Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2019 Q4 Global Promo : 'Unlock More' (29 Oct 19 - 14 Jan 20)

2019 Q4 Global Promo : 'Unlock More' (29 Oct 19 - 14 Jan 20)

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 26, 19, 11:46 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: margarita girl
Wiki Link
Official Announcement:

Unlock a world of possibilities with our new global promotion, Marriott Bonvoy™ Unlock More. Get 2,000 bonus points after two stays* — then you’ll unlock an additional offer for even more bonus points.

Register by December 31 to earn on stays at any of our participating hotels worldwide between October 29, 2019, and January 14, 2020. Make sure to book at marriott.com or with the Marriott Bonvoy App to earn with Unlock More and get the best rates.
Get ready to earn more from your travels and use your bonus points for free nights, flights, exclusive experiences and so much more.

Register now

*A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity on any points-eligible rate (“Qualifying Rate”).

Secondary Offers (Q4 2019):

2,000 bonus points after 4 additional stays.* Then keep earning 2,000 bonus points every 2 stays through Jan 14, 2020
4,000 bonus points after 2 additional stays
5,000 bonus points after 1 additional stay
6,000 bonus points after 3 additional stays
8,000 bonus points after 4 additional stays
10,000 bonus points after 1 additional stay
12,000 bonus points after 5 additional stays
15,000 bonus points after 6 additional stays
20,000 bonus points after 1 additional stay

Secondary Offers (all offers):

Print Wikipost

Old Nov 28, 19, 4:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG75K; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post
All you had to do was call in.
True. But I would not have called in for this one. 2000 points not worth it.

And the "unlock" part? Reminds me of the old joke, "How do you keep a turkey in suspense?" (I'll tell you tomorrow)
margarita girl and Pocatello like this.
Old Dec 1, 19, 10:44 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Just got complete 4 stays to get 2,000 points and 2000 additional points for each additional 2 stays thereafter...

What a complete joke. Cancelling the remainder of my 2019 Marriott stays and staying at Hyatt for double points instead.
Old Dec 2, 19, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i forgot to post my offer earlier....

Date of checkout of 2nd stay: november 19th....
Date the 2nd stay posted: november 22nd....
Date 2,000 points posted: november 22nd....
Date 2nd unlock offer received: november 25th....
Current status and nights YTD: ambassador....closing in on 100 nights....
The unlock offer received: 2,000 points bonus after 4 stays and then 2000 after every 2 stays....
Old Dec 2, 19, 10:11 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
Originally Posted by ryandc99 View Post
Just got complete 4 stays to get 2,000 points and 2000 additional points for each additional 2 stays thereafter...

What a complete joke. Cancelling the remainder of my 2019 Marriott stays and staying at Hyatt for double points instead.
I average about 150 nights per year. I've always stay Marriott first, Hilton second. So this year it worked out to roughly 110 Marriott and 40 Hilton. Marriott rewards me with 4 stays for 2000 points travesty as well. Yep, what a joke.

My blueprint for 2020: Hyatt first, Hilton second, Marriott third.
Old Dec 2, 19, 10:28 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Cathay Dragon 666 View Post
I average about 150 nights per year. I've always stay Marriott first, Hilton second. So this year it worked out to roughly 110 Marriott and 40 Hilton. Marriott rewards me with 4 stays for 2000 points travesty as well. Yep, what a joke.

My blueprint for 2020: Hyatt first, Hilton second, Marriott third.
120 Hyatt and 76 Marriott this year for me.

Quite honestly I only use Marriott out of necessity, I would love to give it all to Hyatt, but some locations just don't have that option.
Old Dec 2, 19, 11:31 am

2,000 bonus points after 4 additional stays.* Then keep earning 2,000 bonus points every 2 stays through Jan 14, 2020

I'm Titanium, with 4 stays booked until EOY... such crap.
Old Dec 2, 19, 2:47 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Amb, Hilton Diamond, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by omghaxcode View Post

133 legacy SPG points per stay bonus
margarita girl and yurtripper like this.
Old Dec 3, 19, 4:57 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
Originally Posted by omghaxcode View Post

We should do a poll, what are the offers for Ambassadors, Titaniums, Platinums, Gold, Silver, and entry member. I bet the offer gets better and better as you go from top to bottom.
Old Dec 3, 19, 5:03 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Cathay Pacific Gold
We should do a poll, what are the offers for Ambassadors, Titaniums, Platinums, Gold, Silver, and entry member. I bet the offer gets better and better as you go from top to bottom.
I don't think so. I'm Titanium and have been 75-night equivalent for six or seven years. I got what is widely considered to be the most derisory offer (2000 points after another four stays). If it was inversely related to status then I'd have got something better than that. This offer would be reserved for Ambassadors.

I do believe that it's random. Just like the targeted offers. It's only human to want to believe that there is order to the universe and method to Marriott's madness and discussions on the algorithms they use certainly take up a lot of time that would otherwise be used drinking but all the evidence points to this being random. Random allocation explains everyone's bonus award.
emma dog and Kacee like this.
Old Dec 3, 19, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
How would you explain post # 291?

Originally Posted by HB-IWC View Post

Just one more stay for an additional 20,000. Ambassador here with over 300 nights this year. Is this the end of the promotion? Or is there more to be unlocked?
Kacee and ftrichard like this.
Old Dec 3, 19, 6:28 am

Programs: I've gone underground!
Originally Posted by ftrichard View Post
I don't think so. I'm Titanium and have been 75-night equivalent for six or seven years. I got what is widely considered to be the most derisory offer (2000 points after another four stays). If it was inversely related to status then I'd have got something better than that. This offer would be reserved for Ambassadors.

I do believe that it's random. Just like the targeted offers. It's only human to want to believe that there is order to the universe and method to Marriott's madness and discussions on the algorithms they use certainly take up a lot of time that would otherwise be used drinking but all the evidence points to this being random. Random allocation explains everyone's bonus award.
Totally agree. I got the 15k points after 6 stays.

I’m TIT with 115 nights and $18k in spend with 4 more stays/12 nights in the promo period already booked. I have no reason to book two additional nights —ie my personal and professional travel is already locked and loaded, and 15k points doesn’t entice me to spend ~$200+ on extra travel.
ftrichard likes this.
Old Dec 3, 19, 7:34 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Marriott Titanium:

After I unlocked the 2000 OFFER:

I got 18K in the next 3 weekend stays in this order: 4k after the first stay, 6k after the second stay and 10k after the third. Although I am done with the first 2, and I have another booked up (on points however), I am contemplating whether to do a mattress run if an organic stay doesn't come up!
Old Dec 3, 19, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990 View Post
Marriott Titanium:

After I unlocked the 2000 OFFER:

I got 18K in the next 3 weekend stays in this order: 4k after the first stay, 6k after the second stay and 10k after the third. Although I am done with the first 2, and I have another booked up (on points however), I am contemplating whether to do a mattress run if an organic stay doesn't come up!

The Unlock More offers expire on Jan 14.
The Targeted offers expire on Feb 29 (or 3 months after you register).

What you just posted is a targeted offer. See here.

Targeted Promotions, 2019
Old Dec 3, 19, 9:24 am

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
LT Titanium here.

Got 8K points after 4th stay. Done.

138 nights. No need to stay with Marriott now ($5K off ambassador)

Heading elsewhere as of now.
Old Dec 3, 19, 10:05 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post
The Unlock More offers expire on Jan 14.
The Targeted offers expire on Feb 29 (or 3 months after you register).

What you just posted is a targeted offer. See here.

Targeted Promotions, 2019
Oh, I didn't realise that. Thank you! So, margarita girl , that 2k offer would probably unlock a different promo I'd suppose? I tried looking for it, and surprised that I couldn't find any.
margarita girl likes this.

Search this Thread