Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Is Titanium Elite Status Worth it? (General Discussion)

Is Titanium Elite Status Worth it? (General Discussion)

Old Dec 16, 2019, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
The UK does not have a national i.d. system (or the requirement to carry i.d. with you). Therefore if your account address is located in the UK, you are not legally obliged to provide i.d. and many hotels won't ask.
What you're legally obliged to do and what a hotel has as their policy are two different things.

The US does not have a national ID system or a requirement to carry ID with you either.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 12:31 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
You’ll not be asked for ID in the U.K. as long as your profile shows a U.K. address and you confirm that. However they will want to hold a credit card and if the names don’t match that could cause issues...
Old Nov 30, 2021, 8:51 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Plat
70 Elite Nights

I am a Titanium elite currently at 70 Elite Nights this year. With the automatic status extension, is there any reason to go out of my way and actually stay the five extra nights to make it a full 75? If I have travel coming up this year, is there any reason to stay Marriott or should I be looking into/taking advantage of deals elsewhere?

Assuming I don’t stay any more nights at Marriott this year, I was planning to select the 5 elite night for my platinum gift to reach titanium, then select 5 SNAs for the titanium gift. Would that work? (That’s why the 5 elite night option exists right?) Is there an earlier deadline where I need to execute this strategy by, for all of those to go smoothly, or can I wait until January and see how things ended up playing out?
Old Nov 30, 2021, 9:27 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by unseasoned
Assuming I don’t stay any more nights at Marriott this year, I was planning to select the 5 elite night for my platinum gift to reach titanium, then select 5 SNAs for the titanium gift. Would that work?
That would work.

Another option would be to pick a free night up to 40K as your 75-night Annual Choice Benefit.

It all depends on whether the 5 SNAs or the 40K night would be more valuable to you. It depends on your pattern of hotel stays. Some people on this board find SNAs to be incredibly valuable. Others find them worthless. Most people agree that a free 40K night has value.

If you reach 75 mights with additional hotel nights, you could have both.
Jiatong likes this.

Last edited by Horace; Dec 1, 2021 at 12:33 pm
Old Nov 30, 2021, 11:03 pm

You could also get the credit card if you don’t have it already. The elite night credits post shortly after your card is approved.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
The free night is often worth more than 5 SNAs, especially unused ones. So take the 5 elite nights now for 50 and the free night at 75.

Choose the free night on January 2nd and it should be valid until the end of 2023.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 5:29 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by craigthemif
The free night is often worth more than 5 SNAs, especially unused ones. So take the 5 elite nights now for 50 and the free night at 75.

Choose the free night on January 2nd and it should be valid until the end of 2023.
Caveat with the free night is that Marriott is eliminating award charts which will probably devalue the peak of the FNC significantly.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 10:40 am

Programs: DL DM
Need 3 nights for Titanium with 4 nights left

Well as the title says, I unexpectedly ended up with 72 nights after my sister who was visiting for Christmas tested positive for Covid on her drive down to LA from SF, and so I ended up booking her a hotel for 8 nights which left me in this predicament. I can book a room in the Los Angeles area for as low as $50/night with my discount, so I was wondering, is Titanium worth $150 + taxes over Platinum?
Old Dec 28, 2021, 10:43 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by bsagator
Well as the title says, I unexpectedly ended up with 72 nights after my sister who was visiting for Christmas tested positive for Covid on her drive down to LA from SF, and so I ended up booking her a hotel for 8 nights which left me in this predicament. I can book a room in the Los Angeles area for as low as $50/night with my discount, so I was wondering, is Titanium worth $150 + taxes over Platinum?
If you actually will stay more than 25 nights next year, I would say $150 would be worth it. You can get a 40K award night as a "choice award" as well which is probably worth $200.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 11:23 am
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Titanium also gives you complementary United silver status. If you fly on United several times a year but not enough to get status organically, I’d say it’s easy to get $150 of value from it.

As others said it’s pretty easy to get $150 of value if you choose the 40k free night certificate as your 75 night gift too.
bsagator and Synapseturquoise like this.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
If you actually will stay more than 25 nights next year, I would say $150 would be worth it. You can get a 40K award night as a "choice award" as well which is probably worth $200.
I should easily hit 25. I have 6 nights booked in Prague next week alone.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 1:23 pm

Its worth it just for the 40k cert you would get.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 1:27 pm

Thanks everyone. I'm all booked. Found a room for $45/night and booked it.

Old Dec 28, 2021, 2:15 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
May I ask where you found a Marriott property in LA for $45/night?
Old Dec 28, 2021, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by fliesdelta
May I ask where you found a Marriott property in LA for $45/night?
A immediate family member works for Marriott.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.