 8 people had to be by part speedboat, part seaplane to MLE. When the boat arrived to pick us up at LE there was a guest arriving and she was in tears and had to be helped by two people to walk off the boat. She was in rough shape, I felt really bad for her.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by jason8612
I did a 2 tank boat dive today

And a video of the 2 tank dive. It was awesome! Plenty of life, including turtles, eels, stonefish and manta rays.

https://youtu.be/jXVoOgRbvPk
Wow..It's awesome. Can anyone comment on this? Is that above average/below average in Maldives' standard? In terms of color and variety of marine life? I know Maldives is known for some large creatures but I will be satisfied with what I've seen in this video.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 4:11 pm

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by freedom2020
Wow..It's awesome. Can anyone comment on this? Is that above average/below average in Maldives' standard? In terms of color and variety of marine life? I know Maldives is known for some large creatures but I will be satisfied with what I've seen in this video.
Looks about standard, perhaps upper end. The diving is a bit more expensive than anywhere else I have dived in the Maldives but not astronomically. I would be happy with that. From what I have seen their house reef is significantly above average
Old Sep 23, 2021, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by tom-schmitt
Thanks aglu
Do you know if these meal plans are applicable for all guest or only elite members with already brakfast included?
If you have some time, maybe you can take some pictures of the actual menus/ beverage list to see which items will have an additional charge.
If you have status and select the breakfast, the bill will be -$30/day on the 1/2 or full plan.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 8:14 pm

Yes....

Originally Posted by Nitin Moryani
I have a 5 night points booking in November for Sunrise OWV. By any chance is it possible to get a mix of stay with OVW & Beach Villa. Like would they consider if we want OWV for 3 nights & then a Beach Villa for another 2 nights?
out trip in November has the mix, which was originally initiated because the full stay was not available for the full stay dates.

we have one reservation number for the beach villa and another for the OTWV.
ALGU likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 9:11 pm

Fine tuning a couple key discussed topics...

We have a trip later this year. First, THANK YOU for those who have been posting their experience and the details. Have posted some of the below questions earlier and the options and/or questions seem to evolve

COVID TESTING
Appears there has been success with Binax testing for entry back to the United States. Is the Binax test the type that involves the live video stream of testing for certification? Goal here is to bring a few with us, take the test before flight back to USA: MALE > DOH > USA

MEALS
Tough call on which way to go on meals, as we are not large eaters and do not drink. We have Marriott Plat status (will be selecting breakfast.) Portions shown in the photos (thank you to those posting) appear larger than either of us would eat in one sitting.
  • Could we purchase one dinner and split?
Al la cart plus 20% status discount?
  • If the 1/2 plan is offered at $65, good deal?
Yep, I will ask it - doggy bags to bring back?

FLIGHT TRANSFER
So the flight is booked to the room. Any way to use Marriott points to cover such charges applied to the room?
Note we do not have the Amex Marriott premium card
Old Sep 23, 2021, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by pixelrogue
If you have status and select the breakfast, the bill will be -$30/day on the 1/2 or full plan.
No status discount on meal plans even if you choose breakfast as amenity. I paid $125 for full board meal plan but they also offered me half board for $95. (I'm Titanium)

Also note, if two people are staying in a room they will not allow one person to buy a meal plan and not the other.

Last edited by imverge; Sep 23, 2021 at 9:24 pm Reason: status
Old Sep 24, 2021, 7:29 am

Programs: OWE, *Gold, STE+, Globalist, Titanium, Spire, Diamond
Originally Posted by pixelrogue
COVID TESTING
Is the Binax test the type that involves the live video stream of testing for certification?
-Yes. Others have reported success on QR MLE-DOH-USA.

MEALS
  • Could we purchase one dinner and split?
Al la cart plus 20% status discount?
  • If the 1/2 plan is offered at $65, good deal?
Yep, I will ask it - doggy bags to bring back?
-If you’re light eaters, do ala carte and stick to Velaa for lunch and dinner. We usually did breakfast and two mains at lunch OR dinner. You can split meals but highly doubt the lunch/dinner buffet. No splitting meal plans, it’s all or nothing.

When you arrive, check if they’ll allow you to add a meal plan later in your stay so you can see if going ala carte is sufficient. Didn’t ask about doggy bags, sorry.

FLIGHT TRANSFER
Any way to use Marriott points to cover such charges applied to the room?
-Someone mentioned this where you can redeem points against cash purchases. I’m not sure if the LM is included, but in almost every case it’s poor value. FrequentMiler recommends buying discounted Marriott gift cards to apply towards the reservation as a way to save.

Last edited by ALGU; Sep 24, 2021 at 7:44 am
Old Sep 24, 2021, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by imverge
No status discount on meal plans even if you choose breakfast as amenity. I paid $125 for full board meal plan but they also offered me half board for $95. (I'm Titanium)
Property has been inconsistent on discount for breakfast included, status or rate. Best to ask when you arrive. I’ve been told both, others have reported mixed.
imverge and Soccerjoshj07 like this.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by ALGU
Property has been inconsistent on discount for breakfast included, status or rate. Best to ask when you arrive. I’ve been told both, others have reported mixed.
Expect no discount but hope for one
ALGU and Soccerjoshj07 like this.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
that’s a little bit of a cop out used by the resorts. There is very obviously some prioritization that goes on and it almost certainly has to do with the transfer prices. At The Standard they charge $450pp and in both directions we stopped at resorts that charged more but were objectively out of the way (in fact we overflow The Standard in both directions) luckily it wasn’t a major time inconvenience but it’s also not entirely a luck of the draw situation.

with cheaper seaplane prices comes more inconvenient schedules.
The theory that cheaper sea plane transfers mean less convenient times sounds plausible, but based on our experience I'm doubtful that it's true. On the way to Le Meridien, we did stop to let off other passengers at a nearby resort (there was that resort, then an island where locals live, then Le Meridien -- so we stopped there and then it was less than 5 minutes to get up over that middle island and to Le Meridien). On the way back to the airport, they told us our plane would be around 8:15am. At 8am someone found us at breakfast finishing up and getting ready to go sign our checkout paperwork and we saw the plane was there and waiting. It turned out it was full -- we were the last guests being picked up, so everyone on board was waiting for us. I don't know if they all came from the same resort, but it would seem unlikely that everyone else paid less than we did.

Again, your theory certainly sounds plausible, but I think it is more likely that TMA gets a set fee (or a distance-based fee) from each resort and most of the difference in price is resort mark-up. I imagine the reason for scheduling the transfers the day before is because these are small planes with a limited amount of income per plane so they want to be sure of how many people they are picking up. I'm sure it's not unheard of for someone to extend their stay or get sick and not be able to leave or someone to miss their flight to the Maldives, etc, so scheduling it out only to have the planes operate not-full would be lost revenue so they wait until they are certain of how many people and from where and draw it up the night before. That's obviously also a theory and not something I know 100%, but I expect it is true.

Keep in mind that sea planes only operate flights until sun-down, so I think the latest you can be arriving at the airport for a sea plane is 3:30pm. I'm not surprised that also means that leaving a hotel you're not going to leave much later than that no matter what time your flight is out of MLE since they aren't going to operate after or even near sundown.
Soccerjoshj07 and WasKnown like this.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 6:54 pm

Thanks NickatFM/@GregatFM and jason8612 for sharing your reviews and everyone else in the thread for sharing their experiences!
Old Sep 25, 2021, 12:39 am

Bicycles

Anyone knows when they are going to get their bicycles?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.