Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Broadway Plantation - "we don't have what we sold you"

Old Sep 17, 19, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: MR/SPG LT PLT, AA LT PLT, HH GLD, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus

In May, I reserved a 3BR villa at this property for late December.
Your reservation has been confirmed for your upcoming stay at Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Villa Type: 3 Bedroom Lockoff Villa
I have since planned a trip with my extended family to stay here.

Now, nearly 4 months later and 3 months before our visit, I receive

The Plantation Phase does not have a 3bedroom lock-off unit; however we can confirm a 2 bedroom and a 1 bedroom which is what makes up the 3 bedroom lock-off. We will ensure to keep the units as close together as possible
How does a resort suddenly "not have" a type of villa that they still advertise on their web site and confirmed for a reservation months ago?
Old Sep 17, 19, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by CPRich View Post
How does a resort suddenly "not have" a type of villa that they still advertise on their web site and confirmed for a reservation months ago?
What did the property say when you asked them this question?
Old Sep 17, 19, 4:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It sounds like they were originally planning to give you adjoining two bedroom and one bedroom units (with the connecting door unlocked to form the three bedroom) but now they don't have any such units next to each other. For late December, maybe some owners have decided to use their real estate during this time or perhaps your unit was planned to be located in a building that won't be completed on time (the reference to Plantation Phase makes me suspect that the place is under construction).

Have you tried to call them and ask whether there might be some large specialty suite that would work for your extended family? Or perhaps there's a partner property nearby that would have the space you desire?
Old Sep 26, 19, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by writerguyfl View Post
What did the property say when you asked them this question?
They said they decided to refurbish every single 3BR unit during our stay, so...too bad, so sad.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
It sounds like they were originally planning to give you adjoining two bedroom and one bedroom units (with the connecting door unlocked to form the three bedroom) but now they don't have any such units next to each other. For late December, maybe some owners have decided to use their real estate during this time or perhaps your unit was planned to be located in a building that won't be completed on time (the reference to Plantation Phase makes me suspect that the place is under construction).
Close. Yes 2BR+1BR lockoffs with connecting doors. Not a matter of owners using them or new construction - they just decided to close them all down for renovation after confirming reservations for them. Many months earlier.

Nothing in terms of compensation, service recovery, etc. Just "We have a 2BR and a 1BR and we'll try to make them close to each other. Or you can cancel". Remember when they actually at least tried to make up for their screw-ups?

Guess my 80+ yo FIL can enjoy a nice winter walk outside between villas for our family vacation.

Yet another reason my 1900+ LTD nights translated to 1 YTD night with Marriott.
Old Sep 26, 19, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Or perhaps there's a partner property nearby that would have the space you desire?
Yes, they said they could offer me a 3BR in Orlando....

Search this Thread