Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Upgraded card before anniversary date lost free night

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2019, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: us cp, delta gold, marriott silver, hyatt gold, starwood gold.

I am being told that because I upgraded my Amex Bonvoy card to Brilliant a month before my anniversary I will not receive the free night award I was due in August.
I was told that I have the chance to earn 50000 miles after I have spent 2500.00 so I don't end up a total loser on the deal.
In my mind that means I really get a net 15000 miles for spending 2500.00
The rep said it is in the rules that you have to KEEP the same product but isn't Bonvoy the same product no matter the card level?
It makes no sense.
Along with all the other changes to Bonvoy it makes me wonder........
Old Sep 9, 2019, 4:39 pm

When did your fee post? You wrote “due in August” but if your fee posted in August you won’t get the certificate until next month.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: us cp, delta gold, marriott silver, hyatt gold, starwood gold.
My fee posted in August. But the rep said it didn't matter. I wont get a certificate now until 2020 as I "changed products" before the anniversary date
Old Sep 11, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
This is an AMEX issue.....not a Marriott issue. (And no, not all Bonvoy cards are the same product.)
Old Sep 11, 2019, 3:28 pm

When is your actual card anniversary?

Family member's SPG to Luxury upgrade last year was accepted 2 months before anniversary in Nov, got the 50k cert in Jan. It takes 8-12 weeks for the anniversary night to post

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.