Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Metal Bonvoy Cards

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2019, 10:57 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott LTPP
I threw mine away already. Why would a frequent flyer want such a heavy card to lug around with them? I wish they had asked if I wanted one and they could have saved themselves some $$$. It’s not like I have ever had to present a membership card in the last decade.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
My LT card will go into a drawer at home It's really heavy too ... heavier than the metal CCs.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 3:48 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by JBord
I've never received my LT Plat card either (earned nearly a year ago). The only time I remember I don't have it is when someone starts a thread like this.

Same here. I earned Lifetime Platinum in November 2018 and have not received a metal card. I thought the only new metal cards issued were for Lifetime Titanium.
360guy likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:22 pm

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
Originally Posted by controller1
Same here. I earned Lifetime Platinum in November 2018 and have not received a metal card. I thought the only new metal cards issued were for Lifetime Titanium.
The same for me! Still waiting.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I'm Lifetime Titanium and have yet to receive a lifetime card of any material (metal, plastic, or otherwise). I'm feeling cheated and may have to call claiming DYKWIA...
Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
FWIW, for those who are Lifetime Titanium, I finally made what was then LTPP (Platinum Premier) last year (2018) which then became LTT. However, no lifetime card, metal or otherwise, arrived at my abode any time last year.

As noted in the relevant thread elsewhere on this forum, my LTT metal card finally showed up this year (2019). And, while I'm still considering it, haven't yet made it into a throwing star.

David
Old Nov 20, 2019, 3:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
One has to be fairly desperate to think that having one of those cards to flash at properties, to one's friends, or whatever, does anything but leave people smirking.

The answer to the question is that you should never learn the answer as to what it does and does not set off. Leave it at home or better yet, figure out how to destroy it and toss it.
JBord likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by JBord
I've never received my LT Plat card either (earned nearly a year ago)...
Likewise (earned about 15 months ago). But I earned it through Starwood LT PLT...so I'm probably considered not worthy by Marriott.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Often1
One has to be fairly desperate to think that having one of those cards to flash at properties, to one's friends, or whatever, does anything but leave people smirking.

The answer to the question is that you should never learn the answer as to what it does and does not set off. Leave it at home or better yet, figure out how to destroy it and toss it.
I don’t toss mine, but leave it at home on my desk. I find the numbers on the back to be useful!
Old Nov 20, 2019, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
I'm genuinely curious why one would carry a Bonvoy card in one's credit card wallet.
Yup. I opened the envelope, saw what it was, thought about keeping it for a second, realized it was pointless, and then threw it away. Not sure the point of it.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food
I'm Lifetime Titanium and have yet to receive a lifetime card of any material (metal, plastic, or otherwise). I'm feeling cheated and may have to call claiming DYKWIA...
They started sending Titanium and Platinum LT cards earlier this year ... it seems to come in batches.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
For me, having the card isn't as important as having received the card. It's an acknowledgement (after all this time) of LTTE status that I can file away or snap a pic of and then toss. You know, just in case someday Marriott comes along and congratulates me on having achieved LT Silver or some such nonsense.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 5:50 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Given what happened over at Delta to people like Flying Colonels, the cynic in me would advise people NOT to dispose of anything claiming "lifetime" highest level status. I plan on keeping both my Lifetime Titanium Elite Card and the packet that came with it - You know, just in case Marriott someday "forgets" and decides to give me "complimentary annual general member status" for my loyalty.
Zorak likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I've been Lifetime PP (or whatever Marriott called it previously) for years, no cards. This year got the metal card, with the same reaction, why is it this heavy metal.

The note read like I had just achieved this status, which I've effectively had for years.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 8:20 pm

Programs: Marriott BONVOY PLAT Lifetime PLATINUM, 16 years elite; AA 2MM LTPlat, UA, US, DL
Question Who to contact here?

I was LTP SPG just before the turnover to the Marriott.com website; and though it does reflect my status and my points migrated accordingly; I have never received a card of any type nor (MORE IMPORTANTLY) am I receiving email confirmations when I make hotel reservations! I rely on those email confirmations and checked the profile to see if my email and text were right (they are) and yet last week I made 3 bookings on the site - no confirmation ever came (not in spam either)
I called but the marriott rep was not very adroit using the website (which I found at the time of conversion to be true, and waited for them to catch up) I need an ombudsman or a lurker; I miss my SPG contacts! Any help on a good contact to get this straight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.