Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Israel

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2019, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Israel

Plan on spending a few nights in Israel in November and visiting Tel Aviv, Haifa, Jerusalem, and possibly the Dead Sea. Looking at staying at either the Renaissance or Sheraton in Tel Aviv the first few nights to visit Tel Aviv and Haifa. Anyone, have recent stays at either? Neither seems to get great reviews. Will be using points so also the option of the Ritz but it seems out of the way for a leisure stay.

I am hoping November will be off peak point rates but will book a holding reservation before Sept 14 just in case.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 8:31 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
I stayed at the sheraton they only upgrade to suites with sna and they gave 100 shekel for food when i was SPG platinun
Old Sep 13, 2019, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Gold, DL Medallion, MR Plat
Stayed at the Sheraton Tel Aviv in June on 2 occasions.

The older rooms are ok, the new rooms are really pretty nice, good modern decor in them.

The service there was very good.

If Plat or above you will likely get a beachside room as a upgrade, it a large hotel, not a ton of suites so I wouldn't expect a suite without SNA success

Lounge is Kosher Dairy, and a has a good liquor selection. The rotate some of the breakfast and dessert options on a daily basis.

Travelling companion stayed a Ren once and Sheraton the other time, they said the Sheraton was a little better.

I looked at some of the boutique properties, but the locations didn't work for me.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 4:05 pm

i stayed at the sheraton last year, it was nice. the lounge had greed food and drinks. my room had an awesome ocean view.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seems like everyone stays at the Sheraton. I like it. The service is very good -- warm, attentive, not smothering. Many pleasant small, and larger-than-small, touches.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 7:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by dag16
the lounge had greed food and drinks.
They charged for food?
Old Sep 13, 2019, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Looks like it will be the Sheraton. I have some SNAa in my account I will probably not use before then so will apply to the reservation.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
I stayed at the sheraton they only upgrade to suites with sna
Not my experience. I have stayed there, I believe, 6 times. All except one time I had a suite.

Originally Posted by bresnab
Stayed at the Sheraton Tel Aviv in June on 2 occasions.

Lounge is Kosher Dairy, and a has a good liquor selection.
Certainly subjective, but the absence of a traditional bourbon or whiskey (e.g., Jack Daniels, Crown Royal, Canadian Club, Makers Mark, etc.) leads me to say the liquor selection is sub-par.
Originally Posted by bresnab
Travelling companion stayed a Ren once and Sheraton the other time, they said the Sheraton was a little better.
I have not stayed at the Renaissance (which is very close to the Sheraton), but I did tour the property for consideration for future stays, and I most definitely prefer the Sheraton in all regards. In particular, if you like to sit and relax or work in the lounge, there is no comparison between the space or amenities offered between the two.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 10:18 pm
Original Poster

I booked the Sheraton and I was not offered a suite option to apply my SNAs. This was an award stay which I don't think should make any difference. The top offering was a renovated Oceanfront room with a queen bed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.