Annual Free Certificates Extension?

Old Sep 20, 19, 9:32 pm
Original Poster

Annual Free Certificates Extension?

Hi, does anyone know if the annual free certificate could be extended for another year? I know the previous 7-nights cert. could be done as I've did it once. Any info for be helpful as I have 3 that can't be used w/in the first year due to change of plans. Thanks!
Old Sep 23, 19, 4:54 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by TIGRIS23 View Post
Hi, does anyone know if the annual free certificate could be extended for another year? I know the previous 7-nights cert. could be done as I've did it once. Any info for be helpful as I have 3 that can't be used w/in the first year due to change of plans. Thanks!
It used to be possible to extend these, though asking to extend 3 may be a bit much. And they will typically only get extended if you call within a few weeks of expiration. They won't do anything if already expired.
Old Sep 23, 19, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
I happened to just ask this and they came back and advised no they don't extend the 7-night travel packages any more. One night certs might be the same. I know that they told people that they were changing the policy last year as the changeover occurred, but I was hoping they softened this. Maybe they will soften up next year - pretty much everything seems to be going downhill with the new Marriott Bonvoy so far!
Old Sep 23, 19, 5:47 pm
Community Director

My husband was allowed to extend a credit card cert just six weeks or so back.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 23, 19, 9:25 pm
BLG

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others
Originally Posted by escapefromphl View Post
It used to be possible to extend these, though asking to extend 3 may be a bit much. And they will typically only get extended if you call within a few weeks of expiration. They won't do anything if already expired.
It's still possible. I just had one extended in the last month. I think they gave me six months. I then used it after the old end date. It was no problem, just a quick call.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 25, 19, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BLG View Post
It's still possible. I just had one extended in the last month. I think they gave me six months. I then used it after the old end date. It was no problem, just a quick call.
Thanks for that info, BLG. Can you share that #? Thanks!
Old Sep 25, 19, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Gold, Amex Plat
It's a YMMV situation for sure. Clearly can be done, but you need a willing agent.
Old Sep 25, 19, 9:28 pm
BLG

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others
Originally Posted by TIGRIS23 View Post
Thanks for that info, BLG. Can you share that #? Thanks!
Just called a Marriott Elite Services Number. If you have a cert you are at least Silver so you'll have access to an Elite Services Number. I don't think it matters much which number you call.

Search this Thread