Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in the Greater Miami area

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in the Greater Miami area

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2019, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: spg
Thumbs up Marriott Bonvoy hotels in the Greater Miami area

Folks,

I'm heading to Miami with the wife and 2 kids in December for two nights. This will be my last stay as a Platinum for the foreseeable future! So I want to make the most of it.. I'll be staying on points and am looking for your wisdom on which Marriott properties provide the most Plat benefits - lounge, breakfast, upgrades, etc. Bring it
Old Nov 26, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
need more info. Beach vs city

how many points per night will you spend

I really hate posts like yours. Sorry but they annoy me. Bring it?

you provide no info to help you
arlflyer and margarita girl like this.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by Nuhusky
need more info. Beach vs city

how many points per night will you spend

I really hate posts like yours. Sorry but they annoy me. Bring it?

you provide no info to help you
Sorry OP, but cannot like this enough. Wish mods would start shutting down these spoon-feeding threads.

And just so you don’t think I am a troll here are my suggestions: Ritz Key Biscayne if you want a resort, JWM Brickell if you want to be central, and W South Beach if you want to party, though that is not where I would go with kids. Plat benefits aren’t much these days so just pick the best property.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
OP, you'll generally get better advice on FT if you can do a bit of homework before asking such a broad question. Perhaps something like "we'd prefer to be in xxx location/at a property with a good beach/pool and have preliminarily identified Property A, B and C as being good for our needs and budget. Can anyone provide input on pros and cons and/or suggest an alternate property?". The absence of this pre-work suggests you want respondents to do all the work for you.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K (2MM)
Try the JW Turnberry Marriot.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 6:26 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Where did you end up staying last year?
Old Nov 26, 2019, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by bagpuss41
Folks,

I'm heading to Miami with the wife and 2 kids in December for two nights. This will be my last stay as a Platinum for the foreseeable future! So I want to make the most of it.. I'll be staying on points and am looking for your wisdom on which Marriott properties provide the most Plat benefits - lounge, breakfast, upgrades, etc. Bring it
If this is your last stay as Plat and want to make the most of it, that should automatically reject any resort properties (basically anything on the beach). While I’m a big EDITION fan, but it’s a resort and will not give you good Plat amenities, plus the redemption rates are *ridiculous*.

The JW Marquis downtown is nice, as is the original JW. Miami Marriott at Biscayne Bay isn’t bad, but also isn’t anything special, pretty typical Marriott hotel. Never personally stayed at the W or Beaux Arts though my understanding is both are pretty decent.
pbiflyer likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: spg
Fair enough, more deets :
  • We stayed at FLL Westin last year, decent enough and fantastic plat breakfast.
  • Looking for beach in or near Miami or Hollywood, and not the party beach as with kids.
  • Preliminarily booked RC Biscayne Bay - but as you know RC do not provide breakfast and laugh at our requests to get into their club lounge. That said I've never experienced RC before and am curious.
  • Specifically want breakfast amenity, where they don't nickel and dime you over the kids.
  • Happy spending 50k a night. Want Cat 5 upwards.
Available options I'm looking at are
  • Marriott Stanton SB @ 50k.
  • Hollywood Beach Marriott @ 45k.
  • JW Marriott Marquis @ 40k.
  • RC Biscayne @ 50k.

Last edited by bagpuss41; Nov 27, 2019 at 8:09 pm Reason: more r&d
Old Dec 2, 2019, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by Tanic
Brutal.
Tanic likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.