Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 7, 2021, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jason8612
Hotel email:
[email protected]

Resort Shared Seaplane Transfer:
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees and to be paid upon check-out.
420 USD per adult (12 years and above)
210 USD per child (ages between 2 and 11.99 years)
Baggage
Complimentary for infants (below 2 years)
Standard baggage is 30 25kg including hand luggage. Excess weight will be charged at 5.60 USD per kg (per round trip).
Max dimensions are 158 cm and 32 kg. Infants do not have baggage allowance.
Hours
Operate between 06:00 to 16:00.
For check-in, last international flight must arrive at or before 15:30.
For check-out, first international flight must depart at or after 09:00.
Complete Details can be found here.

COVID Related Topics
Testing
Testing available at 120++ USD pp and reservations should be made no later than 72 hours prior to departure.
Quarantine/Isolation Policy
What happens if I test positive for COVID? Current policy can be found here.
Contact Tracing
Where can I find the list of properties under contract tracing? Here.
What happens if a resort is listed under contract tracing?
Guests must travel directly between MLE airport and the property post arrival and pre departure via international flight ONLY.
Inter-island transfers will be ceased and guests will not be able to arrive from, depart to, another island in the Maldives.

Water Sports & Diving Menu

Spa, Beauty, & Fitness Menu

F&B Menu

Latitude Menu
Riviera Menu
Tabemasu Menu
Turquoise Menu
Velaa Lunch Menu
Velaa Dinner Menu
Waves Menu
Wine Master List
Mini Bar Menu

Meal Plans
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees
Bed and Breakfast per night

30 USD per adult (12 years and above)
15 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Half Board per night
95 USD per adult (12 years and above)
47.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Complimentary for infants (below 3 years)
Full Board Plus per night
155 USD per adult (12 years and above)
77.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
All-Inclusive per night
230 USD per adult (12 years and above)
115 USD per child (ages 3 and 11.99 years)
Details can be found here.

F&B Bonvoy Discounts
General Members & Silver Elite 10%
Gold Elite 15%
Platinum, Titanium, & Ambassador Elite 20%
Full Details can be found here.

Resort Map
Can be found here.
Room total can be found here.
Beach Bungalow and Beach Villa are categorized by location. See the resort map for more information.

Paid/confirmed upgrades
Rates per night as of 08-May-2021
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV 50++ USD
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV w/ pool 250++ USD
Terms
Must be for entire duration of reservation
Requires non-refundable payment at time of confirming
Availability and rates subject to change
Can you apply SNAs at this property? No.

Late Checkout Policy (subject to availability)
General Members: None
Silver Elite: "Priority"
Gold Elite: 2pm
Platinum & Titanium Elite: 4pm
Ambassador Elite: 4pm or "Your24"

Welcome Gift
General Members & Silver Elite: None
Gold Elite: 500 points per stay
Platinum, Titanium, and Ambassador Elite: Welcome Gift: 1000 points per stay OR amenity per stay OR breakfast at Turquoise Restaurant per day for 2 persons (member + 1)

Drone Restrictions
"We strictly prohibit the operation of any type of UAV or drones for any purpose within and above the premises of the resort as our guests' privacy is of our utmost concern. This prohibition extends to devices launched from the resort or from outside the boundaries of the resort. If you wish to take photographs or videos, you may do so at the common areas of our resort."
Print Wikipost

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2021, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by ALGU
Just wanted to update. Sat down with the GM for a few hours, during which he apologized profusely. He clarified that he was unaware that I was reseated or that I was even there, perhaps why he didn’t ask to begin with. I’m still questioning that given we were reseated to the table in from of him, in clear view.

Maybe I’m being too generous, but my stay so far has been excellent other than that issue. Unless others have been having similar issues, I didn’t want to push or ask for compensation.
I'm glad you took the time to provide the GM with feedback. I find it hard to believe that he wasn't aware that you were re-seated, especially when you were seated in front of him and in clear view!
Now see, that's where I would have called him out for being disingenuous. Did you mention that you hadn't received a response from him about opening special events or promos?

If the GM is sincerely remorseful about what happened he should send you a written note with a complimentary spa treatment. WITHOUT YOU ASKING.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 1:18 am

Programs: OWE, *Gold, STE+, Globalist, Titanium, Spire, Diamond
Originally Posted by imverge
I'm glad you took the time to provide the GM with feedback. I find it hard to believe that he wasn't aware that you were re-seated, especially when you were seated in front of him and in clear view!
Now see, that's where I would have called him out for being disingenuous. Did you mention that you hadn't received a response from him about opening special events or promos?

If the GM is sincerely remorseful about what happened he should send you a written note with a complimentary spa treatment. WITHOUT YOU ASKING.
I didn’t want to go scorched earth if this ended up being an isolated incident and a genuine mistake. I got to sit down with the GM, and without a doubt he’s incredibly sharp, about Marriott in particular, and hospitality in general. Head and shoulders way above me without a doubt. So it makes me a bit suspicious for him being oblivious on such a glaring customer service gaff.

Several of the management staff here had previous tenures within the Maldives at other properties, and all my interactions with them have been excellent. It might be confirmation bias, but the GM is one of the few who does not have experience in the Maldives and similarly doesn’t share the same vibes as the others. Makes me wonder if he’s actually the real deal, if the property is a good fit for him, and if he’s just using his time here as another stepping stone for his career.

I guess time will tell if I’m completely off base or not.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 6:49 am

First guest

Hello y’all, I was the first guest staying at 246. The overall experience was amazing! First time Maldives visitor. I signed up for the all inclusive meal plan, which was amazing because they had a bug, the check in staff initially told me that the all inclusive meal wasn’t ready and I can order anything on the menu for 3 courses, so I ate wagyu almost everyday. Food tasted beyond amazing I have to be honest, better than many top notch restaurants in the states. Services was a little bit too much honestly all the staffs came to greet me at least 10x at dinner or lunch… and they even fold your clothes in the morning and evening housekeeping routine… I never had that experience even at the park hyatt. The activities was a little bit expensive compared to the PH (I was there before LM on the same trip), I did diving and jet ski. And wanted to do spa on the last day but it was fully booked when I want to go.
here is a video I made for the LM trip: xhslink com/lQtp1d (add a dot between the space since I just signed up for the account)
happy to answer any questions.

Last edited by Alpbeta; Sep 6, 2021 at 7:09 am
Old Sep 6, 2021, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
Anyone have any reports on the food and serving sizes on the Half Board and All Inclusive rates?

I am currently booked on a pretty damn good cash rate at The Standard but points availability just opened up for my dates at Le Meridien. I am tempted but lose out on some spa options and private pool and have the risk of newly opened hotel teething problems. Probably a total saving of around $1200 to switch properties so not crazy money but not pocket change.

EDIT: Also interested in variety of the buffet "themes" and rotation of the set menus at Velaa on the full board plus package. Not too keen to eat the same meal every night.
I had the all inclusive because I’m just a gold elite don’t get any breakfast, and the staff told me the all inclusive policy changed from the initial communication via email, and I can eat anything on the menu. And then on the first dinner at velaa I found there was $180 wagyu I was stoked and asked to confirm I can order it from the all inclusive, and they came back said the all inclusive menu wasn’t ready and I can order anything on the menu, however I didn’t order that one because it was an 1000g beef… too much. But I ended up with a Kobe which is $120 and other dishes and drinks because it was a 3 courses meal. That was way beyond the stated value for the plan of $230. And keep in mind, the $230 is including the 23% tax and services fee, if you order food and drinks individually you would need to pay the 23% from the price tag. That was a huge deal. however, everything changed on my last day since they realized the bug and they came up with a set menu for the all inclusive. Very limited… not so worth it in that case.

Last edited by Alpbeta; Sep 6, 2021 at 7:26 am
Old Sep 6, 2021, 7:04 am

OWV Villas
There’s two pontoons. The one attached to Tabemasu which is on the sunset side, and the one near the Thilamaafushi Villa on the sunrise side. They each have 3 segments and a pair of Two Br OWVs w/ Pool at the end.

Tabemasu Pontoon*
First Segment 201-216
Second Segment 217-232
Third Segment 233-246 (All Sunset on this segment have Pools)
Two Br OWVs w/ Pool 247-248
*Even-Sunset Facing/Odd-Sunrise Facing

Thilamaaafushi Villa Pontoon
First Segment 301-314
Second Segment 315-328
Third Segment 329-340
**Idk which sides are odd/even since this pontoon isn’t operational yet and the villa markers aren’t installed.

I’m actually surprised the other pontoon isn’t operational since it was built before the Tabemasu pontoon.

Recommendations
Best Sunrise OWV: 340/339**
The Sunrise OWVs on the other pontoon faces the backside of Olhuvelifushi, which is mostly vegetation, and away from the resort vs. the Tabemasu pontoon Sunrise OWVs which face the resort. Until both pontoons are operational, then maybe 215. It’s on the first segment of Tabemasu which least faces and has only one neighboring OWV, but maybe more buggy traffic.
Best Sunset OWV: 232
The Sunset OWVs on the Tabemasu pontoon face away from the resort vs. the other pontoon which faces the resort. It’s only has one neighboring villa and gets less buggy traffic being at the end of the second segment,
Best Sunset OWV w/ Pool: 246
Same reason as above. Even less buggy traffic being at the end.
Best 2 Br OWV w/ Pool: 248
Sunset and non-resort facing villa.

Worst Sunrise OWV: 235
End of the Tabemasu Pontoon which faces the resort. It has neighboring OWVs on both sides, but is at the last segment of the pontoon for less buggy traffic.
Worst Sunset OWV: 331/332**
Same as above except different pontoon.
Worst Sunset OWV w/ Pool: 236
Don't think there’s a bad villa in this category tbh. This villa is on Tabemasu Pontoon at the beginning of the last segment and also has two neighboring villas.
Worst 2Br OWV w/Pool: 247
Both a sunrise and resort facing villa.

I was the first guest at 246, let me be honest with you as the best owv with pool title. I was great because nobody was next to the right side except for the owner (the staff told me that the owner was staying there when I was there)
however, please beware that the window right of the bathtub can be seen completely from the entrance of the 2bd villa next to me, I was taking photos fully naked with the window open and I realized a staff was looking into me in the end hahahahaha
Old Sep 6, 2021, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by Alpbeta
Hello y’all, I was the first guest staying at 246. The overall experience was amazing! First time Maldives visitor. I signed up for the all inclusive meal plan, which was amazing because they had a bug, the check in staff initially told me that the all inclusive meal wasn’t ready and I can order anything on the menu for 3 courses, so I ate wagyu almost everyday. Food tasted beyond amazing I have to be honest, better than many top notch restaurants in the states. Services was a little bit too much honestly all the staffs came to greet me at least 10x at dinner or lunch… and then even fold your clothes in the morning and evening housekeeping routine… I never had that experience even at the park hyatt. activities was a little bit expensive compared to the PH (I was there before LM on the same trip).
here is a video I made for the LM trip: xhslink com/lQtp1d (add a dot between the space since I just signed up for the account)
Great video! 10/10. Agree on the service, top notch!
Old Sep 6, 2021, 7:17 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Released 3 reservations into the inventory for OVW sunrise villas:

Dec 23-28 (2)
Jan 2-7 (1)
Old Sep 6, 2021, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by mb123
Did you get a bottle of welcome champagne/ sparkling wine/wine as a welcome gift?
Please take many pictures of the breakfast tomorrow ;-)
yes, I got a bottle of champagne at my villa upon arrival
Old Sep 6, 2021, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by mb123
Do they offer any sport classes like yoga or bootcamp?
I saw a group of people was doing a class at the pool in front of velaa.
and the trainer at the gym was awesome! He gave me a stretch after working out at the gym.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 8:07 am

Programs: QF LTG
I asked about swimming/kayaking/wading to the neighboring local island and was told "We regretfully inform you that for the safety and security of all our guests and in addition to the current pandemic, we do not allow guests to swim or arrange visits to the nearby local island."
Old Sep 6, 2021, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
I asked about swimming/kayaking/wading to the neighboring local island and was told "We regretfully inform you that for the safety and security of all our guests and in addition to the current pandemic, we do not allow guests to swim or arrange visits to the nearby local island."
Thats correct. Olhuvelifushi is off limits unless you’re staying at Luna Lodge and even then I don’t know how that transfer will play out. But the private island in the video by Alpbeta across the Tabemasu pontoon is accessible to guests,
Old Sep 6, 2021, 8:21 am

Programs: QF LTG
Thats correct. Olhuvelifushi is off limits unless you’re staying at Luna Lodge and even then I don’t know how that transfer will play out. But the private island in the video by Alpbeta across the Tabemasu pontoon is accessible to guests,
Not much culture or grocery stores on the private island though
Old Sep 6, 2021, 10:08 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
I never had that experience even at the park hyatt. The activities was a little bit expensive compared to the PH (I was there before LM on the same trip), I did diving and jet ski. And wanted to do spa on the last day but it was fully booked when I want to go.
Great video, thank you!

How would you compare Park Hyatt to LM (excluding food, but on everything else)?
Old Sep 6, 2021, 10:26 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
I saw a group of people was doing a class at the pool in front of velaa.
and the trainer at the gym was awesome! He gave me a stretch after working out at the gym.
Sick video. How did you get permission to fly your drone?
Old Sep 6, 2021, 11:32 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime)
Originally Posted by martzipan
I got them here: https://store.optum.com/shop/product...st-kit-3-pack/

There are other online stores that sell them as 6 for $150, and some other amounts. I didn’t want to get too many since they do have expiry dates (something like Jan 2022 for me).

​​​​​​​Can you confirm these are actually valid to return from the Maldives to US?

We're flying qatar airways on our return and from their site, the requirements say
All air passengers entering the United States (including U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents) must present a negative COVID-19 test certificate issued no more than 3 days before the flight’s departure from a foreign country. Passengers must be tested with a viral test that could be either an antigen test or a nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT), such as reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR), reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP), and transcription-mediated amplification (TMA).
Was going to buy these as well but my MD friend said these Binax ones don't count based on the above.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.