Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Eat Around Town’ Program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2019, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver

Points for dining in the USA.

Members who are U.S. residents can start earning by simply visiting EatAroundTown.Marriott.com, creating a dining profile, and linking a credit or debit card. From there, their points will automatically be tracked when they dine at participating restaurants, allowing them to earn every time they use their linked card.

https://www.travelpulse.com/news/hot...n-program.html
margarita girl likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Thanks for posting. Interesting - when I looked up the restaurants for my area, they're the exact same as the United MilePlus Dining program. So I think I would have to chose one or the other, United or Marriott points.

I wonder if I registered the same card, would I get both?
Old Oct 2, 2019, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
FYI - registered the credit card I use for Mileage Plus Dining with Marriott's new program, and instantly got an email:

"We're so happy you've been enjoying dining with us. We noticed that you recently moved a credit or debit card to another dining program.
Each card can only be registered in one dining program, so you will no longer be earning MileagePlus® award miles with that card ".

So that answers it
Isochronous likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 5:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Tit, Hyatt Diamond, AA EXP, UA Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by tstauck
Thanks for posting. Interesting - when I looked up the restaurants for my area, they're the exact same as the United MilePlus Dining program. So I think I would have to chose one or the other, United or Marriott points.

I wonder if I registered the same card, would I get both?
The dining programs are all run by the same company. If you register a card with one it’s not going to slip their notice.
KRSW, tstauck and Beltway2A like this.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 5:42 pm

The participating restaurants are pretty mediocre
Old Oct 2, 2019, 9:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; WN A-list; UA Silver
Originally Posted by skooby
The participating restaurants are pretty mediocre
Mostly, except here the best Sushi restaurant in town is on it somehow.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 7:55 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Delta Sky Miles, and S&H Green Stamps
So is this "like" double dipping if the card already earns Bonvoy points for non-Marriott restaurant spend?
Old Oct 4, 2019, 12:20 am

Not a compelling offer. Yep, it's the same RewardsNetwork group that runs this for all of the major airlines, Hilton, and others. With the current "limited time" offer, Marriott's giving you 8 pts per $ spent...which works out to about 5% cash equivalent back. Rakuten (formerly eBates) will give you 5% cash back all the time if you use them as your target for RewardsNetwork.

It also looks like the intro offer isn't valid for any of us who already use RewardsNetwork with other targets (ie: airlines/Hilton/etc).
Old Oct 4, 2019, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by KRSW
It also looks like the intro offer isn't valid for any of us who already use RewardsNetwork with other targets (ie: airlines/Hilton/etc).
It, in my reading of the terms, doesn't say that. Its just the standard RewardsNetwork wording that you can only get the initial bonus on one $30 visit, 1K, once.

I'll agree the new ebates/Rakuten offer is better if you earn Rakuten in Amex Membership Rewards and not cash back.

Personally I've been getting a bit over 1cpp from Marriott points, so 8x isn't bad and 6x is alright. unless you you've done 12 charges on one of the airline programs, so the it goes from 3X to 5X.

It really isn't a reason to pick a restaurant but luckily I have a couple decent lunch places on the list.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 2:03 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Has Marriott forgotten that they have members who live outside of the US or don’t they care?!
Clipper801 likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
Has Marriott forgotten that they have members who live outside of the US or don’t they care?!
I’m pretty sure RewsrdsNetwork as a company only operates in the US. I don’t believe it even has affiliated restaurants in Canada.

theyve run the shell gas rewards, AA, Delta, Alaska air, Hilton and IHG dinning rewards programs for years
Old Oct 4, 2019, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Ripley62
I’m pretty sure RewsrdsNetwork as a company only operates in the US. I don’t believe it even has affiliated restaurants in Canada.

theyve run the shell gas rewards, AA, Delta, Alaska air, Hilton and IHG dinning rewards programs for years
They used to be in Canada but pulled out about 8 yrs ago or so.
Ripley62 likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 6:35 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
As noted, the list is pretty "Meh". One of the standouts in my area is a college-area pizza place known as where you get a cardboard cheese pizza at 0300. Another is a restaurant I swore off after they refused to honor a gift certificate after a change in management (with no visible front-of-house alterations or signs that they weren't honoring gift certificates) with nothing more than a "Sorry". [1]

(There's actually one good place in my hometown, but I only get there once in a blue moon.)

[1] Which stung pretty badly since it was the last gift certificate my grandfather gave me and I had been something close to a school-year weekly regular there for several years and a reasonably steady patron for a long time, something which the bar staff conveyed to the owner.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 11:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Anyone else having trouble accessing the page? https://eataroundtown.marriott.com/
Old Oct 6, 2019, 1:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
Agreed. I’m getting fed up of everything being so US centric. Every time I go to the app, it advertises a credit card I can’t apply for and now this. They don’t even optimise their marketing according to the account holder’s registered location. It’s probably because there’s not a single promotion in Asia. Even the courtyard bonus points is USA only.
EuropeanPete likes this.

Last edited by yorkboy24; Oct 23, 2020 at 5:59 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.