Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2019 Q4 Global Promo : 'Unlock More' (29 Oct 19 - 14 Jan 20)

2019 Q4 Global Promo : 'Unlock More' (29 Oct 19 - 14 Jan 20)

    Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 26, 19, 11:46 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: margarita girl
Wiki Link
Official Announcement:




Unlock a world of possibilities with our new global promotion, Marriott Bonvoy™ Unlock More. Get 2,000 bonus points after two stays* — then you’ll unlock an additional offer for even more bonus points.

Register by December 31 to earn on stays at any of our participating hotels worldwide between October 29, 2019, and January 14, 2020. Make sure to book at marriott.com or with the Marriott Bonvoy App to earn with Unlock More and get the best rates.
Get ready to earn more from your travels and use your bonus points for free nights, flights, exclusive experiences and so much more.

Register now

*A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity on any points-eligible rate (“Qualifying Rate”).

Secondary Offers (Q4 2019):

2,000 bonus points after 4 additional stays.* Then keep earning 2,000 bonus points every 2 stays through Jan 14, 2020
4,000 bonus points after 2 additional stays
5,000 bonus points after 1 additional stay
6,000 bonus points after 3 additional stays
8,000 bonus points after 4 additional stays
10,000 bonus points after 1 additional stay
12,000 bonus points after 5 additional stays
15,000 bonus points after 6 additional stays
20,000 bonus points after 1 additional stay


Secondary Offers (all offers):

Print Wikipost

Old Nov 28, 19, 4:30 pm
  #586  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: SFO
Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG75K; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Posts: 42,245
Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post
All you had to do was call in.
True. But I would not have called in for this one. 2000 points not worth it.

And the "unlock" part? Reminds me of the old joke, "How do you keep a turkey in suspense?" (I'll tell you tomorrow)
margarita girl and Pocatello like this.
Kacee is online now  
Old Dec 1, 19, 10:44 am
  #587  
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seat 2A
Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Posts: 1,829
Just got complete 4 stays to get 2,000 points and 2000 additional points for each additional 2 stays thereafter...

What a complete joke. Cancelling the remainder of my 2019 Marriott stays and staying at Hyatt for double points instead.
ryandc99 is offline  
Old Dec 2, 19, 7:35 am
  #588  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Delhi, India
Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Posts: 26,675
i forgot to post my offer earlier....

Date of checkout of 2nd stay: november 19th....
Date the 2nd stay posted: november 22nd....
Date 2,000 points posted: november 22nd....
Date 2nd unlock offer received: november 25th....
Current status and nights YTD: ambassador....closing in on 100 nights....
The unlock offer received: 2,000 points bonus after 4 stays and then 2000 after every 2 stays....
Keyser is online now  
Old Dec 2, 19, 10:11 am
  #589  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
Posts: 759
Originally Posted by ryandc99 View Post
Just got complete 4 stays to get 2,000 points and 2000 additional points for each additional 2 stays thereafter...

What a complete joke. Cancelling the remainder of my 2019 Marriott stays and staying at Hyatt for double points instead.
I average about 150 nights per year. I've always stay Marriott first, Hilton second. So this year it worked out to roughly 110 Marriott and 40 Hilton. Marriott rewards me with 4 stays for 2000 points travesty as well. Yep, what a joke.

My blueprint for 2020: Hyatt first, Hilton second, Marriott third.
Cathay Dragon 666 is offline  
Old Dec 2, 19, 10:28 am
  #590  
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seat 2A
Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Posts: 1,829
Originally Posted by Cathay Dragon 666 View Post
I average about 150 nights per year. I've always stay Marriott first, Hilton second. So this year it worked out to roughly 110 Marriott and 40 Hilton. Marriott rewards me with 4 stays for 2000 points travesty as well. Yep, what a joke.

My blueprint for 2020: Hyatt first, Hilton second, Marriott third.
120 Hyatt and 76 Marriott this year for me.

Quite honestly I only use Marriott out of necessity, I would love to give it all to Hyatt, but some locations just don't have that option.
ryandc99 is offline  
Old Dec 2, 19, 11:31 am
  #591  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 380
2,000 bonus points after 4 additional stays.* Then keep earning 2,000 bonus points every 2 stays through Jan 14, 2020


I'm Titanium, with 4 stays booked until EOY... such crap.
omghaxcode is offline  
Old Dec 2, 19, 2:47 pm
  #592  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: In the air
Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Amb, Hilton Diamond, AMEX Plat
Posts: 6,444
Originally Posted by omghaxcode View Post
2,000 bonus points after 4 additional stays.* Then keep earning 2,000 bonus points every 2 stays through Jan 14, 2020


I'm Titanium, with 4 stays booked until EOY... such crap.
133 legacy SPG points per stay bonus
margarita girl and yurtripper like this.
EuropeanPete is offline  
Old Dec 3, 19, 4:57 am
  #593  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
Posts: 759
Originally Posted by omghaxcode View Post
2,000 bonus points after 4 additional stays.* Then keep earning 2,000 bonus points every 2 stays through Jan 14, 2020


I'm Titanium, with 4 stays booked until EOY... such crap.
We should do a poll, what are the offers for Ambassadors, Titaniums, Platinums, Gold, Silver, and entry member. I bet the offer gets better and better as you go from top to bottom.
Cathay Dragon 666 is offline  
Old Dec 3, 19, 5:03 am
  #594  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Shenzhen
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Cathay Pacific Gold
Posts: 883
Originally Posted by Cathay Dragon 666 View Post
We should do a poll, what are the offers for Ambassadors, Titaniums, Platinums, Gold, Silver, and entry member. I bet the offer gets better and better as you go from top to bottom.
I don't think so. I'm Titanium and have been 75-night equivalent for six or seven years. I got what is widely considered to be the most derisory offer (2000 points after another four stays). If it was inversely related to status then I'd have got something better than that. This offer would be reserved for Ambassadors.

I do believe that it's random. Just like the targeted offers. It's only human to want to believe that there is order to the universe and method to Marriott's madness and discussions on the algorithms they use certainly take up a lot of time that would otherwise be used drinking but all the evidence points to this being random. Random allocation explains everyone's bonus award.
emma dog and Kacee like this.
ftrichard is offline  
Old Dec 3, 19, 5:09 am
  #595  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto vicinity
Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Posts: 12,451
Originally Posted by Cathay Dragon 666 View Post
We should do a poll, what are the offers for Ambassadors, Titaniums, Platinums, Gold, Silver, and entry member. I bet the offer gets better and better as you go from top to bottom.
How would you explain post # 291?

Originally Posted by HB-IWC View Post


Just one more stay for an additional 20,000. Ambassador here with over 300 nights this year. Is this the end of the promotion? Or is there more to be unlocked?
Kacee and ftrichard like this.
margarita girl is online now  
Old Dec 3, 19, 6:28 am
  #596  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hotlanta.
Programs: I've gone underground!
Posts: 3,402
Originally Posted by ftrichard View Post
I don't think so. I'm Titanium and have been 75-night equivalent for six or seven years. I got what is widely considered to be the most derisory offer (2000 points after another four stays). If it was inversely related to status then I'd have got something better than that. This offer would be reserved for Ambassadors.

I do believe that it's random. Just like the targeted offers. It's only human to want to believe that there is order to the universe and method to Marriott's madness and discussions on the algorithms they use certainly take up a lot of time that would otherwise be used drinking but all the evidence points to this being random. Random allocation explains everyone's bonus award.
Totally agree. I got the 15k points after 6 stays.

I’m TIT with 115 nights and $18k in spend with 4 more stays/12 nights in the promo period already booked. I have no reason to book two additional nights —ie my personal and professional travel is already locked and loaded, and 15k points doesn’t entice me to spend ~$200+ on extra travel.
ftrichard likes this.
emma dog is offline  
Old Dec 3, 19, 7:34 am
  #597  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: BOM/DEL/GAU
Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Posts: 1,090
Marriott Titanium:

After I unlocked the 2000 OFFER:

I got 18K in the next 3 weekend stays in this order: 4k after the first stay, 6k after the second stay and 10k after the third. Although I am done with the first 2, and I have another booked up (on points however), I am contemplating whether to do a mattress run if an organic stay doesn't come up!
AvidFlyer1990 is offline  
Old Dec 3, 19, 9:15 am
  #598  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto vicinity
Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Posts: 12,451
Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990 View Post
Marriott Titanium:

After I unlocked the 2000 OFFER:

I got 18K in the next 3 weekend stays in this order: 4k after the first stay, 6k after the second stay and 10k after the third. Although I am done with the first 2, and I have another booked up (on points however), I am contemplating whether to do a mattress run if an organic stay doesn't come up!

The Unlock More offers expire on Jan 14.
The Targeted offers expire on Feb 29 (or 3 months after you register).

What you just posted is a targeted offer. See here.

Targeted Promotions, 2019
margarita girl is online now  
Old Dec 3, 19, 9:24 am
  #599  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Posts: 3,316
LT Titanium here.

Got 8K points after 4th stay. Done.

138 nights. No need to stay with Marriott now ($5K off ambassador)

Heading elsewhere as of now.
PhillyPhlyer40 is offline  
Old Dec 3, 19, 10:05 am
  #600  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: BOM/DEL/GAU
Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Posts: 1,090
Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post
The Unlock More offers expire on Jan 14.
The Targeted offers expire on Feb 29 (or 3 months after you register).

What you just posted is a targeted offer. See here.

Targeted Promotions, 2019
Oh, I didn't realise that. Thank you! So, margarita girl , that 2k offer would probably unlock a different promo I'd suppose? I tried looking for it, and surprised that I couldn't find any.
margarita girl likes this.
AvidFlyer1990 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread