Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Through Oct 18 2019, buy up to 100,000 Marriott points for $8.75 per 1,000

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Through Oct 18 2019, buy up to 100,000 Marriott points for $8.75 per 1,000

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2019, 8:34 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Two purchases. 11th and 16th Oct. The later one posted after just over 24 hours. The earlier one still hasn't posted yet. When I finally got an email about it, it said "Please allow up to ten business days". What kind of randomness is Marriott performing here?
Old Oct 20, 2019, 9:19 am

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
My 2 purchases from Oct 11th has just posted.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: SQ Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, DL Silver, AS MVP, B6 Mosaic, QR, EY, KE, CX, PR
Bought last Friday Oct 18 before the deadline. Posted earlier today. Maybe I got lucky.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 5:36 am

Programs: QF WP, SQ & VA Gold, IHG Spire AMB, HH Diamond + BA, AA, CX
Originally Posted by HiAperture
OK so finally this morning, with assistance from Marriott CS, my 100k points have appeared, purchased on 10/11.
Good result. How did CS help if you don't mind me asking? I've asked CS via Twitter, and got the 'high volume of transactions, working to resolve it' spiel.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: AA PPro
Originally Posted by guesswho2000
Good result. How did CS help if you don't mind me asking? I've asked CS via Twitter, and got the 'high volume of transactions, working to resolve it' spiel.
I PM'd the rep who posts here on FT who asked me to email them the details and got things rolling.
guesswho2000 likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by HiAperture
I PM'd the rep who posts here on FT who asked me to email them the details and got things rolling.
Thanks! I've sent Marriott Bonvoy Lurker II a PM. I'll rethink this in future, plan B will be to call Amex and moan about an unfulfilled purchase, but I won't lose hope entirely yet, they've still got a few days to resolve it...!
Old Oct 23, 2019, 4:57 am

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
32 days after my purchase of Marriott points, my money is back. Points never posted, lodged complaint against points.com, as it turns out it was error on their part and they returned the money. Marriott was entirely unresponsive the entire time, so no help at all.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Bought points on 17th. They posted same day. (Nearly 24 hrs, purchase was right after midnight)
Old Oct 24, 2019, 6:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Both points purchases I made on the 11th have now posted - the first on the 21st and the second today.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 7:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I made a purchase on Oct 17, credit card charged, no confirming email , no points.

Messaged the Twitter team today and they resolved it by "loaning" me the missing points and they will remove them from my account if/when the points properly credit.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 11:33 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by stant
Ha. Or you could like - do the math. The next expensive stay I'll have is for Christmas, in a room that would cost $10k if not for points. The property is giving me a value of a little over $0.02 a point. And yes, that's at the new dynamic pricing price. Some luxury properties actually went DOWN you know...

Or

I just booked a flight on my preferred carrier in a few weeks for a business class trip to Europe. With the current exchange rate I'm getting almost $0.04.

This price is dirt cheap. I'd buy a million points at that price if they let me.
Hmm. Some interesting word choices there (a room, some luxury properties, my preferred carrier). I suppose I’d find this argument a good bit more compelling with some actual data - how many points saved you $10k and where, exactly, and how many Marriott points went to which airline (your preferred carrier) for business class to Europe?

Originally Posted by TommyC80
Or in my case, via Bonvoy Moments, a 50k points purchase converted into two tickets for a premium New York Rangers game in December, with food and drinks, in a Luxury Suite at Madison Square Garden. There is no way I could have bought a pair of those tickets at all, let alone for $430.00

There is no universal answer to somone’s Utility on a points purchase.
This I must acknowledge. While I wouldn’t spend $43 dollars on what you mention - let alone $430 - it’s obviously one of those “eye of the beholder” type of scenarios...
Old Oct 26, 2019, 7:54 am

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
Hmm. Some interesting word choices there (a room, some luxury properties, my preferred carrier). I suppose I’d find this argument a good bit more compelling with some actual data - how many points saved you $10k and where, exactly, and how many Marriott points went to which airline (your preferred carrier) for business class to Europe?

Why? As someone who has been here as long as you, you should know darn well I'm speaking the truth.
But since you insist, I was talking about the Park Lane Marriott london and American airlines. People getting high return on their point spends are well documented. Just like other posters on this thread have said.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 7:10 am

To follow up and close out with my data point, the two purchases I made on 18/10 have finally posted (as of six minutes ago) - thanks to Christina/Marriott Bonvoy Lurker II, credit where due, who was actually really proactive and helpful, unlike the other departments, who were sympathetic but basically washed their hands of the issue deeming it outside their control (maybe/probably true, but arguably that's not my problem, and there's things that could have been done to make it good despite the problem).

Anyway, I'm off to burn some points, with two days to spare!

On another note, I had a travel package cert (old, pre-SPG merger days) expiring imminently which I finally decided needed redeeming, and when I called up on Saturday AM, the lady I spoke with couldn't have been more helpful, very painless transaction so again, credit where it's due.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 7:18 am

Purchased points on 10/11, 5 day later no points, messaged Bonvoy Customer Care, got the delay due to high demand bs.

Today 10/27, 16 days later, got an email from points.com about it posting to my account. I won't be participating in this hostage standoff in the future.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 9:51 am

The 100k points I purchased on 9/21 finally posted today on 10/27 after 9 phone calls, 6 emails. No real apology.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.