FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Billed $130 for replacing bedding for a tiny stain. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1994599-billed-130-replacing-bedding-tiny-stain.html)

Out of my Element Nov 9, 2019 8:27 am

The incident to which I was referring was an accident. Not certain yours was due to limited info and I still can't figure out what was dropped from the original post ("bed"?)

LondonElite Nov 9, 2019 10:39 am

Originally Posted by Out of my Element (Post 31718757)
The incident to which I was referring was an accident. Not certain yours was due to limited info and I still can't figure out what was dropped from the original post ("bed"?)

It seems a tiny bed was dropped.

flyerCO Nov 9, 2019 11:01 am

Was the pillow itself stained, or just the pillow case? If it was just the pillow case, then I don't get why pillow was replaced. Regardless a pillow case being stained is IMO normal wear and tear. It's put on the pillow partially to help protect the pillow.

As for it being bodily fluids, those are on every sheet regardless if visible. Semen/urine/💩 are all commonly found and perspiration is going to be on every touched sheet. Bleach does wonders! For the rare non-white, there's other disinfectants.

GUWonder Nov 9, 2019 11:06 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite (Post 31719163)
It seems a tiny bed was dropped.

No, it doesn't seem like that at all. It reads like something from a living person's body was dropped on the bed and resulted in a stain, with that stain probably being the size of some kind of coin no larger than the kind of coin that can fit in a kid's pant's pocket.

I wonder what brand of Marriott hotel hit the OP's referred to person with the $130 charge.

flyerCO Nov 9, 2019 11:12 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder (Post 31719253)
No, it doesn't seem like that at all. It reads like something from a living person's body was dropped on the bed and resulted in a stain, with that stain probably being the size of some kind of coin no larger than the kind of coin that can fit in a kid's pant's pocket.

I wonder what brand of Marriott hotel hit the OP's referred to person with the $130 charge.

It specifically says a small bed, one smaller than a coin, was dropped due to a medical condition and made a stain on a pillow case.

He has accidentally dropped a small (smaller than a coin) bed, which left a stain on a pillow case, because of a medical condition.

GUWonder Nov 9, 2019 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 31719273)
It specifically says a small bed, one smaller than a coin, was dropped due to a medical condition and made a stain on a pillow case.

It specifically reads like it has an included typographical error, one that doesn’t take genius to understand if really interested in making an effort to understand the intent of the words included in the post and adjusting for the obvious typographical error. It requires having goodwill toward people posting here, but that is in short supply on FT way too often.

nmpls Nov 9, 2019 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder (Post 31719608)
It specifically reads like it has an included typographical error, one that doesn’t take genius to understand if really interested in making an effort to understand the intent of the words included in the post and adjusting for the obvious typographical error. It requires having goodwill toward people posting here, but that is in short supply on FT way too often.

He was making a joke, jesus.

GUWonder Nov 9, 2019 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by nmpls (Post 31719634)
He was making a joke, jesus.

My name isn’t Jesus, I can read just fine, and I never missed the typographical error in the OP. ;)

mahasamatman Nov 9, 2019 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder (Post 31719608)
It specifically reads like it has an included typographical error

As the OP has had lots of opportunities to fix this and has refused to do so, I'm not so sure any more. I take this whole thread with a huge pile of salt until the OP decides to cooperate and clarify.

SKRan Nov 9, 2019 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder (Post 31719253)

You are right. And I apologize for misleading choice of words. It was a small blood stain.

satman40 Nov 9, 2019 10:33 pm

who knows it may have been there before he rented the room.

never admit anything,

Marriott need to prove it, with pictures.