FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Annual Free Certificates Extension? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1988200-annual-free-certificates-extension.html)

TIGRIS23 Sep 20, 2019 9:32 pm

Annual Free Certificates Extension?

Hi, does anyone know if the annual free certificate could be extended for another year? I know the previous 7-nights cert. could be done as I've did it once. Any info for be helpful as I have 3 that can't be used w/in the first year due to change of plans. Thanks!

escapefromphl Sep 23, 2019 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by TIGRIS23 (Post 31547278)
Hi, does anyone know if the annual free certificate could be extended for another year? I know the previous 7-nights cert. could be done as I've did it once. Any info for be helpful as I have 3 that can't be used w/in the first year due to change of plans. Thanks!

It used to be possible to extend these, though asking to extend 3 may be a bit much. And they will typically only get extended if you call within a few weeks of expiration. They won't do anything if already expired.

GrizShel Sep 23, 2019 5:35 pm

I happened to just ask this and they came back and advised no they don't extend the 7-night travel packages any more. One night certs might be the same. I know that they told people that they were changing the policy last year as the changeover occurred, but I was hoping they softened this. Maybe they will soften up next year - pretty much everything seems to be going downhill with the new Marriott Bonvoy so far!

SanDiego1K Sep 23, 2019 5:47 pm

My husband was allowed to extend a credit card cert just six weeks or so back.

BLG Sep 23, 2019 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by escapefromphl (Post 31555870)
It used to be possible to extend these, though asking to extend 3 may be a bit much. And they will typically only get extended if you call within a few weeks of expiration. They won't do anything if already expired.

It's still possible. I just had one extended in the last month. I think they gave me six months. I then used it after the old end date. It was no problem, just a quick call.

TIGRIS23 Sep 25, 2019 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by BLG (Post 31556492)
It's still possible. I just had one extended in the last month. I think they gave me six months. I then used it after the old end date. It was no problem, just a quick call.

Thanks for that info, BLG. Can you share that #? Thanks!

cfischer Sep 25, 2019 7:29 pm

It's a YMMV situation for sure. Clearly can be done, but you need a willing agent.

BLG Sep 25, 2019 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by TIGRIS23 (Post 31563438)
Thanks for that info, BLG. Can you share that #? Thanks!

Just called a Marriott Elite Services Number. If you have a cert you are at least Silver so you'll have access to an Elite Services Number. I don't think it matters much which number you call.