Wiki Posts
Search

Moving the lifetime Plat goalpost?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2019, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
Moving the lifetime Plat goalpost?

My wife was looking forward to her making Lifetime Plat next year, as she is sitting at 554 nights and 9 years Plat. The website/app originally shows 500nights/10years to be the goal for Lifetime Plat. But this morning over a cup of coffee with her planning her business trips, she has shown me that the APP has changed the requirement for nights, it's now 600 nights/10 years instead of the previous 500 nights/ 10 years. So next year she'll be probably around 570 nights and 10 years, thus falling short of 600.

Her travel pattern she'll make it easily next year, but she's a little disappointed by this sudden change. And wonders if Marriott will simply move the goalpost again in the future.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 6:41 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Cathay Dragon 666
My wife was looking forward to her making Lifetime Plat next year, as she is sitting at 554 nights and 9 years Plat. The website/app originally shows 500nights/10years to be the goal for Lifetime Plat. But this morning over a cup of coffee with her planning her business trips, she has shown me that the APP has changed the requirement for nights, it's now 600 nights/10 years instead of the previous 500 nights/ 10 years. So next year she'll be probably around 570 nights and 10 years, thus falling short of 600.

Her travel pattern she'll make it easily next year, but she's a little disappointed by this sudden change. And wonders if Marriott will simply move the goalpost again in the future.
Sudden change? The lifetime requirements for the combined program were specified over 18 months ago, and Marriott gave members until the end of 2018 to qualify under the old requirements. The old Marriott scheme for the old lifetime gold was 500 nights + 1.6m points.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
It has been 600 nights ever since the programs merged, which was August of 2018.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Antarius
It has been 600 nights ever since the programs merged, which was August of 2018.
Interesting, then it must be the IT glitch, because my wife has been showing me 500 for the last few months, and she was kind of excited about making Lifetime Plat (it's her thing....)
Old Nov 19, 2019, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Can't change title, Mod can remove this thread as I am being educated here the change was done apparently years ago. But I guess IT didn't update it to my wife's account nor her app because she was excited and countdown on her making Lifetime Plat, it was showing 500 forever on her account and APP.

In anycase, this thread can be removed, thanks
asovse1 and Antarius like this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 5:51 am

Programs: LH, PG, BA, SPG, HH
I am in the same position as your wife. This year I qualified for my 10th year as Platinum. But with only about 560 nights. So I thought it was going to be one more year until I qualified but then the pomo over the summer which gave double qualifying nights gave me a big boost and pushed me up to 596 nights.

So I thought I was going to make it this year after all as I just completed a 16 night stay easily pushing me over the 600 nights. But now I have looked at my account and the 16 nights have posted but my yearly and lifetime total stays have just gone up by 2. So I have to assume somewhere else they have removed 14 nights from. Not so much moving the goal posts but moving me away from the goal posts.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lobster
I am in the same position as your wife. This year I qualified for my 10th year as Platinum. But with only about 560 nights. So I thought it was going to be one more year until I qualified but then the pomo over the summer which gave double qualifying nights gave me a big boost and pushed me up to 596 nights.

So I thought I was going to make it this year after all as I just completed a 16 night stay easily pushing me over the 600 nights. But now I have looked at my account and the 16 nights have posted but my yearly and lifetime total stays have just gone up by 2. So I have to assume somewhere else they have removed 14 nights from. Not so much moving the goal posts but moving me away from the goal posts.
It could very well be a glitch. Also, selecting elite night bonuses are choice gifts do not count to LT status, so just a heads up in case you did that.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cathay Dragon 666
Interesting, then it must be the IT glitch, because my wife has been showing me 500 for the last few months, and she was kind of excited about making Lifetime Plat (it's her thing....)
LT status is weird. My years were off until 5 months or so ago, when they got fixed. Now, I am still a year short as this years LT PLT will only post EOY.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: Southwest A-List, AMC Stubs A-List, Chick-fil-A-List
Originally Posted by Antarius
It could very well be a glitch. Also, selecting elite night bonuses are choice gifts do not count to LT status, so just a heads up in case you did that.
They do now, but I believe this is a recent change.

https://choice-benefit.marriott.com/...t-bonvoy/terms
nexusCFX, Antarius and LarryU like this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SpeedyDelivery
They do now, but I believe this is a recent change.

https://choice-benefit.marriott.com/...t-bonvoy/terms
Huh... interesting. Thanks for sharing!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.