Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2019 Q4 Global Promo : 'Unlock More' (29 Oct 19 - 14 Jan 20)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 15, 2019, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Official Announcement:

Unlock a world of possibilities with our new global promotion, Marriott Bonvoy™ Unlock More. Get 2,000 bonus points after two stays* — then you’ll unlock an additional offer for even more bonus points.

Register by December 31 to earn on stays at any of our participating hotels worldwide between October 29, 2019, and January 14, 2020. Make sure to book at marriott.com or with the Marriott Bonvoy App to earn with Unlock More and get the best rates.
Get ready to earn more from your travels and use your bonus points for free nights, flights, exclusive experiences and so much more.

Register now

*A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity on any points-eligible rate (“Qualifying Rate”).

Secondary Offers (Q4 2019):

2,000 bonus points after 4 additional stays.* Then keep earning 2,000 bonus points every 2 stays through Jan 14, 2020
4,000 bonus points after 2 additional stays
5,000 bonus points after 1 additional stay
6,000 bonus points after 3 additional stays
8,000 bonus points after 4 additional stays
10,000 bonus points after 1 additional stay
12,000 bonus points after 5 additional stays
15,000 bonus points after 6 additional stays
20,000 bonus points after 1 additional stay

Secondary Offers (all offers):

Print Wikipost

2019 Q4 Global Promo : 'Unlock More' (29 Oct 19 - 14 Jan 20)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2019, 4:48 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by jtwiz
I'll be checking out of a 7-night stay in London on Oct. 30th. I am assuming that the one night of promo eligibility (the 29th) will count as my first stay even though I actually will have checked in several days earlier. Any thoughts? (and yes, it is a lame promo...)
I was just going to post the same question : Is a stay from Monday 28 thru Thu 31 Oct considered to be 'during the promotional earning period' ?

The wording of the T&Cs is unclear.

Lurkers ?
Old Oct 15, 2019, 4:54 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Just looked at "Promotions Central"

In addition to "Stay twice. Get 2,000 bonus points. Then unlock your next offer."

I have also received "Double Elite Night Credits"...which is odd considering I'm lifetime Titanium.

I guess they want to "encourage" me to actually get to 75 nights this year (currently at 50...)
Old Oct 15, 2019, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
I was just going to post the same question : Is a stay from Monday 28 thru Thu 31 Oct considered to be 'during the promotional earning period' ?

The wording of the T&Cs is unclear.

Lurkers ?
It has always been that if any night falls within the promo period then the promo applies. Would be strange if that wasn't the case here
margarita girl and jtwiz like this.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 4:57 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
To me, the terms seem to suggest that after waiting a few days for the first 2 stays to post, you'll then be auto-registered for the next one, which is when the additional offer earning period starts, meaning if you have a 3rd stay, 4th stay etc immediately after and before the next offer posts, those stays won't count towards the second offer. Does anyone read it differently? They should have counted the eligibility of the second offer from the date you initially registered or 29th October, whichever is later.

Edit: Just read something similar above so maybe my interpretation is correct. If they had shown the various possible randomly awarded subsequent offers you could potentially unlock and made it like a game, it may have been interesting.
Agree with your assessment in how it will work! It is a sneaky and underhand way of missing a few stays with a promo in my opinion!
margarita girl likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
I am not sure if this is a super weak offer or if Marriott wants to insult our intelligence. That or they think customers are too dumb to figure out there are great promos with the competition.

Honestly, 1k extra points per stay if you stay twice? Then we will tell us they might have another terrible promo? And that is supposed to entice me to book stays at Marriott? Really? Are they serious?
Already booked thousands of dollars away from them and I don't see that change the slightest bit.

If they would tell us what the next step is, I might bite ... say double points for any further stays? I have a super high cost stay in January .... 4 nights @ $4k and would bite if I knew the 'beyond 2 stays' promo is decent.
Right now, Marriott has insulted me ... that is not a good thing to drive business.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 5:17 am

The promo after the unlock is probably 1000 pts for every additional stay
Old Oct 15, 2019, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
HAHAHA we waited until now for this flaming pile of garbage?

Well just got to 75 nights on Marriott with my quick overnight in Seoul this past Friday. Will definitely be booking Hilton for the rest of 2019 when booking revenue stays and continue my March to lifetime Plat next year when the stays will count towards my Titanium requalification (another genius move by Marriott to end the rollover)
Old Oct 15, 2019, 6:08 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Oh great. Another one of those over-complex promos which depends on stays posting in the proper order and introduces a dead period between the end of the second stay and the unlock of the second phase.

What could possibly go wrong ?
It's nice and simple. Rather like a clue on 3-2-1. If you imagine Ted Rogers explaining it, it won't make it any easier to understand, but at least you will think of Dusty Bin, which is where this promo belongs.
Oxon Flyer likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 6:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
What a lame and confusing promo. Hello Hyatt!!
Old Oct 15, 2019, 6:23 am
GAF

Programs: AA LT Plat, SPG Plat, CC gold, ICH Spire
Quite sad that a lack of promotion that inspires caused me to cancel 2 four night stays at resorts and moved the stays to Hotels.com with Capital one promo. Marriott might net more money not giving great promos, but I fear they are adding to their demise. As a Titanium member I feel they have lost their way.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Thought I remembered Marriott having this kind of promo before and found this.

2017 Fall MegaBonus (Sept 12 to Jan 15)

I was hoping the wiki might summarize the types of subsequent promos people were getting but no such luck. I’ll try to have a look at this thread later, but if anyone wants to give it a go, be my guest.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Marriott, just when I thought you couldn’t be any dumber, you go and do something like this...and totally redeem yourselves!

It’s these types of fresh, well designed promos that will keep your most loyal customers coming back for more!
Old Oct 15, 2019, 7:11 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
As a comparison, if I book a Hilton one-night stay right now, I get approximately 8K Hilton points— with Marriott its 1K Marriott Points and I have to book two nights minimum.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 7:12 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Well, I’m pleased I decided at the beginning of October to divert Bonvoy stays to pursue IHG’s Accelerate promo, with my “complete the lot” bonus it’s worth 72,000 points! Bonvoys “2,000 bonus after two stays, and then we’ll see” doesn’t really cut it!
Old Oct 15, 2019, 8:05 am

That was what I got last time:
1st: Stay twice, earn free night cert cat 1-5
2nd: Stay one more time and get 2,000 bonus points
3rd: Stay two more times and get 4,000 bonus points; then 1,000 bonus points after that.
margarita girl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.