FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   UK AMEX MR transfer bonus (50%) until 31 Dec 2019 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1994301-uk-amex-mr-transfer-bonus-50-until-31-dec-2019-a.html)

lorcancoyle Nov 6, 2019 3:24 am

UK AMEX MR transfer bonus (50%) until 31 Dec 2019

Extract from email received just now - perfect timing for me!

Enjoy more with Marriott Bonvoy nowTransfer before 31 December 2019 and you’ll receive 9 Marriott Bonvoy points for every 4 Membership Rewards points, when you transfer 1,000 or more.1That’s 50% more than the usual rate. You can use Marriott Bonvoy points at more than 7,000 hotels in 130 countries.

Please note that your points will be transferred to your Marriott Bonvoy account within five working days and your additional Bonus Points can take up to eight weeks to transfer. Terms and Conditions apply.

FT-Diplomat Nov 6, 2019 4:18 am

Must be targeted: just logged into my UK Amex account and no mention of that and still shows the standard redemption rate (3 MB for every 2 MR)...

MrM2016 Nov 6, 2019 5:04 am

Originally Posted by FT-Diplomat (Post 31706936)
Must be targeted: just logged into my UK Amex account and no mention of that and still shows the standard redemption rate (3 MB for every 2 MR)...

I received the email and the website hasn't updated, so I expect them to resolve shortly.

Raffles Nov 6, 2019 5:05 am

Originally Posted by MrM2016 (Post 31707013)
I received the email and the website hasn't updated, so I expect them to resolve shortly.

Website was never updated for the Hilton bonus. We still don't know if it was targeted or not. Neither my wife or I received this one.

skye1 Nov 6, 2019 5:35 am

Rec'd e-mail for my UK Amex. & like others, nothing on the website yet....assuming website update coming shortly.

MrM2016 Nov 6, 2019 5:36 am

Duplicate

lorcancoyle Nov 6, 2019 6:20 am

The bonus posts at the end of the promo apparently, so not sure site will update (per Hilton comment above)

Please allow up to eight weeks after offer end date for the additional Marriott Bonvoy bonus points to be awarded. Marriott Bonvoy bonus points do not count towards elite tier qualification.

UKTraveller4Fun Nov 7, 2019 5:09 am

I did not get an email and contacted Centurion and after taking the morning to speak to their back office they have confirmed to me the offer is not targetted and open to all UK Personal and Small Business Membership reward account holders!

FT-Diplomat Nov 22, 2019 9:23 am

Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun (Post 31710797)
I did not get an email and contacted Centurion and after taking the morning to speak to their back office they have confirmed to me the offer is not targetted and open to all UK Personal and Small Business Membership reward account holders!

Maybe that's specific to Centurion accounts...

I contacted Amex support via the chat function: was told it's targeted to those who got the e-mail and was told it only works if you transfer using the link on the e-mail to do so (take it with a pinch of salt as we know how sometimes these support teams are misinformed, but the agent checked with the team twice on this).

As a side note, on the basis that when asking if they sent me an e-mail (my spam tends to eat-up everything that's not a personal email), and further asking if they could tell me if I am eligible for a promotion the answer was "sorry, we don't know" on both counts, I filed a complaint so that it's escalated and hopefully central teams start giving support teams the tools they need to answer valid client queries such as this one...

P:S: can anyone post the link they received on the e-mail to analyse what that URL contains?

barriei Nov 29, 2019 11:40 am

At first the agent told me that it was only for people with the email but then came back to me and said that the offer is open to all card members. Great timing for me as I'm just about to close my Gold card down.

continentalclub Jan 8, 2020 12:25 am

Are there any reports of the bonus having been posted to member accounts yet?

MrM2016 Jan 8, 2020 2:53 am

Originally Posted by continentalclub (Post 31922539)
Are there any reports of the bonus having been posted to member accounts yet?

Hasn't posted for me yet. Transfer completed early in the promotion.

UKTraveller4Fun Jan 8, 2020 3:28 am

I am past the 8 week window that was said in the promo and have lodged a complaint with Centurion, expecting an update today or tomorrow.

Eskimoboy Jan 8, 2020 4:08 am

Originally Posted by MrM2016 (Post 31922859)
Hasn't posted for me yet. Transfer completed early in the promotion.

Same for me. I raised it with Amex on Friday and they sent it off for investigation after i provided evidence of a chat conversation i'd had with amex where they confirmed i was eligible for the offer. Hopefully will have the points in 7 working days apparently

MrM2016 Jan 8, 2020 4:10 am

Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun (Post 31922941)
I am past the 8 week window that was said in the promo and have lodged a complaint with Centurion, expecting an update today or tomorrow.

It's 8 weeks after Tuesday 31 December, isn't it?

Relevant section of T&C below:
Redeem for this exclusive offer from 00:01 on Friday 1 November to 23:59 on Tuesday 31 December 2019, to receive 50% additional Marriott Bonvoy bonus points. Please note that your points will be transferred to your Marriott Bonvoy account within five working days. Please allow up to eight weeks after offer end date for the additional Marriott Bonvoy bonus points to be awarded. Marriott Bonvoy bonus points do not count towards elite tier qualification.