Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Resort & Spa Ubud, Bali [Master Thread]

Old May 30, 2020, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

The Westin Resort & Spa Ubud, Bali [Master Thread]

Old May 27, 2020, 7:12 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
also asking. Looking at this hotel for a potential late November visit.
Old May 27, 2020, 12:49 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Nope but look for the rate code BOG which may give you a discounted room
oxfordjames likes this.
Old May 28, 2020, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Nope but look for the rate code BOG which may give you a discounted room
Great rates for 3+ nights @ 744,000++ IDR including breakfast for 2 daily. Book by June 15th for stays up until May 31st 2021.
Old May 29, 2020, 1:12 am

Do they offer evening cocktail for platinum elite and above? Any shuttle service to ubud town?
Old May 29, 2020, 1:40 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
I believe that the rates honor benefits but may not accrue points. Worth checking this with the hotel directly and the website should advise if transport is available.
FQ415 likes this.
Old May 1, 2022, 6:53 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Diamond, AC 25K, UA Silver
Recently completed a stay here and I would HIGHLY recommend it to others looking to stay in the Ubud area.
Excellent recognition of elite status.
Breakfast was buffet style but had a wide variety of local and western dishes.
The infinity pool was not busy during our stay and empty in the morning.
Staff are very attentive and friendly.
Marriott gift cards were easily redeemed here as well.
yscleo likes this.
Old May 1, 2022, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
I also recently completed a stay here as ambassador. Got a 1 category upgrade initially and had to fight for a suite (which were available but aren’t given to people staying more than 2 days normally). After that it was very smooth sailing. Probably the best hotel staff I ever encountered. Pool is great too, albeit not very handy for people who have problems walking or are elderly. Many kids taking over at times but that is to be expected. Not a hotel where people spend all day at the pool.

By the way: avoid suites on the road side of the hotel. Although they are incredibly spacious, you have no view and hardly any outside space. Garden suite probably best or presidential if you can get it. Villa is stunning but needs to be booked as such.

Great property. Loved it. F&B really good too.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 11:47 am

Finished a 3 night stay here last week. Nice property at the beginning of Ubud. Felt very spacious and surrounded by nature. Food was excellent, and enjoyed the buffet for breakfast and dinner, and a la carte options at Tall Trees. They gave me (platinum) an upgrade to a "Pool View" on the third floor (room 307) below the lobby but it was 90% blocked by trees and the restaurant. Room itself was nice and roomy, with one of the nicest showers I've ever seen at a Marriott property. I've stayed in hotel rooms in Asia 2x the size of the shower in the room.

View of the pool area below:
dannybhoy and yscleo like this.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 8:55 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
Originally Posted by henkybaby
I also recently completed a stay here as ambassador. Got a 1 category upgrade initially and had to fight for a suite (which were available but aren’t given to people staying more than 2 days normally). After that it was very smooth sailing. Probably the best hotel staff I ever encountered. Pool is great too, albeit not very handy for people who have problems walking or are elderly. Many kids taking over at times but that is to be expected. Not a hotel where people spend all day at the pool.

By the way: avoid suites on the road side of the hotel. Although they are incredibly spacious, you have no view and hardly any outside space. Garden suite probably best or presidential if you can get it. Villa is stunning but needs to be booked as such.

Great property. Loved it. F&B really good too.
Sorry, how does one avoid those on the road side of the hotel? Near as I can make out, all the suites are indicated as Garden View. Unless your reference to them as "incredibly spacious" means those that are categorised as "Large Suite" which are described as 103sqm area?

Last edited by dannybhoy; Dec 29, 2022 at 3:23 pm Reason: grammar/typo
Old Dec 28, 2022, 9:01 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
Originally Posted by Cris
Finished a 3 night stay here last week. Nice property at the beginning of Ubud. Felt very spacious and surrounded by nature. Food was excellent, and enjoyed the buffet for breakfast and dinner, and a la carte options at Tall Trees. They gave me (platinum) an upgrade to a "Pool View" on the third floor (room 307) below the lobby but it was 90% blocked by trees and the restaurant. Room itself was nice and roomy, with one of the nicest showers I've ever seen at a Marriott property. I've stayed in hotel rooms in Asia 2x the size of the shower in the room.
What if any transportation service was provided by the hotel to Ubud centre?
Old Dec 29, 2022, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by dannybhoy
What if any transportation service was provided by the hotel to Ubud centre?
Nothing offered by hotel.
dannybhoy likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
just finished a 2-night stay here recently.

upgraded to a larger suite in the south wing (near the road) using sna.

the suite itself is nice and spacious but nothing special. street noise is bearable but next time (if any) i would request a room in the north wing instead.

staffs and their service are the best asset of this property. resort ground is also nice, greenery and well maintained.

gym is quite limited and very small for a 120-room resort. main pool and heavenly spa look appealing but i didn't try it.

breakfast buffet (in lieu of 1000 points) is pretty good, on par with most asian properties. however, in-room dining could be better.

extra benefit for plat member and above is 2 complimentary drinks daily at the lounge bar between 5-6pm.

overall it was a good short stay and i can recommend it.
dw, UASPG and 80proofGalleyCart like this.
Old May 17, 2023, 2:18 am

Programs: Marriott Ti; IHG Pt, IC Amb; Accor Silver; Agoda VIP/Pt
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
extra benefit for plat member and above is 2 complimentary drinks daily at the lounge bar between 5-6pm. overall it was a good short stay and i can recommend it.
Evening hour was free flow on last stay ('22, shortly after reopening), but 2 daily drinks on the house is still a party for a Bali Marriott
Did they grant 4pm late checkout on your stay?
Old May 18, 2023, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by 80proofGalleyCart
Evening hour was free flow on last stay ('22, shortly after reopening), but 2 daily drinks on the house is still a party for a Bali Marriott
Did they grant 4pm late checkout on your stay?
yes, they did, iirc.

I ended up leave about 12pm anyway (heading to another resort).
yscleo likes this.
Old May 19, 2023, 5:06 pm

We also just completed a 2 night stay a few weeks ago. I had 1 night reso with SNA that got approved (upgraded to the garden suite #803), and adjacent my partner used his FNA but didn't have an SNA. We emailed ahead and they were able to put us in the same room for both nights. Seems that it was fairly empty at the property while we were there it was easy to do despite my partner not officially using an SNA to upgrade. Maybe also helps that we're both plat.

Upon driving to the property, we were greeted with security which checked every door of the vehicle with flashlight (we arrived in the evening). Perhaps they were checking for unexpected guests? We didn't ask. Upon checkin, we got a welcome drink. One of our nights was paid, the other was using points. Seems like for the paid rate, breakfast already comes with. They let us choose 2 plat benefits since we had 2 resos - so we still chose breakfast for the points stay, and 1k points for the paid stay.
Choice of various amenities for plat. We went with breakfast. Never had a chance to go to the Lobby bar for the free 5-6pm drinks. Infinity pool is larger than I expected. They also have a ton of resort activities, but we didn't have time to participate in them. We actually regret not staying in Ubud for longer as it was our first time in Bali.

The property is quite far away from downtown Ubud, and even to other attractions, since most attractions are North of the property. They do have private drivers ready to go last minute if you haven't planned out activities until last minute. We booked one who was good, and we negotiated a private rate with him the following day for more excursions.

The upgraded room - it's ridiculously large at 1.1k sqft. I think there could have been better use of the space. The bathroom is larger than most bedrooms in NYC, and the corner beside the tub is just empty space. They could've added more hooks for towels/clothes, or perhaps a chair. Bedroom area has a section for office desk, and a lounge chair for viewing the outdoor area. We faced the outside of the property, but were well covered by the ample foliage/trees and far enough from the road. It was pouring rain one of the evenings and it was an incredible experience.

One thing to watch out for - don't close the balcony door behind you if there's no one else inside the room, or you will be locked out since it seems to be a deadlock instead of a manual lock. This happened to us the first morning we were there. Luckily we had a phone with us to call front desk. The staff acted pretty quickly on this though so it wasn't that big of an inconvenience.

Breakfast - Quality wise - it is not as good as the St Regis property in Nusa Dua, but the variety was solid for the property size. We also had dinner at the Mediterranean restaurant - not bad, portions were quite large. Note that this restaurant is completely outdoors - I had a couple mosquito bites after the meal. The breakfast buffet also serves dinner, and has both indoor and outdoor sections.

Overall it's a good property and very reasonably priced, but we'd probably stay closer to downtown Ubud or Seminyak in the future.
yscleo likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.