Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Calgary Airport (YYC)

Old Oct 31, 19, 1:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M (LX/LH), Marriott Platinum, Accor Silver, AF/KL Silver, Swiss Railway

I am looking for a hotel when I arrive at Calgary Airport.
Lots of choices... either in Terminal or via free airport shuttle.

Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Gigantor; Nov 1, 19 at 12:27 am
Old Oct 31, 19, 5:15 am

Programs: DL 1.8MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
I am looing for a hotel when I arrive at Calgary Airport.
Lots of choices... either in Terminal or via free airport shuttle.

Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Iíve only stayed at the Calgary Westin Airport twice but their Titanium recognition is very solid with a very good lounge for breakfast and itís not that far from the airport. Pricing is usually very reasonable and the service is friendly. I havenít stayed at the Marriott inside the terminal yet so I couldnít speak to itsí service but the location looks very convenient.
Old Oct 31, 19, 5:25 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
I stayed at the Marriott in terminal earlier this year and it was fantastic. Physically nice, a lobby/restaurant with genuine atmosphere for an airport hotel. Best part is it's not attached the the terminal like most 'in terminal' hotels but literally integrated into it, meaning the walk to check in was 30 seconds.
Old Oct 31, 19, 5:49 am

Programs: AC-E50K, MR LTT, IHG Gold, BW Diamond Select
I will second the Marriott in-terminal as far above the other options. While the Westin is the newest build, on my three stays there, I found the lounge to be the weakest of the options nearby (may just have been timing), and the other F&B mediocre.
Old Oct 31, 19, 8:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
In September this year, we stayed at the Westin Airport and found the restaurant and other service to be very good. Only problem is that we could not access the room until 3:00 pm.
Old Oct 31, 19, 9:30 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: DL Diamond; SPG Platinum; sometimes other things too
The Marriott is very nice -- in the terminal building so super easy to/from flights, and excellent club lounge offering in the evenings, if that's a consideration. It's usually priced accordingly.

The Delta hotel is right across the street from the terminal but much less nice.

The Westin is a short shuttle ride away. New, but I find it underwhelming. Lounge is not as good as the Marriott but still reasonably good by North American standards.

Sheraton, Courtyard, Residence Inn, Element, and Four Points are all a longer shuttle ride (15-20 minutes) away on the other side of the airport ... none are particularly good. Sheraton does have a decent steakhouse. Courtyard/Residence Inn are also pretty new but exactly in line with what you'd expect for those brands.
Old Oct 31, 19, 9:35 am

Programs: WS Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, AC 100K, INtercontinetal Ambassador, Avis Prefered Plus
Hands down the Marriott In Terminal, super modern, great M lounge, customer orientated, run-way view rooms, never had early check in denied. Supper comfortable bright rooms.

The Delta is dark and old but less expensive.
Old Oct 31, 19, 9:39 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
We stayed at the Delta in-terminal and regretted not staying at the Marriot across the way. We chose the Delta because of less points - don't.
Old Oct 31, 19, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M (LX/LH), Marriott Platinum, Accor Silver, AF/KL Silver, Swiss Railway
Sounds like the In-Terminal Marriott wins...
Old Oct 31, 19, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LTP, Le Club Accor hotels Plat
Good choice. Another vote for the Marriott. Stayed back in March for a night. The club lounge was well above average for food (ok for space and ambiance). Pleasant staff. Rooms ok and new, but the dťcor is very bland with somewhat uncomfortable furniture. Bed good. Bathroom nice enough.
Old Oct 31, 19, 12:51 pm
ryw

Programs: WN A, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Stayed at the Delta before a couple years ago (because there was a big price difference with the in-terminal Marriott). Works fine if you just need a bed to sleep in for a few hours, and maybe have breakfast in the restaurant (as there's no lounge), but that was about it. Pretty dated property. Would probably choose the Marriott if prices were within a reasonable range of each other, or if I had a stay longer than 10 hours.
Old Nov 1, 19, 9:41 am

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MP 1K,Bonvoy Tit, LTG
The last time we were there there wasa greater than $100 difference between the Delta and the Marriott. For a late night ( 11pm) arrival and 7 am departure the Delta was fine. Old and dated as said but clean and safe. If all you plan to do is sleep I'd go for the Delta TBH.
ryw likes this.
Old Nov 17, 19, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Sounds like the Marriott YYC is a winner... I'll give that property a try in early December.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: