Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Bonvoy Off-Peak and Peak Redemption Rates, LIVE from 14 Sep 2019

Old Sep 26, 2019, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Marriott page on C&P:

https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/red...cash-points.mi

To view the calendar of Peak / Off-Peak points rates, on the booking webpage check the "Use Points / Certificates" box, open the calendar and select 'Flexible Dates'.
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 14, 2019, 5:00 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy

Starting today, all 7,000+ hotels participating in our program will offer three redemption levels for free nights: Off-Peak, Standard or Peak rates. You will begin to see these new rates appear when you search for hotels and check the “Use Points” box on Marriott.com and the mobile app. It will take a few hours to fully update our servers, but while this is happening you will still be able to book award stays.

Get a sneak peek—below are examples of when we expect some popular destinations to offer Off-Peak rates. Please note, rates may vary by day of the week and larger markets – like New York – may be divided into submarkets. Award rates will be updated monthly to reflect market conditions.

• Bali: November 2019 through mid-December 2019, mid-January 2020 through March 2020
• Many European cities: Primarily November 2019 through March 2020
• California Wine Country: Mid-November 2019 through April 2020
• New York: January and February 2020
• Maldives: May 2020 through June 2020 and the end of August 2020 through early October 2020
• Capetown: May 2020 through August 2020
• Costa Rica: August 2020 through October 2020

As a reminder, any reservations booked with points made prior to today will remain at the reserved Standard redemption rate. However, if you need to change that reservation, you may see a new redemption rate when you rebook. If the hotel you booked moves into Off-Peak, you can rebook at the new, lower redemption rate and then cancel the original reservation (standard cancellation time periods apply).

Start exploring—when searching for a hotel, select “Flexible Dates” in the dates field to explore a hotel’s redemption availability calendar. This is a great way to find the best rates to redeem your points at a particular hotel. In addition, we will introduce new and improved search functionality in the coming weeks. You will be able to search for award stays with enhanced filters, by point range and quickly access a hotel’s flexible date finder. More details about this will be coming soon.

Explore what’s new and redeem your points. ]https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/redeem/hotels/free-nights.mi
TerryK, damon88, Newman and 3 others like this.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 5:03 pm

One of my reservations is partially at off-peak times, so I am getting mixed rates... Was able to change without cancelling.
lexdevil and bhrubin like this.

Last edited by radiowell; Sep 14, 2019 at 5:08 pm
Old Sep 14, 2019, 5:04 pm

If any one is wondering offpeak pointsavers do exist!

Old Sep 14, 2019, 5:15 pm

Mix of 50s (regular) and 60s (peak) at JW Marriott Vancouver in June. Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense; scattered through the week.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 5:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; WN A-list; UA Silver
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Indeed! As it should be.

Bolding mine. Note that the Lurker is pointing out the intended functionality that the new Marriott IT is supposed to offer for PA bookings made before Sept 14. Of course, we all know that Marriott IT may not have the system properly programmed, so there yet may be errors and glitches.
Which there are, of course. I have a 5 night PA booking at the Osaka Sheraton in May which was 140,000 (35x4) now showing 150,000 as basically every friday and saturday, including the nights I am there, went to 40k. As this isn't exactly urgent, I'll wait it out before calling marriott, but annoying nonetheless.
FlyerTalkHandle likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 5:21 pm

Just to make 100% sure, my PA booking made before 9/13/19 for a cat 5 hotel should still cost 35k points per night?

I have a 5 night booking at a cat 5 hotel that cost 140,000 points, that is now showing 150,000 points as two nights became 40,000 point nights. This will be corrected at some point, correct?
Old Sep 14, 2019, 5:22 pm

easily updated reservation that went off peak by clicking modify. No need to cancel and rebook,,and points credited instantly
SacTownGuy likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
Bookings made prior to today will be at the old rates. Bookings made going forward are subject of the new rates
Old Sep 14, 2019, 5:26 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by RedSun
I think at this time, the urgency is on the annual free nights. If we can find the hotels that we'll likely to stay, by all means to use them. After more hotels get peak or off-peak, the FNs can only be used with standard and off-peak. We can always carry the points to next year even though we know the points are losing value year by year.
Actually, if you have a free hotel night from a credit card for up to 35,000 points, it's not limited to Standard and Off-Peak.

It could be used for any of these:

— Category 1 through 4 - Points or PointsSavers - Off-Peak, Standard, or Peak
— Category 5 - Points or PointsSavers - Off-Peak or Standard
— Category 6 - PointsSavers - Off Peak

Of course, using a 35K certificate for a Category 1 Off-Peak night is undoubtedly a bad use of the certificate. But a Category 4 Peak night could be a very good use if it's a good property at a high-demand time.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 5:28 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Most of the Orlando hotels are peak now. For fall. The RC Coconut Grove was 35k. Not it is 60k for spring.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 5:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I like how it's on a regional basis, and not on a per-property basis. It means we don't have to waste time looking at each individual property to see if some are peak/off-peak and some are not.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 5:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Horace
Actually, if you have a free hotel night from a credit card for up to 35,000 points, it's not limited to Standard and Off-Peak.

It could be used for any of these:

— Category 1 through 4 - Points or PointsSavers - Off-Peak, Standard, or Peak
— Category 5 - Points or PointsSavers - Off-Peak or Standard
— Category 6 - PointsSavers - Off Peak

Of course, using a 35K certificate for a Category 1 Off-Peak night is undoubtedly a bad use of the certificate. But a Category 4 Peak night could be a very good use if it's a good property at a high-demand time.
Sure if you want to SAVE and go over super off-peak period and the pure off the beaten path properties....
Old Sep 14, 2019, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by Nuhusky
Bookings made prior to today will be at the old rates. Bookings made going forward are subject of the new rates
Yes, that is what has been said. That's not what marriotts amazing IT is doing though.

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I like how it's on a regional basis, and not on a per-property basis. It means we don't have to waste time looking at each individual property to see if some are peak/off-peak and some are not.
This doesn't seem to be happening. On May 22 at the Westin Tokyo (cat 6), you'll spend 60k point. Same day at Prince Sakura (also cat 6) is 50k.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 5:35 pm

Not sure if this was mentioned in any materials put out prior today or discussed here, but it seems like the 5th night free might be taken on the cheapest award night with peak/standard/off-peak.

Old Sep 14, 2019, 5:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
Starting today, all 7,000+ hotels participating in our program will offer three redemption levels for free nights: Off-Peak, Standard or Peak rates. You will begin to see these new rates appear when you search for hotels and check the “Use Points” box on Marriott.com and the mobile app. It will take a few hours to fully update our servers, but while this is happening you will still be able to book award stays.
Dear Lurker, can you advise if the peak vs off-peak will change frequently (dynamic on supply/demand)? Or this is mainly based on seasonal demand and is relatively stable season-wise? Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.