Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Add more nights in 2019 and booking a meeting for LT status?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2019, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG

Recently I completed my Platinum challenge. I was thinking of trying to reach Titanium status, but I didn’t think I would have enough time before the end of the calendar year. I’ve since been trying different hotel chains such as Hilton and Intercontinental.

I’ll be spending two weeks in Bangkok before the end of the year. I just logged into my Marriott account and apparently I’m 17 nights away from renewing my Platinum status. I think the website got the wording wrong, but I get the point. I’ve never stayed at Hyatt properties before so I was thinking of trying that. However, should I reconsider and attain my 50 nights? I’ll get a choice benefit? What would you guys do if you’re in my situation?

Does the 10 nights from booking a meeting count towards lifetime status?
Old Nov 25, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: I've gone underground!
Are you asking about lifetime status (benefit for several years of gold, etc. status) or are you asking about obtaining Titanium status?
Old Nov 25, 2019, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Titanium? If you fast-tracked to Platinum you'd still need to do all 75 nights for Titanium.

AFAIK a fast track Platinum doesn't count as a year for LT purposes.

5 SNAs for 50 nights isn't really worth going out of your way. Picking up a year for LT status might be more valuable to you.

But surely there's a thread somewhere on LT status...
margarita girl likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Titanium? If you fast-tracked to Platinum you'd still need to do all 75 nights for Titanium.

5 SNAs for 50 nights isn't really worth going out of your way. Picking up a year for LT status might be more valuable to you.

Right and I’m sorry if I wasn’t clear. I just spent the past three weeks in Malaysia so if you add 21 to the 18, I’d be a lot closer to 75. But since I picked Hilton for the past three weeks, it’s now a moot point.

Given what you said, I think I’ll try out a Hyatt in Bangkok.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 4:05 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by craigthemif

My experience says otherwise, but that was well before the integration and I’ve no idea whether that has changed since.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.