FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Hotel U14, Autograph Collection - Helsinki, Finland [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1987945-hotel-u14-autograph-collection-helsinki-finland-master-thread.html)

timol Sep 19, 2019 2:28 am

Hotel U14, Autograph Collection - Helsinki, Finland [Master Thread]

U14, with 117 rooms, will be opening in February 2020, according to an article in Helsingin Sanomat.

Just behind the legendary Palace hotel, the location at Unioninkatu 14 is really central. It will be the fourth Marriott Group hotel in Helsinki, but is not yet available for bookings at marriott.com

brentford77 Jan 8, 2020 4:39 am

Any ideas anyone when this opens? Feb is only 3 weeks away...

Horace Jan 8, 2020 7:05 am

Originally Posted by brentford77 (Post 31923093)
Any ideas anyone when this opens? Feb is only 3 weeks away...

Even though Hotel U14, Autograph Collection currently shows "Opening Soon Feb 2020" on Marriott.com, I wouldn't count on it. Marriott.com is not yet taking reservations.

I would watch the following three websites:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...ph-collection/

https://hotelu14.fi

https://www.facebook.com/hotelu14/

joakgarp Jan 8, 2020 8:00 am

Yay claps for another nordic Hotel! Awesome. I think this is a pretty calm area but close to some nice locations. Will for sure stay here next time in Helsinki. Happy to stay away from an average Design hotel anyways.

bballdad175 Feb 9, 2020 12:36 am

Reply to my comment on instagram said they plan to open in March 2020.

sergent Feb 19, 2020 9:50 am

Seems to be open for reservations starting on March 16th. I just booked it for June.

HRSPGPutnik Feb 20, 2020 1:18 pm

Me too, but for March. I hope they will be nice with benefits :)

Kelju Feb 19, 2021 11:28 am

Had a pleasure of visiting this new(ish) Bonvoy property and enjoyed my stay there. Upgraded to nice corner room, nice decor, quite spacious and comfy bed. Not a suite, but very nice room. Hotel is about a year old and, maybe with Covid influence, still has a new hotel feel and smell. Room rate included breakfast so points as a plat amenity. Also offered 10€ F&B credit or 1000 points.

Very attentive staff and a nice restaurant. Unfortunately hadn't time for a dinner, but looked nice and positively crowded. Breakfast service also good, had the best carelian pies & egg butter for a long time, strong memories from the past when granny made those fresh from wood oven. Keep those on menu and i'll come back for more 👍

Definately a goto place for Marriott in Finland

rylan Feb 19, 2021 11:50 am

Glad to hear a good review, and to see its opened to replace the Klaus K that left the system back then. Was planning to go there last March but that got canceled when everything shut down due to Covid.

Muckus Oct 6, 2021 10:16 pm

Recent experiences at U14?

Does anyone have recent experiences to share? Any insighta on the proapects for an upgrade with Platinum status?

timol Nov 16, 2021 7:06 am

Originally Posted by Muckus (Post 33625098)
Does anyone have recent experiences to share? Any insights on the prospects for an upgrade with Platinum status?

U14 continues to be our place to stay in Helsinki. Upgrades to a decent higher category room ca 80% of stays - not a suite but enough chair/couch space for four to sit around the round table. Once we got a suite, once just a marginally (if at all) better room. Their 2021 innovation is the weekend (Sat&Sun) "slow breakfast" until 2pm. Not a brunch, but has become quite popular among the locals.

ForbesHall Nov 16, 2021 6:43 pm

I stayed at the U14 this past September for 5 night using points. Based on the rooms I saw available online, I used my SNA to upgrade from the base award room to a Luxe Larger room. Given the length of my stay, I didn't want to chance being stuck in a smaller room facing the interior courtyard for the whole week. Ideally, I wanted the corner room upgrade but the Luxe worked well with the walk-in shower and soaking tub. The service at the front desk was great and walked me through all the Platinum benefits better than any other Marriott property I've stayed this past year. The best benefit was the breakfast buffet. I loved the design of the restaurant. It made for a relaxing morning before starting the day. The small bar area in the restaurant, Version, was also a great place to end the day with a cocktail. And as a person that loves using mass transit, the 2 tram line is only a block from the hotel. I would definitely stay here again when in Helsinki.

Intl359Widget Mar 19, 2022 11:21 pm

Awesome & Tasteful Interior Decor with Excellent Service & Recognition.

This hotel is definitely now my top candidate in Helsinki especially with the Sokos Torin still undergoing renovations until April. The front desk upgraded us to a Corner Luxe room with a view of the sea which was a nice touch with the welcome note as well.

Breakfast was provided as an Ambassador due to the hotel not having a lounge in addition to the welcome points or $10 F&B choice. We absolutely loved the food at the restaurant and the blueberry juice was yummy. It’s a very Finnish thing to have which makes me wonder if we have any back home in Scotland or in the US too.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...00e437771.jpeg
Excellent Elite Recognition for Ambassadors.
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...838655973.jpeg
Luxe Corner Room on the 6th facing the Sea.
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...f48cf6b6c.jpeg
Spacious Bathroom with a Shower + Tub combination that worked very nicely during our stay.

escape4 Mar 23, 2022 12:00 pm

Hotel U14 Autograph Helsinki = Refreshing Hotel Worthy of Autograph Brand

Introduction Helsinki is not a city shock full of great hotels, I have not found one I completely liked before. Hotel U14 (Autograph) opened in 2020 and I tried it for the first time. I had a nice stay and can recommend this hotel, however it should be noted that this might not be the best fit for people looking for large suite upgrades as Marriott Bonvoy elites. Room My upgrade was originally to a Luxe room which was of a decent size by European standards (30 sqm) and built to a high standard such that it could be considered close to Luxury Collection. That room was on a low floor but with the double-glazed windows at least 10 cm apart we could not hear traffic noise from the street. The hotel fully belongs in the Autograph Collection for its non-boring design and I liked the hippo theme in the room; baby Minnie loved it even more although her use of hotel property was highly questionable LOL In the middle of our stay a corner suite became available and we moved to that room type (best available at that hotel) on a high floor. Obviously there was more space available and 1.5 bathroom which was convenient, but as far as suites go it was rather small at 41 sqm. If I compare to Hotel St.George (Design), many suites at StG are larger than the corner suite at U14 so if needing extra space U14 might not be the answer. Also one other negative I noticed about the suite is that we had a connecting door to another room and soundproofing was not as great as it was from the outer wall/windows – we could hear guests in the adjoining room. From our living room we had a small glimse of the sea between buildings. Dining Breakfast was good quality and the weekend version which extended to 2pm was quite popular with locals and non-guests of the hotel. There was an a la carte menu on weekends but it was out of bounds for the Platinum-Titatinum-Ambassador breakfast which was limited to the buffet, same as on week days.The buffet had a few dishes which stood out to make it an enjoyable breakfast instead of exclusively having standard items found anywhere else in the world. I particularly enjoyed the Succotash and the baked apples & oats. Wifi Wifi worked well with download speed of 60 Mbps and upload speed of 30 Mbps. Overall Overall U14 is solid and I would consider it upon returning to Helsinki. In general I value suite upgrades and here I suspect they don’t have many of them which makes the odds somewhat moderate. In addition, suites are not much larger than Luxe rooms anyway so when staying at U14 I would have to accept that I will not have the most space but the hardware will be very nice. If willing to pay more, Hotel St.George is clearly a notch above and has specialty suites available which are more spacious.

jimmathin Jul 6, 2022 2:52 am

Recently used an expiring free night cert here. Was upgraded to their "Luxe" room category at check in. View was of the interior courtyard. The room still retained the "new" feel and all of the tech was great, from lights to plug location.The one complaint I had was that the "Nighttime dim" light setting was still a bit too bright and the bedside lamps were also very bright with no dimming option that I saw. Bathroom and shower felt particularly nice both in styling and in function. Paid and extra 15eu for breakfast at check-in (20eu if added in the morning) and I would say the spread on a weekday was very good and the staff were very friendly. Overall I would say this is a fantastic option for a Helsinki stay and for an award night, I felt the price of 33k points was very reasonable.