Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

How quickly is new (platinum) status recognized?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2019, 12:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Platinum & 2.0MM; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium and Lifetime Gold; Hyatt and Hilton Honors peon

Hi, I will hit 50 nights when I check out of a Marriott hotel in Singapore on December 6. I will subsequently stay for 6 nights at a Marriott brand hotel in Malaysia, checking in on December 9.

Will my Platinum status be recognized (reflected in my account or on the Bonvoy app) by the time I check in on December 9?

I ask because I am wondering if I should book a room with breakfast or Club Lounge access, or if I will automatically get that when I check in on Dec 12.

Thanks!

John H
Old Oct 23, 2019, 12:20 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Depends on when your SG stay posts. As soon as your 50th night stay posts then your status will be upgraded and the next hotel will recognize it.

In my experience, your SG stay will post the day after you check out some time in the afternoon. Most of my stays in Asia post in the afternoon of the day after I check out. I'd say you will be fine. But, no guarantees. Which hotel in SG?
Old Oct 23, 2019, 12:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Platinum & 2.0MM; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium and Lifetime Gold; Hyatt and Hilton Honors peon
Thanks so much. The Four Points Sheraton on Havelock Road.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 2:47 am

Asia usually posts two days after
Old Oct 23, 2019, 2:47 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by jh6000
Thanks so much. The Four Points Sheraton on Havelock Road.
I've stayed there three or four times. Next time, as a Platinum, you will get two hours of drinks in the bar each evening which is a real bargain for Singapore given the room rate and the cost of alcohol in this city. Nice hotel given the price. Probably the best value in SG for Bonvoy members.

I'm checking my account and I had two stays this summer. First checkout was on 16 June and stay posted on 17th June. Second stay checkout was 11 August and stay posted 12 August so they have a good track record. So, two promising data points for you.

Personally, I'd assume the stay posts and you will get the Platinum benefits. If, for some reason, they don't (and I think this is unlikely) then I'd throw myself on the mercy of the Malaysian hotel with my receipt from the Four Points and argue my case.
kalo93406 likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 2:57 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
As a note, when I was rolling up status tiers last year I was able to get a stay expedited onto my account since it was going to push me over the threshold (I forget whether it was Gold/Platinum or Platinum/what-is-now-Titanium) and the latter stay was decent-sized (so it would impact my earning in a significant way).
Old Oct 23, 2019, 10:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My guess would be that Design Hotels and new hotels/brands would tend to post with delays. I'd expect a standard chain property in Singapore to be very efficient about this.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 12:37 pm

I suggest to tweet to Bonvoy immediatly after your last stay with your bills attached & inform them you will become platinum if they can credit the stay immediatly. I did it and with in one hour they credited the stay...bingo platinum!
360guy and Dublin_rfk like this.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 8:13 am

dont know if your stay ends on a weekend, but I've found that the hotels don't post over the weekend. just a thought and my experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.