Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Converting from Signature card to Boundless

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2019, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bear Backers

Seems like annual fee is the same. 35k instead of 25k certs. Any chance I would get the 100k bonus? Should I just apply new and then cancel the old card later?
Old Oct 22, 2019, 10:22 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by oskidunker
Seems like annual fee is the same. 35k instead of 25k certs. Any chance I would get the 100k bonus? Should I just apply new and then cancel the old card later?
You just missed an upgrade bonus. 2 free 35k nights for doing the conversion - ended at the end of Sept.

They've been consistently offering something since the card launched. I would wait for the next offer.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bear Backers
How did you receive the offer? Us mail? A message when you signed in to the web site? I called them and they would not offer me anything .i know I missed the last offer. What were previous offers? Any points instead of certs?
Old Jun 8, 2020, 4:20 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Can the reverse be done? Used to have Chase Marriott Premier -> Upgraded to Chase Bonvoy Boundless -> Want to downgrade to $45 AF (Marriott) Bonvoy card (goal is to get 1 elite night per 3k spend feature back). It's still listed https://creditcards.chase.com/marrio...wards_benefits

I'm aware that the following personal cards exist (from low AF to high):

Bonvoy Bold ($0 AF)

Marriott Rewards -> Bonvoy ($45 AF)

Marriott Premier -> Bonvoy Premier ($85 AF)

Marriott Premier Plus -> Bonvoy Boundless ($95 AF)

Ritz-Carlton Card ($450 AF)
Old Jun 8, 2020, 12:59 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

If you decide to apply for a new Boundless, there is an offer floating around for three free (up to 35K) nights certificates for $3K spend.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by msp3
Can the reverse be done? Used to have Chase Marriott Premier -> Upgraded to Chase Bonvoy Boundless -> Want to downgrade to [$85] AF (Marriott) Bonvoy card (goal is to get 1 elite night per 3k spend feature back).
The whole point of the new card is to wean people away from the old card, which is no longer offered by Chase.

Based in similar permutations over the years by Chase with their UA cards, I would think they will not let you go back. Chase and Marriott want to shut that card down, but do not want to breach the contracts (and detrimental reliance) of cardholders, perhaps leading to CFPB issues.

So they offer incentives to get cardholders to close the old cards voluntarily.

Of course, you could always telephone Chase and inquire. Use the number on the back of your old card.
Old Aug 30, 2020, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
15 Elite Nights for Chase Marriott Bold Visa?

I am referring my nephews and nieces to the Chase Marriott Bold Visa, with $0 annual fee. Does anyone know through direct experience whether the Bold card earns 15 Elite Nights per year for cardholders, presuming no other Marriott Bonv°y personal credit cards?

I inquired in the Chase forum one week ago, but apparently Marriott Bonv°y members do not frequent that forum.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32623700-post834.html
Old Aug 30, 2020, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
15 Elite Nights for Chase Marriott Bold Visa?

I am referring my nephews and nieces to the Chase Marriott Bold Visa, with $0 annual fee. Does anyone know through direct experience whether the Bold card earns 15 Elite Nights per year for cardholders, presuming no other Marriott Bonv°y personal credit cards?

I inquired in the Chase forum one week ago, but apparently Marriott Bonv°y members do not frequent that forum.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32623700-post834.html
Yes, it's not direct experience, but Chase says the Bold gets 15 Elite Nights:

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/mar...xoCU84QAvD_BwE
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.