Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SPG (UK) Amex Free Night Certificate & Suite Night Awards • Stackable?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2019, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Firstly, many thanks for taking time out to read this -- I greatly appreciate it.

Would anyone know if you can use a free SPG night certificate (up to a 25,000 points max hotel) IN TANDEM with a Suite Night Award? I have 9 SNAs to use before year-end, which I’ll not achieve.

From experience at participating hotels, once a booking has been made you'd be able to notice a “Use your Suite Night Award?” query within the booking itself. But, in making a dummy booking with my free night certificate at a Renaissance hotel at Heathrow last night, no such SNA offer was noticeable within the booking, and there are certainly suites at this hotel… does anyone know if these (free cert & SNA) do stack? (Certainly, my experience is also that SNAs are usable on redemption bookings — I used one at the St Regis Osaka in Feb — but would appreciate any FT reader experiences of trying to use them in concert with a SPG free night certificate booking.)

Many thanks in advance!
Old Sep 30, 2019, 11:42 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
Nothing about this scenario should prevent you using a SNA. A booking with a credit card certificate is the same as a redeemed points redemption. Both result in a e-certificate attached to your reward booking.

Why you cannot see any availability for this booking is something to ask the Lurker team here or on Twitter.

Edited: Removed incorrect statement on UK Amex.

Last edited by MrM2016; Oct 1, 2019 at 10:42 am
Old Sep 30, 2019, 1:31 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MrM2016
Finally, I recommend adjusting the title. It gives somewhat misleading hope to those of us with the SPG UK Amex that we might get a credit card cert!
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that you could possibly get a credit card cert (assuming your annual spend reaches the necessary milestone)?
Scoob72 likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Finally, I recommend adjusting the title. It gives somewhat misleading hope to those of us with the SPG UK Amex that we might get a credit card cert!
you can if you spend £25k in a year. Valid up to 25k points.
Scoob72 likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Nothing about this scenario should prevent you using a SNA. A booking with a credit card certificate is the same as a redeemed points redemption. Both result in a e-certificate attached to your reward booking.

Why you cannot see any availability for this booking is something to ask the Lurker team here or on Twitter.

MrM2016 -- many thanks for the above.

As mentioned above, a free night certificate in the UK is actually what I am talking about and have received -- spend £25k on the card and you will get a certificate good for Cat 1-4 hotels. So, there is a hope afoot.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hhoope01
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that you could possibly get a credit card cert (assuming your annual spend reaches the necessary milestone)?
Absolutely you can -- that is how I earned mine (in the UK).
Old Oct 1, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
My bad - had no idea that you could get a 25k cert on the UK card. Apologies. The rest of my post stands.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 10:57 am
Original Poster

My bad - had no idea that you could get a 25k cert on the UK card. Apologies. The rest of my post stands.
Much obliged, too. I have sent a message to Starwood Lurker, so I will update if I hear back. All the best
MrM2016 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.