Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Manchester, New Hampshire - Best Marriott group choices?

Manchester, New Hampshire - Best Marriott group choices?

Old Sep 9, 19, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Question Manchester, New Hampshire - Best Marriott group choices?

I'm going to be traveling for work from New Jersey to Manchester, NH about twice a month, each trip for about one week long. I already have platinum status with Hilton, so I'm thinking of switching to Marriott to gain status with them as well. There are several Marriott properties by Manchester NH. There is a Springhill Suites, Towneplace Suites, Courtyard, and a Fairfield Inn, all within reasonable distance to my work. I do not pay for the hotel room but I do get to keeps the points for the stay.

Anyone have any advice on which Marriott property they prefer? I'm spending my first trip at the Courtyard as they seem pretty standard. I get food daily allowance as well so room service vs having functional kitchen is pretty comparable. Thinking about checking out Springhill suites next time to compare, but curious if anyone out there had any input.
Old Sep 10, 19, 5:23 am

Location: Box Three Five Oh, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
I'd repost this on the Marriott board here for the best advice. That is a MUCH more visited board than the regional ones.

Welcome to FlyerTalk!
Old Sep 10, 19, 5:45 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Welcome from me as well, Dr_Foody. I agree with Out of my Element, so I've alerted a moderator to move your post to the Marriott forum along with a link left here in New England so that visitors to either one can comment if they wish.

lo2e - New England Ambassador
Old Sep 10, 19, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys! I appreciate it.
Old Sep 10, 19, 8:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
First of all, some Marriott brands, including TownePlace Suites, only earn points at half the usual rate. OTOH, all TPS rooms have small but fully equipped kitchens which can be very convenient for longer stays.

I wouldn't expect room service or indeed much in the way of F&B offerings beyond breakfast in any of these brands unless they're co-located with a full service hotel. Courtyard is likely to come closest to having a restaurant and bar.

Is there a Hyatt nearby? Alternatively, have you considered an independent inn or even a good B&B? Some of these can be very good in New England.
Old Sep 10, 19, 8:16 am
Senior Moderator/Moderator: United MileagePlus

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Dr_Foody, welcome to FlyerTalk!

Let me move this to the Marriott forum, with a slightly-edited thread title - and a re-direct visible in the New England forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Senior Moderator.

Search this Thread