Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Where to go in March? Warm weather options?

Where to go in March? Warm weather options?

Old Nov 11, 19, 11:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by t1c View Post
Good idea they have a new Marriott there...
Like Aruba, I would expect a spring break problem there.
Old Nov 12, 19, 4:57 am

Programs: How to move abroad
Mauritius, a paradise in the Indian Ocean
Old Nov 12, 19, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, LH Silver, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, Hyatt Disc, PC Plat, CC Gold
Originally Posted by spainlover View Post
I am presuming you want to stick to a Marriott Bonvoy hotel given where you are posting?
Otherwise I’d recommend the Golden Rock on Nevis (you can fly direct to St Kitts from NYC and take a scenic ferry over to Nevis).
Yes and no...posted in Bonvoy forum but have elite status with Hilton and also a ton of Hyatt points. Also willing to pay if it is the "best" option I can find.

Originally Posted by Solivagant View Post
Mauritius, a paradise in the Indian Ocean
Yes, but the flight is a bit long from the US.

Originally Posted by hotelboy View Post
Alaska should be nice that time of year.
Either you are trying to be funny or you missed the warm weather part of my post.

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis View Post
Cartagena, Colombia?
That's definitely an interesting option I looked at but are any of the Marriott options there high-end?
Solivagant likes this.
Old Nov 12, 19, 6:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by christianj View Post
Yes and no...posted in Bonvoy forum but have elite status with Hilton and also a ton of Hyatt points. Also willing to pay if it is the "best" option I can find.

That's definitely an interesting option I looked at but are any of the Marriott options there high-end?
A friend stayed at the Hyatt in Cartagena. Loved it. I’m not sure about Marriott property.
Old Nov 12, 19, 10:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Within the Marriott portfolio and limiting to those properties you mention, I am a massive fan of the Solaz in Cabo; though the travel time seems like it would be prohibitive.

South Florida will be upper-70s to mid-80s that time of year, so it's a great time. Be sure to check your dates, though, so as to avoid the Miami area during Music Week.
Old Nov 12, 19, 11:17 am
Community Director

Have you gone to the haciendas in the Yucatan Peninsula? We are returning in January. Fly in and out of Merida where the Design Hotel Rosas y Xocolate is said to be lovely. Then, again, the Hyatt Merida is just 5000 points/night. Rent a car and visit 2 or 3 of the haciendas. It is a rare treat to stay in such historic properties. Each is unlike any of the others. Most are very small, which I enjoy. You can see both Mayan ruins and a nature preserve with 1000s of flamingoes (Celestun).

I just looked back at your request and see that this does not fulfill two of your three criteria of a large resort on the beach. If you hold firm on those, look and see what is available in Tulum.

I have in my notes that this is a good property. I have no personal experience.
Andaz Mayakoba, Mexican Riviera, near Cancun

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Nov 12, 19 at 11:23 am
Old Nov 12, 19, 1:31 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by CLEguy View Post
Within the Marriott portfolio and limiting to those properties you mention, I am a massive fan of the Solaz in Cabo; though the travel time seems like it would be prohibitive.
There are non-stop flights to SJD and PVR out of EWR on United on Saturdays, basically just a transcon and an easy hotel transfer for both the Solaz in Cabo and St Regis Punta Mita. I can't see spring breakers being an issue at either of those properties.
christianj and CLEguy like this.

Last edited by escapefromphl; Nov 12, 19 at 3:10 pm
Old Nov 12, 19, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+

The Hyatt in St Kitts is right on what many said was the nicest beach in St Kitts. It was gorgeous, and the property looked outstanding. I stayed at the Marriott there, which was very nice but probably not in same class as some others people are mentioning here. I really loved Golden Rock - boutique hotel.

Yes, but the flight is a bit long from the US.

Either you are trying to be funny or you missed the warm weather part of my post.

Old Nov 12, 19, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, LH Silver, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, Hyatt Disc, PC Plat, CC Gold
Originally Posted by escapefromphl View Post
There are non-stop flights to SJD and PVR out of EWR on United on Saturdays, basically just a transcon and an easy hotel transfer for both the Solaz in Cabo and St Regis Punta Mita. I can't see spring breakers being an issue at either of those properties.
Interesting! Did not know these flights existed. Strange that they fly close to 6 hours with a 737-8 with the crappy First Class.��
Old Nov 12, 19, 7:06 pm

Programs: Marriott LTPP
I stayed in Punta Mita last year at the Four Seasons. Went to visit the St. Regis (just a walk) and it's gorgeous. Right on the beach, pools and just a stunning property. I believe they give upgrades as well. Flew directly to Puerto Vallarta and then took a car about an hour to Punta Mita. Lovely and delicious restaurants in PM as well. I would go back in a heartbeat.
Old Nov 12, 19, 7:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Love the St. Regis Bal Harbour - we went for 3 years during a peak spring break week and it was always warm enough for pool/beach and there were zero issues with a rowdy spring break crowd (not the hotel most will be staying at!). Nice to be in Bal Harbour also as you are removed from the crowds of Miami Beach. Beautiful resort with great/modern rooms, a relaxing adult pool, nice restaurants, and lux service. Beach isn't amazing...has had a good amount of seaweed the past few years, but it does the trick!
Old Nov 12, 19, 7:35 pm

there’s only one Marriott in Cartagena that’s slated to open this month. The Hyatt’s not in the old town and the Marriott is just outside the wall. I don’t think either will be “high-end” compared to other options in Cartagena.
Old Nov 12, 19, 8:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Canary islands!!!!

My husband and I used to go to Oahu, Maui, etc., every year, but for the past three, we have MUCH preferred Tenerife. There’s a GORGEOUS Ritz Carlton, with amazing views of Teide (Spain’s highest point) and La Gomera (another Canary Island).
No room for doubt, our BEST vacations ever! Going again soon!
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Nov 23, 19, 4:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Dr.Ells View Post
My husband and I used to go to Oahu, Maui, etc., every year, but for the past three, we have MUCH preferred Tenerife. There’s a GORGEOUS Ritz Carlton, with amazing views of Teide (Spain’s highest point) and La Gomera (another Canary Island).
No room for doubt, our BEST vacations ever! Going again soon!
We're big fans of the Ritz Carlton Abama too, 4th trip there in Jan!
Old Nov 24, 19, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by j1m3 View Post
We're big fans of the Ritz Carlton Abama too, 4th trip there in Jan!
What is the weather like at that time? Concerned early March won’t be warm enough.

Search this Thread