Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Easy method for learning if a property has a lounge?

Old Nov 25, 19, 12:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP (1K, 1MM)

Unless I'm completely missing the obvious, I've yet to find a way on how to tell on marriott.com or their phone app if a certain property has a club/executive lounge. If there a way to filter search results for locations? Or is there another trick? Thanks!
Old Nov 25, 19, 12:55 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
Yes, check the pinned thread in here!
Old Nov 25, 19, 8:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If the hotel is selling a club level room or other room category defined by lounge access, there should be a lounge. However, there are (at least) two things about which to be cautious:

1. It should be a mistake, but I've seen hotels selling club level rooms for dates when the lounge will not be open, either as a weekend closure or due to planned renovations etc.

2. A few hotels have lounges but do not admit Bonvoy elites to these lounges unless lounge access is purchased. A notable offender here is Prince Gallery, Tokyo.
Jiatong likes this.
Old Nov 26, 19, 4:23 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
They've recently 'upgraded' the app so that some of the search results screen real estate is taken up with new sub-filters for Pool, Kitchen/Kitchenette and Resta(urant).

Wonder why they didn't think to include something as genuinely useful as 'Lounge' in this ?
Attached Images  
Old Nov 26, 19, 4:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
If the hotel is selling a club level room or other room category defined by lounge access, there should be a lounge. .
That's how I check as well. Moreover you really do need to check out the FT hotel thread to know whether the lounge offers anything worth having, or is just a room with a coffee machine.

However I suspect that the OP was interested in limiting a broader search to only those hotels with lounges. AFAIK that isn't possible.
Old Nov 26, 19, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post

2. A few hotels have lounges but do not admit Bonvoy elites to these lounges unless lounge access is purchased. A notable offender here is Prince Gallery, Tokyo.
Itís not an offense at allólounge access is not a program benefit for Plats and above at LC properties (same as with RCs or Editions).
Old Nov 26, 19, 7:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MePlatPremier View Post
Itís not an offense at allólounge access is not a program benefit for Plats and above at LC properties (same as with RCs or Editions).
Fair point - offensive or not, there's little doubt that you need an advanced degree to figure out the Platinum benefits brand by brand, and that this could easily be considered the number one flaw with Bonvoy.
Old Nov 26, 19, 9:14 am

Approaches I've used with some success:

1. The sticky here, as others have mentioned.
2. Go to TripAdvisor and search the reviews for "lounge".
3. Go to Google and search for hotel name + "lounge" + "review".

My wife takes a very different approach: she just picks up the phone and calls the hotel. To each their own!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: