Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2019 Q4 Global Promo : 'Unlock More' (29 Oct 19 - 14 Jan 20)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 15, 2019, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Official Announcement:

Unlock a world of possibilities with our new global promotion, Marriott Bonvoy™ Unlock More. Get 2,000 bonus points after two stays* — then you’ll unlock an additional offer for even more bonus points.

Register by December 31 to earn on stays at any of our participating hotels worldwide between October 29, 2019, and January 14, 2020. Make sure to book at marriott.com or with the Marriott Bonvoy App to earn with Unlock More and get the best rates.
Get ready to earn more from your travels and use your bonus points for free nights, flights, exclusive experiences and so much more.

Register now

*A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity on any points-eligible rate (“Qualifying Rate”).

Secondary Offers (Q4 2019):

2,000 bonus points after 4 additional stays.* Then keep earning 2,000 bonus points every 2 stays through Jan 14, 2020
4,000 bonus points after 2 additional stays
5,000 bonus points after 1 additional stay
6,000 bonus points after 3 additional stays
8,000 bonus points after 4 additional stays
10,000 bonus points after 1 additional stay
12,000 bonus points after 5 additional stays
15,000 bonus points after 6 additional stays
20,000 bonus points after 1 additional stay

Secondary Offers (all offers):

Print Wikipost

2019 Q4 Global Promo : 'Unlock More' (29 Oct 19 - 14 Jan 20)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2019, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Finally received my Unlocked offer: 15K points after 6 more stays (FB19E).

Would have preferred FC19G - 20K points after 1 more stay.

Instead, I'll be looking for nights at Hilton and Hyatt for the next few months.

David
Old Nov 15, 2019, 6:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ride red
I can't seem to find this promo anymore.

I saw it in late Oct but was getting an error when I tried to register. Now I can't see it at all. Not on the website, not on the app.

Is it targeted?

I'm Gold with 18 nights so far. I've got 3 more nights/2 stays left this year... I know 2000 points isn't much but I'll take it if it's available.
It seems targeted to drive people away from Marriott! I’ve never known a promotion in all my life that has had such a negative effect. I’m now thinking of cancelling 2 stays in protest (pun intended) as they were just staycations in Hong Kong.
Pocatello likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 11:32 pm

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by DELee

Instead, I'll be looking for nights at Hilton and Hyatt for the next few months.

David
I got the same offer and will get the 15k with 6 stays, but it will be 6 short stays and other books elsewhere.

If the idea of the promo is to increase booking / spend this promo did the exact opposite it encouraged me to book 6 couple of night stays with Marriott and spend little on property when booking my longer stays elsewhere. 17k for 8 stays is in my opinion laughable and has barely any value!
Old Nov 16, 2019, 3:42 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
If the idea of the promo is to increase booking / spend this promo did the exact opposite it encouraged me to book 6 couple of night stays with Marriott and spend little on property when booking my longer stays elsewhere.
That’s generous. My stays with Marriott til the end of the period will be single night based on this promo.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 3:48 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Date of checkout of 2nd stay: 12 Nov
Date the 2nd stay posted: 14 Nov
Date 2,000 points posted: 14 Nov
Date 2nd unlock offer received: 16 Nov
Current status and nights YTD: TIT, 91
The unlock offer received: 15,000 Bonus Points after 6 stays.

I just wrapped up back-to-back nights at Marriott properties across the country. Because stays are posting slower, I guess I’m one of the luckier ones? My stay in Pasadena should count towards the 6 when it ever posts. However, this promo should’ve been based on nights. As I said in the previous post, there’s no incentive for me to stay more than one night from now through January, and that’s what I intend to do.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 4:35 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by uxb
That’s generous. My stays with Marriott til the end of the period will be single night based on this promo.
I was tempted but there are a few hotels within the Marriott portfolio that I really like and they treat me very well so I am not cutting my nose off to spite my face as such! What is for sure is all other stays are not going to Marriott!

I will hit 125 nights with Marriott this year, what they don't get, while SPG seemed to better is it could have been so much higher had they actually had working IT or some decent promo's. I have also spent more nights in Marriott hotels with points this year than any previous year by a long way!
uxb likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 6:22 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DELee

David
Exactly Hilton has triple points going on and I am currently doing long stays 3 -4 nights versus 2 or three stays a week.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 11:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Post above me, by uxb is almost identical to my data point.

Date of checkout of 2nd stay: 13 Nov
Date the 2nd stay posted: 14 Nov
Date 2,000 points posted: 14 Nov
Date 2nd unlock offer received: 16 Nov (shortly after midnight)
Current status and nights YTD: TIT, 91
The unlock offer received: 15,000 Bonus Points after 6 stays.

Additional Data Points:
Date of checkout of 3rd stay: 14 Nov
Date the 3rd stay posted: 16 Nov (sometime overnight, after promo unlock)
It’s been counted as one towards the six. I have three more additional stays currently booked.

I can’t find this in the terms of the promo, I might have a stay Jan 13-17 (not booked), does the stay need to be completed or started by Jan 14?
Old Nov 16, 2019, 12:20 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Plat
I tried to register via the link in the Wiki....And this is what I got:

"

A Note About This Promotion

We're sorry, but there was an error in directing you to this promotion.

The reason for this error could be:
  • You're trying to access a miles promotion and are a points-earner, or vice versa
  • You are not eligible for this promotion
  • This promotion has expired
Updating your earning preference is fast and easy; simply sign into your account. For all other issues, please contact Marriott Bonvoy Customer Support.

"

I guess I'll have to call in.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
My second stay just posted overnight. How long does it take to see my next promo?
Old Nov 16, 2019, 3:53 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
So here is my story:

Two paid stays in early November due to a last minute business trip. The second stay (one night) took ten days to post after my email to customer service.

Subsequent offer was unlocked on Nov. 14.

I had a paid stay from Nov. 10-13, which posted on Nov. 14, and did NOT count towards the unlocked Q4 offer.

Even worse, my unlocked offer is stay SIX more times and get 15K.

WHAT A COINCIDENCE, I had FIVE more cash reservations coming up when the offer was unlocked.

Im quite amused. And a little bit insulted by this whole affair.

Just cancelled three remaining cash reservations, moving them to points redemption/ AirBnB.

Meh. Marriott didn’t want to give me any Q4 points after the initial pathetic 2K. I have enough points to last me a while. Next two years I will burn them all while still a Titanium/ Plat. Then farewell!
Old Nov 16, 2019, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
So here is my story:

Two paid stays in early November due to a last minute business trip. The second stay (one night) took ten days to post after my email to customer service.

Subsequent offer was unlocked on Nov. 14.

I had a paid stay from Nov. 10-13, which posted on Nov. 14, and did NOT count towards the unlocked Q4 offer.

Even worse, my unlocked offer is stay SIX more times and get 15K.

WHAT A COINCIDENCE, I had FIVE more cash reservations coming up when the offer was unlocked.

Im quite amused. And a little bit insulted by this whole affair.

Just cancelled three remaining cash reservations, moving them to points redemption/ AirBnB.

Meh. Marriott didn’t want to give me any Q4 points after the initial pathetic 2K. I have enough points to last me a while. Next two years I will burn them all while still a Titanium/ Plat. Then farewell!
I got an email today that my offer unlocked
4 stays 8000 points.
my current stay ends today and I only have 3 more coming up. This stay that ends today better count ugh
Old Nov 16, 2019, 6:33 pm

Hello, I made a redemption award stay. The elite night has been credited but it hasn’t been registered under this promo? Should that be that case? Thanks!
Old Nov 16, 2019, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by ellinj
My second stay just posted overnight. How long does it take to see my next promo?
Took two or three days for me.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by appledabble
Hello, I made a redemption award stay. The elite night has been credited but it hasn’t been registered under this promo? Should that be that case? Thanks!
You have to pay to play

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.