Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Ineptness Continues -- Insulting Email from Bonvoy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Ineptness Continues -- Insulting Email from Bonvoy

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2019, 9:48 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by Cathay Dragon 666
After staying at Ritz myself, I can see why, and I'm moving all my future JW/St.Regis stays to Ritz from now on. I have always known Ritz offers better product and services overall, but didn't realize it is light-years ahead. Well worth the extra dime.
Ritz Carlton generally sits a category below St Regis hotels where they're both in the same markets. Not sure you're going to be happy if you're expecting better service...
MSPeconomist and JBord like this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Ritz Carlton generally sits a category below St Regis hotels where they're both in the same markets. Not sure you're going to be happy if you're expecting better service...
My St. Regis experiences is with both St. Regis Chengdu, and St. Regis Zhuhai. Both times the services were blah, the butler subpar, thus I have given up on St. Regis. Didn't realized St. Regis is considered a notch up on Ritz. I guess I'll try St. Regis at other places for more anecdotal experiences.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
Okay, just to clarify, when I used the word "insulted" I didn't mean I'm making a capital case out of it. But telling me they were granting me a status I already earned (both for next year and for lifetime) as a token of appreciation just rubbed me the wrong way. It's like buying a $10 item, handing the cashier a $20 bill, and having him say "As a token of my appreciation for your purchase, here is $10," as he hands me my change.
It's probably the same wordsmiths that came up with the favorite "Your request was denied" note for SNAs.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
...maybe (even though I find Hilton's program and properties to be a step below Bonvoy's) it's time to focus on earning my lifetime diamond status starting next year...
So you don't particularly like Hilton's program or its properties but you're going to go out of your way to earn lifetime status there? Brilliant.
Newman and Dr. HFH like this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 3:10 pm

Location: 42.1% in PDX , 49.9% in PVG & 8% in the air somewhere
Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA 1K, AS MVP GLD 75K, DL Pt
I awoke this morning to find an email from Bonvoy with the subject line "DJ_Iceman, You're Not on Track to Renew Ambassador Status" and a big header line saying "TITANIUM ELITE STATUS AHEAD". Here's the text following that: "It looks as if Marriott Bonvoy™ Ambassador Elite status is likely out of reach for 2020 — but as a token of appreciation for your loyalty, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite status is yours for 2020."

The insulting part is twofold: I am already lifetime Titanium Elite, and also have actually passed the threshold to earn it even if I didn't have the lifetime status. So there's no "token of appreciation for my loyalty" at all!

What's disappointing, but not completely unreasonable, is that I'm currently sitting at 77 nights for the year and $22,240 in spend. I'm at 1,966 lifetime nights in the program. So they're correct that I'm unlikely to reach 100 nights by the end of the year, but wouldn't it seem like a smart business decision to offer to renew my Ambassador status? Wouldn't THAT be a better "token of appreciation for my loyalty"? Oh, well, maybe (even though I find Hilton's program and properties to be a step below Bonvoy's) it's time to focus on earning my lifetime diamond status starting next year...
DYKWIA, LOL

I think your ego and your expectations will continue to be disappointed by Marriott and the Bonvoy experience. They probably couldn't keep track of the multiple lists you might be on and which one might supersede any other.

I guess if it was me, I'd just chalk another one up to their inept tracking/service, LOL
Old Nov 18, 2019, 5:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Cathay Dragon 666
My St. Regis experiences is with both St. Regis Chengdu, and St. Regis Zhuhai. Both times the services were blah, the butler subpar, thus I have given up on St. Regis. Didn't realized St. Regis is considered a notch up on Ritz. I guess I'll try St. Regis at other places for more anecdotal experiences.
I almost universally will choose a St. Regis over a Ritz. Aside from giving titaniums free breakfast, I find the service better. That said, I do like Ritz as well and would stay there more if they gave free breakfast to tits and the IT system worked.

STR Chengdu is bad? I am going to Chengdu soon and was deciding between STR & Grand Hyatt. Why bad?
Old Nov 18, 2019, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
No inept Emails for me. At 103 nights and $15k. Could easily do the extra $5k, but I am rather spending this with Hilton this quarter hearing how abysmal the ambassador service has become.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 10:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
Originally Posted by SHLTP
I almost universally will choose a St. Regis over a Ritz. Aside from giving titaniums free breakfast, I find the service better. That said, I do like Ritz as well and would stay there more if they gave free breakfast to tits and the IT system worked.

STR Chengdu is bad? I am going to Chengdu soon and was deciding between STR & Grand Hyatt. Why bad?
I didn't say it's bad, but just subpar and not up to the standard of services that one expects from a brand that promotes itself as top notch luxury brand. The Butler (I've had) is very limited in English comprehension so if you don't speak Chinese get ready for lots of hand-motions and google translate. Breakfast selections are very very limited, yes it's free for Titaniums, but still, if I'm not Titanium and has to pay for the breakfast, I won't be happy (vs. Ritz that I'll happily pay the extra $1000 a day for solid meal selections). Requests to butler is either partially fulfilled or incorrectly fulfilled (again, due to communications difficulties). WIFI is poor (my work needs fast internet and St. Regis Chengdu is pretty slow. Speedtest shows its bandwidth to be between 2M to 3M last time I was there. Fine if you are just checking emails and browsing pages, but not for my line of work that needs bandwidth. Room is spacious and luxurious but I see plenty of stains on the sofa and corners of the chairs and bed. Again, for St. Regis brand that shouldn't happen. And it's not hard to see, I can't believe house-keeping didn't see it and to report it.

The staff does try their best, but overall, just anecdotally, not impressed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.