Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Do you eat dinner at the executive/club lounge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do you eat dinner at the executive/club lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2019, 12:26 pm

On family vacations, we like to lay low at the hotel after pounding the pavement during the day. The lounge then becomes a welcome respite in the evening and gives us the option either to use it as a light dinner, or to supplement our room service main course with sides, appetizers, and dessert from the lounge.
unclepants likes this.

Last edited by ntamayo; Nov 15, 2019 at 9:50 pm Reason: Grammar
Old Nov 15, 2019, 3:49 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, IHGPlat, RadGold, Marriott Plat, BW Diamond
Sometimes.... It depends.... on where I’m traveling and with whom... and if I/we don’t have any specific dining plans or ideas... and what the food offerings are in the lounge that particular night... and how I/we am/are feeling (busy/tired/under the weather/tired of eating out).

But YES! I’ve certainly eaten dinner at a club lounge on numerous occasions. Some hotels made this an easy choice (such as the Ritz Carlton Hotel Arts in Barcelona! and the Grand Hyatt Hong Kong!). But others provided sufficient food choices for me/us to have a decent enough meal (Grand Hyatt in NYC or the the Hyatt Regency Chicago) And even a little dessert afterward!

So my answer is YES! But not every night. And it may depend not only on exactly what the lounge’s food offerings are - although that’s a consideration of course - but how I/we are doing & feeling!

It sure is great to have lounge access & to have a choice - whether for a quick snack or drink OR to (try and) make a meal of it!
Old Nov 15, 2019, 5:06 pm

For leisure travel? Never. For work? Sometimes.

during a recent 4 night stay at the JW Marriott NYC Essex House, I saw many people going to town on the lounge buffet for dinner - huge salads, heaping plates of pasta, etc. That hotel has a pretty decent offering so I can see why people were using it as their evening meal.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 5:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Travelosopher
Sometimes.... It depends.... on where I’m traveling and with whom... and if I/we don’t have any specific dining plans or ideas... and what the food offerings are in the lounge that particular night... and how I/we am/are feeling (busy/tired/under the weather/tired of eating out).

But YES! I’ve certainly eaten dinner at a club lounge on numerous occasions. Some hotels made this an easy choice (such as the Ritz Carlton Hotel Arts in Barcelona! and the Grand Hyatt Hong Kong!). But others provided sufficient food choices for me/us to have a decent enough meal (Grand Hyatt in NYC or the the Hyatt Regency Chicago) And even a little dessert afterward!

So my answer is YES! But not every night. And it may depend not only on exactly what the lounge’s food offerings are - although that’s a consideration of course - but how I/we are doing & feeling!

It sure is great to have lounge access & to have a choice - whether for a quick snack or drink OR to (try and) make a meal of it!
Some hotels permit/encourage guests to order room service to be delivered to the lounge. It can feel less isolating that eating room service dinner in one's room.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 1:43 am

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
And marriott has also told the sheraton grand Salzburg to reduce to get inline with marriott standard...
That's SO SAD! I didn't know

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.