Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Bonvoy Off-Peak and Peak Redemption Rates, LIVE from 14 Sep 2019

Old Sep 26, 2019, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Marriott page on C&P:

https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/red...cash-points.mi

To view the calendar of Peak / Off-Peak points rates, on the booking webpage check the "Use Points / Certificates" box, open the calendar and select 'Flexible Dates'.
Print Wikipost

Bonvoy Off-Peak and Peak Redemption Rates, LIVE from 14 Sep 2019

Old Nov 5, 2019, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by Tanic
see bonvOY Terms & Conditions revised October 2019:
So what are we saying here? Lets use the standard 48 hour cancellation policy as an example. Say you have a 4 night reservation, and plan on departing early after only 3 nights. Do you have to let the front desk know if your intention to leave early 48 hours before that 4th night in order to be eligible for the points refund?

Is it all hotel cancellation policies will apply AND you must notify front desk in advance of the earl checkout ?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 12:09 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by LUVs_2_Fly
So what are we saying here? Lets use the standard 48 hour cancellation policy as an example. Say you have a 4 night reservation, and plan on departing early after only 3 nights. Do you have to let the front desk know if your intention to leave early 48 hours before that 4th night in order to be eligible for the points refund?Is it all hotel cancellation policies will apply AND you must notify front desk in advance of the earl checkout ?
Best to ask the FD Manager at the property to confirm. It appears that the operative phrase "in advance of the early check-out time" means that you can notify the FD prior to 11am/12n time on the date you will leave early. I have never had a problem at a legacy MR property using that procedure. Haven't tried yet at a legacy SPG property.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 3:42 am

Can someone help what's going on here.
Booked a Dec stay at Seoul and paid 25000 points in May, today an update on the stay showing in my account, 25000 points were refunded then a new peak redemption rate 30000 point were deducted from my account. Are Marriott not even honour the paid points stay now?
Old Nov 6, 2019, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by DonnyJohn
Can someone help what's going on here.
Booked a Dec stay at Seoul and paid 25000 points in May, today an update on the stay showing in my account, 25000 points were refunded then a new peak redemption rate 30000 point were deducted from my account. Are Marriott not even honour the paid points stay now?
Bonvoy'd

This makes no sense, this was a prepaid points reservation right? not a PA? Even under today's more restrictive terms, they cant just change the rate on you. Paid is paid and done is done.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 12:33 pm

Bonvoy'd

This makes no sense, this was a prepaid points reservation right? not a PA? Even under today's more restrictive terms, they cant just change the rate on you. Paid is paid and done is done.
I updated credit card information yesterday and not aware that would cause increasing rate. Phoned helpline and the CS did refund 5000 points.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by DonnyJohn
I updated credit card information yesterday and not aware that would cause increasing rate. Phoned helpline and the CS did refund 5000 points.
Totally Bonvoy'd
Under no circumstances should a price change, cash or points, when you update a credit card on file. Go Marriott IT.

Now go cancel you reservation, and enjoy your free points.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Totally Bonvoy'd
Under no circumstances should a price change, cash or points, when you update a credit card on file. Go Marriott IT.

Now go cancel you reservation, and enjoy your free points.
Are you hinting that when the reservation is canceled the system would refund 30K instead of 25K paid?
Old Nov 6, 2019, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by myperks
Only work if you want to chop off nights from the end but appears to be at least in writing. Getting points back is another potential task between the hotel and Marriott and at what rate?
Potential task no doubt, but shouldn't it be on the day(s) that are lopped off from the reservation?

I would also assume this would not apply to a 5th night free booking that is shortened to 4 days, but to 3 days then it appears you would get 1 day points back, presumably on the end days.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Happy
Are you hinting that when the reservation is canceled the system would refund 30K instead of 25K paid?
i believe the 'free points' reference was for the 5k points the cs refunded....
Old Nov 7, 2019, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Mos Def.
I almost played bad actor with a 5 night 60k PA Ritz reservation that went to 85k. I was sure that CS would simply gift me the points to get from 240k (which i booked via PA) to 340k, what the reservation was pricing at (almost exactly what happened to you). I would then be able to cancel and get 340k back, and keep the 100k free points they adjusted my account with in order to get from a PA res to a fully ready cert loaded res.
Figured that might be cause for a shutdown, so I didn't.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 1:05 pm

Just realized.......Point redemption changes

I had booked a few hotels several months ago for this upcoming February trip to Thailand and Cambodia........I was originally just paying for them but then thought I should use up some points so ended up booking every hotel on points. I have not paid much attention to the changes in the point redemption world as I don't use them too often. I was just playing around and started plucking in my hotels if I was just booking them now.......yikes, I am down & out with Marriott already and I feel like they just kicked me again while I'm down. Another devaluation with the peak / non-peak etc., as I am assuming that is what has happened in reference to the changes. Glad I booked them several months ago.

...Worked so hard - a lot of it on my own dime to get to that goal of Lifetime Plat. Ugh. Feel no love It just seems like one thing after another that is negative. As others have said, I guess they have such a large footprint now they do not need to focus on the loyalty anymore.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
What?
Old Nov 9, 2019, 7:36 pm

Lol...just venting and having more challenges & negatives than positives. A lot of changes in a short amount of time that continue to devaluate the program...that's all.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 12:42 am

Programs: Marriott LTG is all that's left.
Love finding a good opportunity to use a 35k cert, only to find that the property has every Friday night on-peak for 40k (or no availability at all) -- and we're talking six months out.
Moved most of my stays a while ago, but I guess it's finally time to hand in my credit card as well. It's been a good ride, but this is the last straw for me.
Hey, but at least they're winning TPG reader awards still, amirite?
Old Dec 12, 2019, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Same issue trying on a couple random weekends - all at 40K. What a joke.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.