Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Bonvoy Off-Peak and Peak Redemption Rates, LIVE from 14 Sep 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 26, 2019, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Marriott page on C&P:

https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/red...cash-points.mi

To view the calendar of Peak / Off-Peak points rates, on the booking webpage check the "Use Points / Certificates" box, open the calendar and select 'Flexible Dates'.
Print Wikipost

Bonvoy Off-Peak and Peak Redemption Rates, LIVE from 14 Sep 2019

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2019, 4:37 am

Programs: marriott bonvoy
Originally Posted by pauq
Can someone explain to me how can a 35k certificate be used at an off-peak Cat 6 property as TPG article says? No one mentioned this yet so it seems like it's me being dumb and not the article having such a glaring mistake. It cannot be PointsSavers because they don't even have a breakdown for it and in any case it is definitely not available 24% of the time (plus they specifically mention the Cat 7 off-peak PointsSavers only to 40k). What am I missing?
TPG article on the 35k FN certificate is wrong or at least misleading or badly written....the only way you could get a category 6 is not only would the property be already at off peak rates but it would be available at pointsaver rate of 35k points which would be a very rare occurance and would not offset anything of the 20% peak prices we can't book anymore.

I've got a 35k CC FN and it lost a full category to cat.4 peak because of it. This is more a reality than having a cat.6 with it but he didn't mention it in his article? Good luck!
Old Sep 24, 2019, 6:40 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
I should probably know this, but can an individual hotel change categories at any time? I'm used to the mass changes that are (usually) announced in advance. The Residence Inn Middleburg Heights OH has shown Category 1 since opening, but is now Category 2 as of this week. Of course, today is the day I decided I am ready to book. A 27,500 redemption is now 47,500.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by vatraveler
I should probably know this, but can an individual hotel change categories at any time? I'm used to the mass changes that are (usually) announced in advance. The Residence Inn Middleburg Heights OH has shown Category 1 since opening, but is now Category 2 as of this week. Of course, today is the day I decided I am ready to book. A 27,500 redemption is now 47,500.
Yes. Sheraton Times Square went from Cat 5 to Cat 6 on Sept 14.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 7:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by margarita girl
I thought they were making people wait until 2 weeks before trip. Are your reservations close in?
No, they are far out. If you get pushback, just HUCA
margarita girl likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 12:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
Quick data point/question: I called to get my points advance reservation adjusted because it jumped from 140,000 to 160,000. I had previously transferred points to the account to get it to 140,XXX. The rep on the phone immediately understood what I was asking about, and stated she would credit 20,000 points to my account to make up the difference and she would apply the certificate to the reservation.

Looking at my reservation, it looks like a certificate has been applied and it doesn't say the language about needing to have enough points within 14 days of the reservation, but my point total in my account is still at 140,XXX. Nothing reflects the adding of 20,000 points, or the withdrawal of 160,000 points to pay for the certificate. Is that normal and it'll just catch up in the next few days?
Old Sep 24, 2019, 12:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by robhakari
Quick data point/question: I called to get my points advance reservation adjusted because it jumped from 140,000 to 160,000. I had previously transferred points to the account to get it to 140,XXX. The rep on the phone immediately understood what I was asking about, and stated she would credit 20,000 points to my account to make up the difference and she would apply the certificate to the reservation.

Looking at my reservation, it looks like a certificate has been applied and it doesn't say the language about needing to have enough points within 14 days of the reservation, but my point total in my account is still at 140,XXX. Nothing reflects the adding of 20,000 points, or the withdrawal of 160,000 points to pay for the certificate. Is that normal and it'll just catch up in the next few days?

It's just a lag in the reflection of the new points balance and activity. Did you check your account on Marriott.com and the Marriott app ?

Give it a couple days to reflect.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 12:39 pm

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Did this affect cash+points rates? I was looking at Sheraton Times Square in Manhattan and remember there was a C&P option but no longer seeing it....
Old Sep 26, 2019, 1:16 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by hauteboy
Did this affect cash+points rates? I was looking at Sheraton Times Square in Manhattan and remember there was a C&P option but no longer seeing it....
I have yet to see where a hotel offered a mix of cash and points like in the SPG Days where you could utilize say half of the points required with a cash offset.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 1:44 pm

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
I have yet to see where a hotel offered a mix of cash and points like in the SPG Days where you could utilize say half of the points required with a cash offset.
Yeah the Sheraton Times Square had 25k+(could have sworn it was $140 but maybe was $190) listed fairly recently. New page C&P shows different rates for off/peak vs peak so probably went away with the new changes.. ahhhh

https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/red...cash-points.mi
Old Sep 26, 2019, 7:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CardMaster
It's just a lag in the reflection of the new points balance and activity. Did you check your account on Marriott.com and the Marriott app ?

Give it a couple days to reflect.
Took about 12 hours but then everything caught up.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 1:32 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Does anyone know when the peak/off-peak rate will be adjusted and how often? For example, once on the first of every month?
Old Sep 30, 2019, 3:58 pm

If I have a PA reservation from before, at old points level, and I have enough points for it now so I can go ahead and redeem points/attach cert (with some calls and hoops but my understanding it can be done). Once that reservation is paid/confirmed and is no longer a PA, would I have the ability to shorten it within the same dates as currently booked and keep the same nightly points rate as it was reserved at (pre-Sep 14)? or will it reprice at the then current (peak) pricing?

I have a PA that I made a while ago and was working on dates/flights etc, unfortunately snoozed on the changes and did not get the dates locked on time. I know i will need a change to the reservation from what my PA res says now, just trying to see the best way to get it done.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by Nyurka
If I have a PA reservation from before, at old points level, and I have enough points for it now so I can go ahead and redeem points/attach cert (with some calls and hoops but my understanding it can be done). Once that reservation is paid/confirmed and is no longer a PA, would I have the ability to shorten it within the same dates as currently booked and keep the same nightly points rate as it was reserved at (pre-Sep 14)? or will it reprice at the then current (peak) pricing?

I have a PA that I made a while ago and was working on dates/flights etc, unfortunately snoozed on the changes and did not get the dates locked on time. I know i will need a change to the reservation from what my PA res says now, just trying to see the best way to get it done.
Probably not since any changes will trigger current pricing.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 8:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Ay...every weekend night at St. Regis Bal Harbour from Jan-April is peak :/
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 8:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Here's an interesting one . . . looking about a week ahead, everything in Hong Kong is off peak (RC and StR for 70k, JW and Ren for 40k) except for the Sky City, which is standard (35k). I assume this reflects increased demand by connecting pax who don't want to go into the city due to concern over protests. And I have to admit, the idea crossed my mind for an upcoming Sunday night stay . . . .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.