Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Does hotel stays get posted after check-out?

Old Oct 29, 19, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG

So I'm currently enrolled in the Platinum challenge and I've already completed 16 nights. My status still haven't changed despite completing my 16th night more than a week ago. I'm assuming the hotel sends the info to Marriott after I check out?

So here's the thing, I'm currently in China. I was supposed to be in Hangzhou for a week, but that got extended to two weeks and counting now. After my first week, I basically added a new reservation everyday. In the morning, the front desk staff update my key card and told me they'll merge my reservations into one. Could that be complicating things? I guess it's not all bad as the Courtyard here is essentially giving me Platinum benefits. They appreciate my business and are giving me free breakfast, dinner buffet, and promised me 4 PM check out whenever that is. I would still like to see my status get updated though.
Old Oct 29, 19, 7:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's sounds to me like you haven't checked out yet.
Old Oct 29, 19, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
It's sounds to me like you haven't checked out yet.
Cuz I don't want to change rooms. Maybe I can just tell the manager to check me out and check me in at the same time?
Old Oct 29, 19, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
Cuz I don't want to change rooms. Maybe I can just tell the manager to check me out and check me in at the same time?
It wont help. The system will see you were already in the hotel. You need to checkout for one night .
Old Oct 30, 19, 1:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
It wont help. The system will see you were already in the hotel. You need to checkout for one night .
Oh, so I'll need to check into another hotel? Like I can't check out in the morning and check in at night on the same day at the same hotel?
Old Oct 30, 19, 1:06 am

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
Oh, so I'll need to check into another hotel? Like I can't check out in the morning and check in at night on the same day at the same hotel?
Nope
lsquare and Antarius like this.
Old Oct 30, 19, 1:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by itisme View Post
Nope
Gotcha. Gotta check into a different hotel to get the results posted!
Old Oct 30, 19, 6:35 am

If you check out one morning and check into a new reservation as in a new confirmation # back into same hotel the reservation that you checked out should post within a few days. You donít have to change hotels.
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 30, 19, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER View Post
If you check out one morning and check into a new reservation as in a new confirmation # back into same hotel the reservation that you checked out should post within a few days. You donít have to change hotels.
In general this is not correct. You may have two different confirmation numbers. However you end up with one folio. True even if you don't mention you were already in the hotel.
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Oct 30, 19, 11:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Hotels merge consecutive reservations into a single stay. However, if you check out and pay, someone at the hotel who knows how can post your nights and points if the hotel is willing. You could try asking the front desk supervisor/manager.
writerguyfl, flyerCO and KRSW like this.
Old Oct 30, 19, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Hotels merge consecutive reservations into a single stay. However, if you check out and pay, someone at the hotel who knows how can post your nights and points if the hotel is willing. You could try asking the front desk supervisor/manager.
That was how the 4Ps at Perth Australia handled my stay 3 weeks ago. I had 3 reservations one for an individual night for 3 consecutive nights - because they were all booked at different time as our plan kept evolving.

At check in I asked the FD how they would like to handle it. They thought having a clean accounting, i.e. settling the account each morning was the easiest for them.

I did not have to do a thing, not even reprogramming the keys. They did everything in the system and a folio is emailed to me as well as handed to me when I dropped by after breakfast. Each night was posted after 2 days together with the points earned.
Old Oct 30, 19, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAEE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat, US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER View Post
Agreed. I do this all the time and receive separate folios. Convenient when I need clean bills to invoice different clients.

Downside is the later stay may not post correctly but a missing Stay request quickly resolves.
Old Oct 30, 19, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Segments View Post
Agreed. I do this all the time and receive separate folios. Convenient when I need clean bills to invoice different clients.

Downside is the later stay may not post correctly but a missing Stay request quickly resolves.
Regardless of what is done, per rules you dont qualify for an extra stay credit. Points yes, nights yes, stay no. In most caae, everything is put on one folio by system. Some keep separate folios for each confirmation, but the system then consolidates it into one for program purposes. Rarely (I believe only with manual intervention, but can be wrong about this part) hotel system will treat consecutive bookings as truly 100% separate bookings (as if stated at different hotels).
ryw likes this.
Old Oct 30, 19, 5:28 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAEE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat, US CP (RIP)
Since Marriott status is calculated by nights not stays I didnít think it was necessary to clarify, but yes only one stay. Stays are relevant to current bonus promotion but not earning status.
Old Oct 31, 19, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Wow, that was fast. I checked out yesterday afternoon and less than 10 hours later, my account is now showing that I'm a Platinum Elite.

The funny thing is that under LT status, I see 31 nights. I think it's including the 15 nights from my credit card. Is that normal?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: