Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

No more status on corporate bookings at Marriott ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more status on corporate bookings at Marriott ?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2019, 12:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This has nothing to do with Marriott, your corporate TA, or the TA's compliance software such as Concur. It has everything to do with the rates the TA's customer has chosen to use. That customer is not you. Rather, it is your employer and your beef is with your employer.

Your employer may have done this wittingly or unwittingly and it is often the latter. But, it may also have chosen to have the software limit travelers to lower rates which do not qualify. Essentially, the employer is not willing to subsidize lounge access and upgrades.

Bottom line is that you have a chat with your travel people to figure out why this is and whether it is fixable or whether you should e having a second chat. This time with a head hunter.
C17PSGR and andrewstahl like this.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 11:18 am
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
It would be unusual for a travel agency agreement to require the company to use booking.com or HRS content. But I suppose it's possible.

Talking to a headhunter because you don't like the points situation (likely a temporary issue) seems a bit overly dramatic.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by TBD
It would be unusual for a travel agency agreement to require the company to use booking.com or HRS content. But I suppose it's possible.
But quite possible for the company to have a travel policy that requires usage of the lowest rate, which might be a booking/expedia rate that doesn't earn points. The travel agency would then apply the policy directed by the company.

Marriott is, of course, pretty removed from that process.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 3:46 pm
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
But quite possible for the company to have a travel policy that requires usage of the lowest rate, which might be a booking/expedia rate that doesn't earn points. The travel agency would then apply the policy directed by the company.

Marriott is, of course, pretty removed from that process.
That's more likely, yes.
Marriott is removed from the decision, but this puts significant pressure in Marriott to extend points to these fares. As I say above, the whole point of Marriott Rewards is for the hotel chain to influence corporate travelers.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 3:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
That ticks off the large corporate accounts which expressly don't want to be in the business of subsidizing their employee's perks. Petty and short-sighted as it might be, there is a market for those rates.

Again, all comes back to the employer.
C17PSGR likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.