Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alofts that allow 40+ lbs dogs

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2019, 4:15 am
Original Poster

Alofts that allow 40+ lbs dogs

Planning a road trip across the US and would like to stay in Aloft hotels as often as I can, since they don't charge extra for pets. However, dogs heavier than 40 pounds aren't guaranteed:

Aloft is happy to welcome your dog, up to 40 pounds. Their pet-friendly arf (SM) program offers a special bed, bowl, and a doggie bag of delicious treats and toys, all complimentary to use during your stay. If your dog is larger than 40 pounds, please contact the hotel directly to see about a waiver.
From experience, has anyone observed that Aloft hotels are generally liberal with their waivers for dogs over 40+ lbs?
Old Sep 30, 2019, 10:01 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by pkoo
Planning a road trip across the US and would like to stay in Aloft hotels as often as I can, since they don't charge extra for pets. However, dogs heavier than 40 pounds aren't guaranteed:

From experience, has anyone observed that Aloft hotels are generally liberal with their waivers for dogs over 40+ lbs?
First, few hotels actually challenge on weight since few hotels would have scales to actually measure a dog’s weight in the first place!

Second, it is easily enough done to contact hotels in advance to get permission for a larger dog. I’ve done this for years for our 115 lb dog. Not all hotels will allow it, but giving recommendation of previous hotels where we’ve stayed with our dog without incident has usually helped us get permission. One night stays should be even easier.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 10:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The aloft in Green Bay, Wisconsin (not located downtown and not next to the airport or football stadium either) seems particularly dog friendly in that they've partnered with the local humane society on a program to host a dog that's up for adoption. The guest dog has a large cage in the lobby where lots of people can visit, with guests or hotel staff sharing dog walking duties. [There's also a crate in one of the managers' offices for when the dog is exhausted from socializing with so many people, and where the dog sleeps at night.]

Now if Marriott/Bonvoy would just publish email addresses, it would be easy for the OP to contact a lot of alofts very efficiently and get answers in writing.
dgreen12, margarita girl and KRSW like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.