Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Bonvoy: Chase Boundless vs. Amex Business

Old Oct 8, 2019, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM & 2MM; Marriott Titanium

Friends -

I apologize if this has been discussed before: I am trying to decide between the Chase Bonvoy Boundless vs. Amex Bonvoy Business. I already have an Amex Business Platinum (so don't feel the need for Amex Bonvoy Brilliant), and have been "spoiled" by the Amex customer service. So, my initial inclination was to jump to the Amex Bonvoy Business.

On second thought, I do travel internationally a lot, and many merchants in Europe and Asia do not accept Amex cards widely which makes the Bonvoy Boundless interesting.

Any insights?

Cheers.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 5:09 am
Original Poster

Any thoughts?
Old Oct 9, 2019, 10:09 am

I have both of those cards and after many evaluation decided to shelf Chase card and exclusively use AMEX Bonvoy. Without knowing your goals, it is hard to make a recommendation. Do you earn enough Bonvoy points by stays to satisfy your needs? Do you value the flexibility of AMEX points? Are you ready to sacrifice flexibility over earning potential of Chase Bonvoy? If you like the flexibility of points then have you considered Chase Sapphire or similar products?
Old Oct 9, 2019, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by agurg
I have both of those cards and after many evaluation decided to shelf Chase card and exclusively use AMEX Bonvoy. Without knowing your goals, it is hard to make a recommendation. Do you earn enough Bonvoy points by stays to satisfy your needs? Do you value the flexibility of AMEX points? Are you ready to sacrifice flexibility over earning potential of Chase Bonvoy? If you like the flexibility of points then have you considered Chase Sapphire or similar products?
Thanks for your reply. Bonvoy points are certainly important for personal stays, and realize that with Amex you get 4X points on restaurants and gas.

Could you please explain a bit more about the "flexibility" of using points for Amex Bonvoy Business vs. Chase Bonvoy? Are they different?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.