Search

Courtyard $10 / Day Cut Off Time

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2019, 7:46 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Courtyard $10 / Day Cut Off Time

So this past weekend in Austin, I ran into some issues with by $20.00 (2 people in room) elite F&B credit. The credit isn't cumulative which I already know, but I had issues because I did not understand the cutoff time to use the credit each day. In the end, the front desk went ahead and waived the charges so it did not cost me anything but what is the official cut off time? My mistake was assuming it would be midnight each day. What I'm still not clear on is if it is by noon the official checkout time each day or three the official checkin time each day. The front desk agent tried to explain it to me but the more she tried to explain it, the more I got confused.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 8:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by seat38a
What I'm still not clear on is if it is by noon the official checkout time each day or three the official checkin time each day. The front desk agent tried to explain it to me but the more she tried to explain it, the more I got confused.
As I understand it, the cut-off is five minutes prior to whenever you try to use it.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by seat38a
So this past weekend in Austin, I ran into some issues with by $20.00 (2 people in room) elite F&B credit. The credit isn't cumulative which I already know, but I had issues because I did not understand the cutoff time to use the credit each day. In the end, the front desk went ahead and waived the charges so it did not cost me anything but what is the official cut off time? My mistake was assuming it would be midnight each day. What I'm still not clear on is if it is by noon the official checkout time each day or three the official checkin time each day. The front desk agent tried to explain it to me but the more she tried to explain it, the more I got confused.
The one time I opted for the credit, it was clearly explained that it expired at 4PM (official elite checkout hour) the next day.
markko and seat38a like this.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 12:59 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
The one time I opted for the credit, it was clearly explained that it expired at 4PM (official elite checkout hour) the next day.
Good to know. The agent who checked me in wasn't "sure" if I got $20.00 per day since there were 2 of us in the same room, so I'm guessing she wasn't sure about the cutoff times as well.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Whatever it is officially, it will be purposely over complicated, vague and open to different interpretations by every single Courtyard like everything else Marriott...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.